Darla is coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hm when i preorder darla it takes me to update my acount, but then I have to give credit card details, will I actually be charged if i give the details?

BDboystoys,
Don't worry about them charging your card. They don't charge until the item is ready to ship, and they provide plenty of advance warning. I have been trying to not use my card with Sideshow too, and they have let me send money orders to them, so the item is paid for, but not charged to a credit card. This way you ensure that you will get an item, and not have a surprise on a credit card bill. Sideshow are very customer-friendly.

BDboystoys said:
hm when i preorder darla it takes me to update my acount, but then I have to give credit card details, will I actually be charged if i give the details?

No you won't be charged until it shipped.

Although, when I checked my account earlier today, my order said Call to Cancel beside of Darla. Very strange since she doesn't ship until 1QRT 06.

edit--- Didn't see your post seaward

Guess this means no human faced boxer rebellion Darla. :mad:

Keep in mind that a human Darla (like vamp Willow, Spike, Angel, Buffy and WW Oz) would be a wholely seperate figure.

And hopefully in period costume from either Boxer rebellion or Liam's time.

Sideshow Brant said:
There's no third version coming - this is it!
BDboystoys:

I may be putting the wrong words in his mouth, but, I think Brant was saying there would not be an alternate human-face Darla in either of the currently solicitated red or blue outfits.

That does not necessarily rule out a Victorian D.

trkhn.jpg

I think that was what he was saying too. So im gonna preorder it soon. How long till u rekon it sells out?

Oops!

Sorry BDboystoys! I meant to comment on Mutany Enemy's post regarding the possibility of a Boxer Rebellion Darla.

How long till u rekon it sells out?
As Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

Darla

Gotta have both, so I've ordered the "exclusive" Blue Darla from Sideshow and placed an order for Red Darla from Buffy Collectors Club (Time and Space Toys) for $34.99. With only 750 of the Red Darlas available, I'm wondering how many were allotted to dealers for their retail sales. I've also seen Red Darla at CineQuest.com, so either Sideshow has divvied these up and didn't leave a lot for themselves, or dealers are being optimistic that they'll actually get what they THINK they'll be getting and can fulfill orders.

I also hedged my bets and put in an order for the Red Darla from Sideshow just in case Time and Space Toys doesn't get all they think they will and can't fulfill their sales. I'll just have to keep an eye on my orders so I don't end up with TWO Red Darla's. If it looks like Time and Space Toys will be able to send me one, I'll cancel my Sideshow order. :clap :banana

my orders placed for the exclusive! Now to get the money! Btw how large do you think the Dru edition size will be?

Sideshow Brant said:
Darla is indeed limited to only 1250 pieces, total, between the red and blue. There's no third version coming - this is it! Although you may find her here and there, especially internationally, she's not going to be as widely available as previous Buffy figures. If she's a success, you can look forward to similar figures tailored for the hardcore Buffy fans, but it won't encourage us to start a Catholic Schoolgirl line.

Too bad - Cordy wore plenty of school girl outfits that would be appropriate for her figure ( no pun intended) though I'd rather see her in the green prom dress from slayerfest (sorry - off topic)

BDboystoys,
Glad you made the leap! I think that you will be pleased that you have Darla ordered, and will be able to pool together the money before she ships! If you have any questions about sending sideshow a check or a money order, let me know. Just a quick note, I always include the order number and item name on the check, to ensure that the money is applied to the correct item, and then give a quick call to customer service to make sure they have received the check after a few days! Darla looks great, and while I am sad that the announcement wasn't Cordy or Giles, this is certainly a major villian to have, and one will look great with Angel, and the other is gonna have to hang out with the Master! This really beats out getting a random, episode specific monster.

thanks for the help seaward! I'll let you know in the future, but I think I've got it covered. Then I need Dru and Angel(missed out on him at Sideshow)

You know, the outfit Darlas wearing (blue verison) would be a great one for willow. Could be very willow.

I ordered the blue exclusive from SS, but can't afford the other from there as well. So hopefully Forbidden Planet will have the regulars up for order soon. :D

On the Time & Space Toys website they had Darla listed for pre-order and now they have cancelled all orders and here was the message listed:

NOTE: The manufacturer has decided to cancel sales of this item to all third-party retailers, and thus we are unable to offer this item. Pre-orders for darla will be cancelled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm guessing she's selling really well on the Sideshow website and they figure they'll be able to sell them all. Both colors have been listed under their "Most popular" column as number 1 and 3 since they debuted. So I'd suggest if anyone that wants them and was planning on getting them somewhere else you might want to pre-order them with Sideshow to make sure you get one.

That's why I ordered both from SS. I suspected they wouldn't be available retail or if they were it would be in such limited quantities there wouldn't be any security of actually getting the order.

Darla

Well, glad I didn't cancel MY Sideshow Darla, since I too placed an order with Time & Space, thinking I might get Red Darla for a little less. Oh, well, I had a feeling the order cancellation was coming. Interestingly enough, I have not received my cancellation email from Time & Space Toys yet. Wonder where it is...? :confused:

Back