Darla is coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't a fan of Darla when the character was on Buffy and was not sorry to see her killed off. But I absolutely loved the character on AtS and thought she was fantastic. I was hoping for a Victorian Darla to go with Origin's Angel but this one will look just as nice posed next to The Master. Hopefully we'll get that Victorian Darla someday too (but not until we at least get a Giles figure!!).

BtVSnut said:
(PS - Fireflyfanatic, I LOOOOVE your avatar - where did you find it?? So cute :p )

It's from a picture from the set of Serenity with Nathan and Gina fooling around. Here's the full picture:

41882873_0f04a6b597_o.jpg

think its the hair that makes something look abit off. It comes out too much. I also had a terrible thought that the skirt might be to short, but ill definately be getting her! And i thought there werent gonna be anymore after dru!
I WANT GILES...and cordy and Anya and the mayor and glory. But thats it i swear! lol
:stake :stake :stake

I found a picture of Darla in Red

I Though she only wore the dark colored outfits but here
is the proof. I think her head is to big right now but
I do think that will be fixed and I will be ordering here.
I liked her first outfit better with the peter pan collar

darla01b.jpg

thanks for the great photo dr2red, in fact that picture makes me even more fond of of the figure! AND im told its been improved apon so I cant WAIT to see her updated and ordered! I REALLY hope the line prospers. coz u know whatI want.
GILES, CORDY ANYA GLORY THE MAYOR
Its really annoying me how some people on other boards are calling this figure disgusting and things like that. i dont understand why! i think it looks great and I mean if the line is to prosper the comments must be helpful. Im not saying you shouldnt say what you feel about something but it just really doesnt help the line. thats just my opinion anyway.

LONG LIVE BUFFY, and thankyou for doing what you do Sideshow and makin the quality figures.

Last edited:
It's easy to critisize and it's human nature to voice the negative before voicing the positive. Just the way it is. You see it every day at work. How often have you been praised for good work? You can probably count that on one hand. Yet, if you slip up at all people are rushing to point the finger at you and set blame. Understanding that let's me swallow internet message boards more easily.

I do make it a point to praise people as often as I can because a small word of encouragement goes a long way in motivating people.

Enough of my armchair philosophy though. Andy admitted to the large head and says it is being compensated for in production so I think SSC probably has a grasp on it. IMO the sculpt is pretty tight overall, I just hope we get paint apps that are at the level of the prototype. The eyes really pierce!

Prefer human head Julie Benz first, vampire face second. But what the heck, I imagine well see cute Julie later on.
I'm wondering if there won't be an exclusive version with the dark sweater and skirt. It would make a certain amount of sense.
And I agree that an origin figure would be very cool and probably popular. Maybe even with people who aren't Buffy collectors because of the costuming.

BDboystoys said:
Its really annoying me how some people on other boards are calling this figure disgusting and things like that. i dont understand why! i think it looks great and I mean if the line is to prosper the comments must be helpful. Im not saying you shouldnt say what you feel about something but it just really doesnt help the line. thats just my opinion anyway.

LONG LIVE BUFFY, and thankyou for doing what you do Sideshow and makin the quality figures.

Sigh, that also annoys me too - I visit that other board you're talking about and it amazes me how negative a lot of the people are about the Sideshow line (seems to be the same people everytime a new figure is announced). I was glad to find this board because there isn't the same antagonism towards the Sideshow Buffy line like on that other board. It's normal to be a little critical but I kind of feel that it's overdone because they are fans of the other line more and feel the need to bash Sideshow. That's just my take on it though.

BDboystoys said:

I totally agree with ya. This happens all the time when SSW was putting out new LOTR pieces. If it didn't fit certain people's exact specifications it was **** or if it was something they thought didn't belong it was ****. So, I totally understand what you are saying. I agree for a line to be prosperus the comments must be helpful both in a positive way and in constuctive criticism. :mummy

BDboystoys said:
think its the hair that makes something look abit off. It comes out too much.

What?!? Is someone calling into question the verisimilitude of Burgholtz hair? How dare, you sir?

JK, BDboystoys. My fetish for the way Sideshow Andy sculpts hair always gets the best of me. :p

The outfit is from the episode "Angel" during the confrontation with Buffy and Angel at the Bronze.

If there will be only one version of this figure, I'm happy to see her dressed in red. Because... we'll propably be getting a pistol-packin'-guns-a-totin' John Woo Darla!

:woo

trnswllw.gif

Firefly Flanatic said:
Sigh, that also annoys me too - I visit that other board you're talking about and it amazes me how negative a lot of the people are about the Sideshow line (seems to be the same people everytime a new figure is announced). I was glad to find this board because there isn't the same antagonism towards the Sideshow Buffy line like on that other board. It's normal to be a little critical but I kind of feel that it's overdone because they are fans of the other line more and feel the need to bash Sideshow. That's just my take on it though.

I know what you mean FF. I've noticed it too.

Wow! Andy sure did a nice job on the sculpt. :clap

I think the figure looks great. The head is a tad too big but I'm sure SS will fix that especially after hearing Andy's comments on it.

Back