1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I don’t think I’d want to leave any of Hot Toys’ Batman figures inside a Batmobile for an extended amount of time.
Agreed. If I had one and wanted a Batman to display inside, I would buy a spare body at the very least to still have one for display, that way damage to that suit won’t matter

Last edited:
As much as I’m immediately pre ordering the Inart tdk batman once it goes up, I’m more curious to see how hot toys armory improves on the dx19.
Still one of the biggest slaps to buyers so soon after the dx 19.
But I’m more than happy with mine with my ot customs cape & neck piece.
Definitely a keeper figure

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
That’s a bummer! He makes great products. After missing the Q2 and Q3 batches I figured I might not be getting one..
Can always try to reach out to him, all preorders that were placed before that post will be honored according to him. I’m waiting on his Begins cowl myself.

Can always try to reach out to him, all preorders that were placed before that post will be honored according to him. I’m waiting on his Begins cowl myself.
Can I ask which quarter are you in? I’m in q4 2023

Can I ask which quarter are you in? I’m in q4 2023
I actually recently purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I went with the unpainted deluxe with custom eyes as I prefer a different artist’s paint. His site claims he’ll ship in 4 weeks, I’ve been awaiting shipping info.

I actually recently purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I went with the unpainted deluxe with custom eyes as I prefer a different artist’s paint. His site claims he’ll ship in 4 weeks, I’ve been awaiting shipping info.
Iv ordered half a dozen things from ot & he’s never let me down. I went for painted & pre ordered back in may-hopefully I get it in January

Iv ordered half a dozen things from ot & he’s never let me down. I went for painted & pre ordered back in may-hopefully I get it in January
Yea you’ll get it I’m certain, most custom work takes a decent amount of wait time no matter who’s selling. I’m sure it’s a hassle chasing him down but I understand having to mass produce the same two sculpts everyday can wear you down mentally enduring this solo.

only when you happen you have an issue with your order, you're kinda screwed. i got two buddies who are going through limbo hell with the guy, let alone the countless people that have been ignored via email. i get you cant respond on a timely manner and that you might get all sorts of emails from customers, but c'mon... his product is good but his customer service sounds hellish. personally my experience with him is fine, no personal complaints. i had a request and he fulfilled it but hearing other's experiences with him just makes me not want to deal with him because it'll just be a gamble going forward to me

Yea you’ll get it I’m certain, most custom work takes a decent amount of wait time no matter who’s selling. I’m sure it’s a hassle chasing him down but I understand having to mass produce the same two sculpts everyday can wear you down mentally enduring this solo.
Yeah Im just glad ot’s making the begins headsculpt it’s literally perfect & that I managed to get in on the pre order

only when you happen you have an issue with your order, you're kinda screwed. i got two buddies who are going through limbo hell with the guy, let alone the countless people that have been ignored via email. i get you cant respond on a timely manner and that you might get all sorts of emails from customers, but c'mon... his product is good but his customer service sounds hellish. personally my experience with him is fine, no personal complaints. i had a request and he fulfilled it but hearing other's experiences with him just makes me not want to deal with him because it'll just be a gamble going forward to me
Well going by my personal experience with past orders from him he’s always fulfilled them & Iv had great communication from him so I’m more than happy to order from him. Like you said he fulfilled his request for you too, so I don’t see why you would have an issue ordering from him again?
But yeah I think buying any custom work could be considered a gamble too tho

Well going by my personal experience with past orders from him he’s always fulfilled them & Iv had great communication from him so I’m more than happy to order from him. Like you said he fulfilled his request for you too, so I don’t see why you would have an issue ordering from him again?
But yeah I think buying any custom work could be considered a gamble too tho
it's not about an issue that i have ordering from him, its all the other people's experiences that seem to go unheard or not brought up and when it does, he acts like a victim. there's a reason he was chased away from reddit and possibly one here too where he left CF. time and time again you hear about issues about oaty. a got a buddy who's item came damaged because it was a sculpture "mistakenly" sent from his scrap yard and my buddy sent a bunch of emails for months (bless his soul, he's incredibly patient), but nothing back from the artist. or how another friend had missing items in his package and oaty didn't bother to try to get him fixed up ASAP. those experiences alone and others having mixed experiences with him are more than enough of a reason for me to not buy from him. its come to a point that my own personal experience doesn't matter if im not listening to others around me, friends, fellow collectors.

