Premium Format Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this come as news? Another maul PF? Hmmm... Not bad I never liked the first PF enough. The chicken leg was super awesome. Shame didn't like the brown color maul either. This might be promising with new technology.

I do not own a Maul either.. sold the reg. PF after a while cause the pose bothered me somehow.. so I have an eye on this for the next 2 years or so

I'm thinking he will look like this.....
1238980e63c3a6ee989ccbfd28f44bf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah...hoping we don't get another chicken leg maul.

I noticed the arm guards on the sculpt concept, so that is why I was thinking we may get this version. However, I'm not a big fan of the chicken legs either. I wish SS would do some different PF's. We need some more Jedi, Sith, and females. I'd love to see an Ahsoka Tano, Ventress, Clone Wars Obi Wan, and a new Jedi Luke PF

I can't imagine they'd do two raptor leg Maul PFs in a row. I'm guessing it'll just be a generic shirtless costume that draws some inspiration from his more recent Clone Wars appearances.

..but wouldn't that fall under the "mythos" category ??? Thats not possible because SSC are not allowed to produce those kind of statues anymore that do not have a certain movie appearance no ?

Could be based on his final Clone Wars appearance and they just haven't tailored the tunic yet.

SidiousVsMaulSavage-TL.png

The more I look at the concept, the more I think this won't be a cyborg Maul. For one, his horns are shorter like they were in Ep. 1. I'm starting to think this will be a free representation of him by SS. Either way, he looks cool so far.

Don't worry. We should know which version it is within the next two to three years tops. :rotfl

Don't worry. We should know which version it is within the next two to three years tops. :rotfl

Haha for real! I hope SS reveals him or Jango Fett next Friday for Force Friday, the big Star Wars toy rollout event. However, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see either one until Spooktacular or 12 Days of Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my take, given that there have been four stages of Maul, those being with:

#1 - normal/flesh legs, as he originally appeared in Ep. I
#2 - spider-like cybernetic legs, as he first appeared in TCW
#3 - mechanical (chicken) legs made by Talzin from destroyed bodies of super battle droids, later in TCW
#4 - humanoid (slimmer) legs put by medical droids, also from TCW

So based on those, another PF from Ep. I may make sense because his horns and the double-bladed lightsaber from the film match the teaser photo. But IMO chances are slim for having this one, simply because we already have one in PF form. And to me that's one of Sideshow's best PF's made. His body overall is proportional, and the pose is very dynamic, and familiar. Unlike the 1:2 Legendary scale, which to me he seems to have short legs, and his pose seems very awkward.

Spider-like Legged Maul, #2, would be a great new/fresh statue; however, I think that will be a super massive PF -- especially if Sideshow makes it with those new elevated base styles! Though, if they managed to produce the Scout Trooper on a Bike PF, then anything's possible. But, as others have pointed out, the horns in the teaser photo are trimmed and civil, as opposed to how they were when he had the spider-like legs. And like others have pointed out, he didn't have his double-bladed lightsaber at the time.

As for the Maul with mechanical (chicken) legs, #3, Sideshow already made one, and I don't know how they can top that one. Also, at the time he had non-trimmed long horns and didn't have the double-bladed lightsaber, as shown in the teaser photo. So that's not an option either.

Then we have #4, Maul with his humanoid (slimmer) mechanical legs. Now, during that stage, his horns were trimmed/shortened, but he still didn't have his original double-bladed lightsaber. So my guess is that, this is the Maul with with his humanoid (slimmer) legs after he was defeated by Darth Sidious, and during the time when he's transitioning from TCW into the rumored appearance in the Rebels, where he replaces his lightsaber with similar to the one he originally had in Ep. I. To me this makes sense, because one other possibility will be to have on pre-Ep. I, but we already had Mythos that covered that timeline (and we know how that ended up.) So I'm betting on seeing this Maul to be revealed soon.

Which one are you betting on to see that it's revealed?

Last edited:
Back