Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got in the Stealth Fusion 8 inch Batman figure with the endo-skeleton today from my Mattel shop order. Pretty cool, but more limited articulation than I would have anticipated. Plus his batarangs are the wrong color. They're black for some odd reason.

well today was a pretty awesome batman day for me! My Kmart EX batman came in today and those Blueprints he comes with are pretty nice, then Barnes and Noble sent me a shipping notice for my Dark Knight Manual that wasn't expected to ship until Auguest 7th. But that's not even the good part. I went to my LCS today to pic up my subs and they had an SDCC EX Batman! I know many aren't a fan of it but I wanted one, had the chance but declined since I ordered my Kmart EX, but seeing it first hand, had to buy it. Definitely an impulse buy fueled by my need for a TDKR fix but I don't care. did not expect for my LCS to get one. I was just about to by the AC Deluxe Mr. Freeze too haha

added TDKR stuff from SDCC

418203_4092330902496_1774415211_n.jpg

564645_4091466800894_1270901230_n.jpg

well today was a pretty awesome batman day for me! My Kmart EX batman came in today and those Blueprints he comes with are pretty nice, then Barnes and Noble sent me a shipping notice for my Dark Knight Manual that wasn't expected to ship until Auguest 7th. But that's not even the good part. I went to my LCS today to pic up my subs and they had an SDCC EX Batman! I know many aren't a fan of it but I wanted one, had the chance but declined since I ordered my Kmart EX, but seeing it first hand, had to buy it. Definitely an impulse buy fueled by my need for a TDKR fix but I don't care. did not expect for my LCS to get one. I was just about to by the AC Deluxe Mr. Freeze too haha

Nice!! :clap Please tell me u didn't buy the TDK manual book for full price. Amazon has it for twenty and I got The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy for 24 bucks off there. Barnes and Noble sells it for 40 in retail on both books.

Re: Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Bane, Batman, Alfred, catwoman review

so sick of Wal Mart employees giving me the "just stop talking to me I'm stoned" look when I would ask.

:rotfl

I never liked the Bane character from the comics but was pleasantly surprised by the movie version. I have seen Batman, Gordon, Alfred, Blake and Bane in the stores...and I broke down and got Bane this morning on the way in to work.

Never saw that coming.:thud:

Can anyone do a comparison shot of these figures alongside, say, DC Direct's Arkham City figures? Please and thank you.

Can anyone do a comparison shot of these figures alongside, say, DC Direct's Arkham City figures? Please and thank you.

Completely different scale. The movie masters figures are significantly shorter than the DCD AC figures. The ears of the TDK Batman barely reach the shoulders of the AC unmasked Bruce Wayne, for instance.

SnakeDoc

Completely different scale. The movie masters figures are significantly shorter than the DCD AC figures. The ears of the TDK Batman barely reach the shoulders of the AC unmasked Bruce Wayne, for instance.

SnakeDoc
Yeah, I didn't think they'd be in scale, I just don't know how far off they are. I'd really like DCD to do some AC-scaled TDKR figures.

I don't have a camera with me ... but they're far enough off that the MM figures would look ridiculous displayed alongside the DCD AC figures. TDK Batman is shorter than AC Robin.

I have them on separate shelves.

SnakeDoc

I ran into the whole first line of these figures at a walmart i use a lot one of my friends was there we laughed about the price and how cheap they looked Hot Toys for me... LOL

Went to go see the movie today for the first time. Without saying too much I liked it.

Then I hit a Fred Meyers store across the way and found Alfred, Catwoman (goggles up) x2, and a Bane that I bought. I'll probably wait on Bats, since he's really just a TDK repack - I might just get the TRU Bats/Bane two-pack. Now I just need Blake and maybe Ras to feel all set.

Any word on a Wave 3 for this series?

I wanted that SDCC figure just for the grapple gun...
Yes, it's ridiculous that part of the allure of an exclusive is 'accessories'. For crying out loud Mattel...throw us a bone here. The bat signal is nice, but you can toss in 8 more cents worth of plastic.

Just picked up Bane and Batman today. I only grabbed a few Dark Knight figures years ago, but now that the trilogy is complete and I think it stands among the best there have been, I'm in the mood to grab all the others I skipped. :gah: What a fool I was!

At least it looks like it's not a really pricey endeavor, and I'll live without being able to snag the priciest figures.

Nice!! :clap Please tell me u didn't buy the TDK manual book for full price. Amazon has it for twenty and I got The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy for 24 bucks off there. Barnes and Noble sells it for 40 in retail on both books.

Oh no definitely not full price. Ordered it off of Barnes and Noble's website and with my 15% off coupon, it came in at $18 before shipping. Barnes and Noble.com also have the "Art of" book for 24.99 I believe. Was hoping to find lots of production design pics but speed reading through it at the store, it didn't grasp me like I had hoped it would so I didnt order it

I have still yet to find a single Catwoman at any store within a 75 mile radius, let alone Blake or Ra's. There are a whole ton of Batmen warming the pegs everywhere, along with the occasional Bane, but that's been it for close to two months now. I give up.

Yes, it's ridiculous that part of the allure of an exclusive is 'accessories'. For crying out loud Mattel...throw us a bone here. The bat signal is nice, but you can toss in 8 more cents worth of plastic.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself. They are getting better about accessories, but they need to step it up. When Two-Face doesn't come with a coin or a gun you know that something is wrong.

I have still yet to find a single Catwoman at any store within a 75 mile radius, let alone Blake or Ra's. There are a whole ton of Batmen warming the pegs everywhere, along with the occasional Bane, but that's been it for close to two months now. I give up.

Same here. I've been to Targets and Walmarts that are quite far from my city and still nothing. I think it's the fact that we both live in California. They must not have hit our state yet. -sigh-

I'm definitely planning on doing the jacketless Bane custom, that looks fantastic and I think would've been my preferred look for the official figure.

At the risk of sounding lazy and not doing a lot of research myself, I'd assume the wrestling figures would be in the same scale? And do any have double elbow joints? I'd love for Bane to be able to do his hands on the vest pose.

Back