Darla is coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pic dr2ed - I'm also hoping there's a version from the pilot as the exclusive. Heck, I'd buy 2 vamp Darlas.

And dr3ed if you're serious about Darin Morgan - he's on staff of the new Nightstalker series.

Okay, no one scream at me because I know this isn't a popular choice with the Buffy line, but I think she'd be a figure that would look good with the rooted hair. Darla in the Angel episode has very neat looking bangs and I don't think you can capture that with a sculpt hairstyle. The hair would have to be just right though - nice and straight with a slight curl outward at the end (don't know what you'd call it - opposite of what a page boy looks like) and the nice bangs to frame around her eyes.

Don't josh me Dave

He who wrote the best X-files and Millennium episodes is working on
the Nightstalker?
My personal god Darrin Morgan!!

I will definitely have to check out the show now.

Thanks DD

I really should learn to spell his name correctly Darin with one r.

I feel a connection to him because
1. I belong to the FMU from the old X-files
boards.
2. I was the official web mistress for
Doug Hutchison who starred in the
X-files episodes Squeeze and Tooms.
3. Doug is a very good friend of Glenn Morgan
4. Doug was in Space: Above and Beyond
for Glenn
5. I love everything X-Files and Millennium (because
Doug was in the episode The Beginning and the End
written by Morgan and Wong.
6. SOMEHOW, SATAN GOT BEHIND ME is the best
episode that has aired on televison.

That's all for now.

Oman i hope the accessories are her guns! That would be Sooooo cool! actually what else would she come with, if i recall she didnt really carryin anything, just trigger happy :dance

I cant wait for this and dru and vamp Buffy!

Darla

I'm pretty excited about her -- I think she's one of the best "vamp-faced" characters yet -- and I'm with FF on the hair :) -- i wasn't too impressed by Sideshow's past rooted hair figures -- imagine how great the PG Buffy would have been if she had "Burgholtz hair" -- I usualy only buy the exclusive version of figures, but must admit that if the regular version was in the blue outfit from the first episode I might break down & buy both -- any guesses as to when we can pre-order?

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this one, though I would have preferred her in her season one blue digs. I'm sure she'll look great once they tweak her. I would love an exclusive with interchangeable human and vampire heads.

Darth Rage said:
I would love an exclusive with interchangeable human and vampire heads.

I can understand the desire for the regular head as well, but I would say unlikely an exclusive would have interchangeable heads. Just have to wait for the non-vamp edition later on.

Darla

Met Julie Benz at a signing and she is SO nice, this is a figure I will pick up for sure if the production version has the smaller (non-Goodyear blimp) headsculpt as has been suggested will happen.

Darla

Personally I think the vamp/monster versions have a wider appeal, so by their sales/edition sizes we should have an indicator toward the human version viability and, I would think, smaller edition size. I'm all for the vamp versions first. I agree with the Dr on the collar. Vamp me up. :stake

Vamp Darla

Woo hoo! Glad that Vamp Darla is coming soon! Or, at least, it's going to be released, shouldn't get too excited and say it'll be "soon".

How about "In the near future", then?

Nope, let's just go with "In the future on a date to be decided, whenever the figure is ready, on whatever time frame that might be." :banana

I'm not a big Darla fan, but I gotta say, that sculpt is amazing! Great work, Andy!
If they "corrected the headsize at the factory" that makes it seem she's pretty far along in production.

If I had to sculpt a vamp faced character, I'd sculpt the normal version of the character first, mold that, then vamp it up since you'd have to capture her likeness in vamp form anyways, that way you wouldn't need to do your work twice when SS was ready to make a human faced Darla- it would be done already. I don't know if Andy could really answer if he did that, because it would imply a human version was in the works somewhere (but I'm just sayin, that's how I'd do it. But, ya know, I'm pretty darned lazy).
Anyways, great work again, Andy!

dr2red said:
I went to the page for Darla and she
is now wearing the the dark colored
outfit. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=20201
Is this her new look?
The head is a better size but the likeness was
better on the red Darla.

Thoughs , comments , decapitations

Darla comes in two different outfits. Both are SS exclusives?? :confused:

The blue outfit is a LE of 500. The red outfit is 750. I guess this means that Darla is a LE of only 1250 total.

The links are in the new newsletter or use Dave's banner.

I'm glad SS fixed the large head. The proto pics look awesome!!

Andy has done it again! :clap :bow

Bonehead15 said:
Darla comes in two different outfits. Both are SS exclusives?? :confused:

The blue outfit is a LE of 500. The red outfit is 750. I guess this means that Darla is a LE of only 1250 total.

I figured the red version would be the regular edition and not just another SS exclusive. Could this be a typo?? of are both versions exclusive to SS??

I can't believe that's all the Darla there is. Just 1250 total? That's less than Der K. Or perhaps there is yet another look that will be the regular version? so I have to buy 3 vamp Darlas?

The head size looks much improved, I'm wondering if these are production pieces instead of the proto.

I'm just glad they put her in blue. Order in. I do hope they do a human version eventually. But yes I would rather see Cordelia and Giles first.

They are both listed as exclusive on teh website, and the description says the Darla figure is ultra-limited, so this may be it for her, 1250 total.

Back