you and I may have a good experience, but what about the others that get shafted and aren't being taken care of?
same can be said about artists turning blind eyes and just sharing the work of the artist while normal collectors are going around like headless chickens, wondering when they'll get a response from the guy or when an item might ship when it's been over a year for a single damn cape. that type of stuff does not fly by me.

there's other artists out there that are more deserving of the time and money. I've come to a point that it doesn't matter about a person's quality if their work ethic and customer service are piss poor and awfully common in this community. if he feels so pressured in taking orders, he should be transparent about it and work in batches instead of letting it balloon but i guess the cash flow was too good.

I love Oaty. He's always done right by me. Not dismissing anyone else's experiences. But I'm not going to silence my positive experiences either. Just received an order a few weeks ago when I damaged a part myself and needed a bit of help.

Was able to paint and install his newest DX19 Shoulder pads recently too and I really like the new size/shape and how they minimize gaps. Also pictured is his custom sculpt and neck piece. Man, InArt may get closer than Hot Toys. But this figure is pretty bang on in my eyes. I just don't see how IA could top that sculpt and realistic custom eyes.

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

I love Oaty. He's always done right by me. Not dismissing anyone else's experiences. But I'm not going to silence my positive experiences either. Just received an order a few weeks ago when I damaged a part myself and needed a bit of help.

Was able to paint and install his newest DX19 Shoulder pads recently too and I really like the new size/shape and how they minimize gaps. Also pictured is his custom sculpt and neck piece. Man, InArt may get closer than Hot Toys. But this figure is pretty bang on in my eyes. I just don't see how IA could top that sculpt and realistic custom eyes.

View attachment 680833

View attachment 680836
How did you install the shoulder pads? I have his previous version and didn't see a tutorial anywhere on how to install them from him. Trying to figure out how to get them to sit so flush with against the arms.

I have unfortunately. I’ve reached out 4 separate times over the last 5 months. Luckily it’s only like $35 and not over $100. I was planning to order a head sculpt if all went well but decided to go with Jaxon instead. A bit of a bummer but I’m not worked up over it.

How did you install the shoulder pads? I have his previous version and didn't see a tutorial anywhere on how to install them from him. Trying to figure out how to get them to sit so flush with against the arms.
Okay so after some trial and error, the best approach for me has been to replace the two elastic pieces inside the torso armor with one single piece of 1/4 inch elastic, essentially connecting what was once two pieces of elastic. This joins the elastic to both sides of the torso armor. Then I attach the shoulder pad to this. Let me get a pic.

You can see the single piece of elastic that now joins the front chest plate to the back plate, instead of two small separate pieces, then I superglue the shoulder piece to the center of the elastic strip. There's enough play in the elastic to move the shoulder pad around a bit once on the figure. The green arrows point to where the glue is applied. The carbon fiber collar piece is not attached to the new shoulder armor, so it can be futzed up and down as desired.

My approach requires me to take my time and consider each step, so I finish with a clean and polished looking install. I don't want a bunch of ragged edges and sloppy hot glue under there. I know no one else will see the inside of the suit, but I'll know it's there and it matters to me that it's done cleanly.

IMG_2797.JPG

Then I take the same elastic material and glue a strip to the inside of the bicep plate and use that to attach it to the suit. I use about an inch long strip and glue it towards the top of the shoulder, leaving some slack so the piece can be futzed when posed into a perfect position. This plate moves with the arm now and slides under the shoulder plate when necessary.

IMG_2800.JPG

Once assembled, the pieces are all held on securely and have a bit of play so they can be futzed into the right position given the pose.

IMG_2802.JPG

image0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back