Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Blake and Ra's preorders are in at Big Bad Toy Store. Looking forward to finishing my bat-signal and having a complete Batman Movie Masters collection.

I'm so glad I got my movie masters bat-pod for a really good deal. I say this cuz if u go on eBay right now, the price on it is soaring through the roof!!! Some of the bids are as high as HT Bat-Pod's retail price.:horror Maybe it's because The Bat-Pod played a really big role in the film and MM Selina Kyle looks good with it. :wink1::lecture

I'm so glad I got my movie masters bat-pod for a really good deal. I say this cuz if u go on eBay right now, the price on it is soaring through the roof!!! Some of the bids are as high as HT Bat-Pod's retail price.:horror Maybe it's because The Bat-Pod played a really big role in the film and MM Selina Kyle looks good with it. :wink1::lecture

I got mine for retail. Target. I think it was $25 or so. Heh.

SnakeDoc

I got the best older brother in the whole entire world. I asked him to check his local walmart that is literrally a 2 min drive by his crib to see if they got John Blake and Googles down Catwoman. Bad news is that CW he saw was googles up and I already own 2 versions of that. But then, my brother digged through all the figures(nothing but Batman of course) and the last figure he reached to grab was no other than John Blake!!!!!!!!!! And I was on cloud 9 once he got it for me. Now my bat-signal is finally complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDKR006.jpg

And here's a group shot of everyone from the TDKR line.

TDKR008.jpg

And the completed bat-signal I'm so amazed by

TDKR009.jpg

TDKR011.jpg

:dance:yess::D

Got lucky too, i went to walmart this morning and found blake and the goggle down catwoman. i just need ra's and im done too.

I still need Blake...none of the stores in Cali have received Wave 2 yet.

Or maybe it's just LA and the OC counties....and according to Gipetto, Dallas.

So for us guys that have not been following this line. Are the Ras, Blake and Goggled Catwoman store exclusives?

Nope, just really hard to find for right now.

Blake and Ras are the victims of scalpers, while the Catwoman figure with goggles down is a chase variant.

I just sold the Bat-Signal piece that came with my Bane figure on Ebay. So now that figure cost me a grand total of $3.85.

Yeah, I'm saying that's a deal.

Have not been following this line at all, since I mostly buy HT and EB version of the batman line. But is this line worth collecting at all? How's the details of the figure and vehicles etc?

Have not been following this line at all, since I mostly buy HT and EB version of the batman line. But is this line worth collecting at all? How's the details of the figure and vehicles etc?

Its worth collecting in the sense that its here now and is a complete line of characters that you wont get for this cheap with EB or HT .

the details are not even close to HT or EB but for this size they are as good as it gets for mass products.
for the vehicles, well theres only the batpod in this size that was released years ago and is now sold on ebay in some occasions for the same price as the re released batpod from hot toys... (crazy i know)

the figures can be hard to find and collect due to mattels sparse releases and weird waves , for example we get about 2-3 batman per waves while the some figures will only 1 per box waves , making this line hard to complete for some that dont want to pay ebays ridiculous prices.

Yeah, I saw that the bank robber joker is fetching insane amount of money. :lol

And the bat pod too.

Oh well, better save the money for HT then. Thanks for the info :rock

Some pics of my custom Bruce Wayne. I bought a Movie Masters Walter Peck from Ghostbusters, popped the head off, dremeled off the ball joint, and inserted a nail that I cut in half to the neck. Next, I took a Bruce Wayne head from the Movie Masters Prototype Suit Batman, and popped the head of the nail in the hole. Now it has way more articulation than an average Movie Masters figure, being able to look up at the ceiling. I then applied the drybrush paint technique that my friend taught me yesterday and painted the hair brown, I might add more coloring later.

20120803_202110.jpg

20120803_202125.jpg

20120803_202152.jpg

20120803_203005.jpg

Is that Bane with the vest and no jacket an exclusive? I've been looking everywhere for that one but I've only found the TRU 2-pack Bane and the regular one with jacket.

No, it's customized. There are only two Bane figures out there,

- Regular Movie Masters Bane (vest and coat)
- TRU 2-Pack Bane (shirtless)

The above poster just customized theirs by breaking the torso and swapping out arms.

No, it's customized. There are only two Bane figures out there,

- Regular Movie Masters Bane (vest and coat)
- TRU 2-Pack Bane (shirtless)

The above poster just customized theirs by breaking the torso and swapping out arms.

I see. Thanks for that bit of info. I wonder if Mattel will release a coatless version of Bane with the vest.

Back