Premium Format Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess will be November .... the way SSC operates their SW PF line.. I dont expect anything earlier ..

I think they should show one now, then that hype will carry through rebels season 2 and battlefront, then do one right after the movie.

I think they should show one now, then that hype will carry through rebels season 2 and battlefront, then do one right after the movie.

Makes sense.

Def should show it off. I just want to see the full sculpt, colors I can wait on.

But I'm thinking right before or right after the movie would be a good time to put up a PO. Capitalize on everyone's massive hype at the time.

It's SS we're talking about, so I guess it's time to get used to the idea that we won't have a new Star Wars PF pre-order for a few more months at the earliest.

Another week, another newsletter with no PF news. Seriously, WTF?????

Another week, another newsletter with no PF news. Seriously, WTF?????

I'm not expecting news on this piece any time soon. But I wish we could at least see the full sculpt! I mean we KIND of know the color scheme. Black and red. But we've yet to even see the full sculpt.

We're all wondering the same thing....

What's going on below his waist??? :wink1:

If SS is trying to kill off the PF line, they are doing a great job!

Alex stated on the other forum that there will be one or maybe two new Star Wars PFs going up for order at the end of the year. But since the Sandtrooper and Jango Fett PFs were announced way before this one and they still haven't gone up for order, I don't think we'll see this go up for order for at least another year.

I want this. But I hope they capitalize on the hype and tease 2 or 3 PF's from the episode 7 within a couple months of December 2015.

I'm not expecting news on this piece any time soon. But I wish we could at least see the full sculpt! I mean we KIND of know the color scheme. Black and red. But we've yet to even see the full sculpt.

We're all wondering the same thing....

What's going on below his waist??? :wink1:

2DZQwtE.jpg

:lol I'd be surprised if it's this year.

I think next SDCC will be mostly SW related items.

So there's a few little things on this statue that are pretty interesting.

His armguards. I've never seen him with the EXACT ones in the sculpt...but these (Maul from The Clone Wars) are similar.

8262290-805x491.jpg

However...if you look closer at his armguards in the sculpt photo from SS, they appear to have a symbol etched/engraved in them. Looks kind of similar to a mandalorian symbol. We know Maul was at one point Mandalore for a very brief stint. Is it possible the sculpt is based on that?

They've also deliberately hidden his lower body from our view. So we can all speculate as to real legs, robot legs, spider robot legs, or normal humanoid robot legs (...so just normal looking legs I guess).

I'm honestly just not sure on the source material they're pulling from for this sculpt. We know it has to be canon, since no more EU stuff.

The ONLY other thing I can think of, is this is him from the Son of Dathomir comic. That was the last SW comic printed by Dark Horse and it the ONLY comic from them that is in new official canon. I'll have to go back and re-read them to see if there are any similarities in Maul's look in that comic and this sculpt.

Reguardless...I'm REALLY pumped to see more of this sculpt!!!

Me too bud! To me the way he is positioned and holding the saber, it looks like he could be landing after a jump/spin attack

Way to kill the hype, SS! Tease us, then leave us hanging for weeks without news. :impatient:

Back