Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20120803_202110.jpg

Looks badass, Ed! :rock

Really digging your custom

wow i got lucky on ebay, i got both a loose blake and batman figure that came out at 18 each, that's less then if i went to the closest walmart and got them, since they run at 20 before taxes down here, no built a signal pieces but i all ready own both figs, so now i can do a batman blake and use the blake body for piece or to make a custom cop for my display

Blake came in today. My signal is finally complete!

Now all I need in my Movie Masters collection is Batman Begins Batman, Walmart Gordon, Fear Toxin Batman, an extra R'as and Blake, and Joker as Bozo.

Here are some pics I took:

20120809_202758.jpg

20120809_203831.jpg

20120809_203037.jpg

Last edited:
I'm super annoyed with this line. None of my nearby stores ever got anything other than a couple cases of series one (Batman, Bane, Alfred.) I did see my first Catwoman at a hobby shop today, but she was marked up to $25 and her package was crushed, torn apart, and taped back together. No thanks.

This was the same problem with the Movie Masters Dark Knight line. It took the better part of 4-6 months after release to finally start seeing the harder to find figures on shelves. And I never saw either of the chases on pegs. It's part of the reason I ended up selling all my Movie Masters stuff in favor of the Hot Toys figs.

Blake came in today. My signal is finally complete!

Now all I need in my Movie Masters collection is Batman Begins Batman, Walmart Gordon, Fear Toxin Batman, an extra R'as and Blake, and Joker as Bozo.

Here are some pics I took:

20120809_202758.jpg

20120809_203831.jpg

20120809_203037.jpg

Good luck in trying to get the bank robber joker. Last time I check on ebay(few days ago) it was goin for around $100-150ish.

If anyone is looking for Blake and Catwoman, check your local Fry's Electronic store. That's where I found my GD Catwoman and 2nd Blake last night.:yess::panic::wave

Did Mattel ever release a Tumbler that was to scale with the Movie Masters figures?

No, no Movie Masters Batmobile for the 6" Movie Masters figures.

However, there is the 2005 Batmobile from the Batman Begins line for 5" figures that works well with these Movie Masters figures. Sure, Batman may not fit inside the vehicle but if you're looking to stand the figures next to it, it works well.

Thanks man, means a lot. :1-1:

I caved and got a Blake off of ebay for an inflated price. I couldn't wait anymore :gah:

I'm still holding out hoping that I may end up finding them in store. my hope is fading however :( I just can't bring myself to spend $30+ on not only 1 but 3 (Catwoman, Blake and Ras) 6" figures, no while I got loads of stuff coming

I'm still holding out hoping that I may end up finding them in store. my hope is fading however :( I just can't bring myself to spend $30+ on not only 1 but 3 (Catwoman, Blake and Ras) 6" figures, no while I got loads of stuff coming

I remember the Movie Masters Joker and the clown henchman were nearly impossible to find when TDK first hit theaters but once the hype died down eventually the stores in my area got tons of them in. Hell I remember MM Jokers pegwarming my local TRU shelves for nearly a year. I'm also currently on the lookout for the MM Catwoman with no luck but I will not pay $30 for her.

I remember the Movie Masters Joker and the clown henchman were nearly impossible to find when TDK first hit theaters but once the hype died down eventually the stores in my area got tons of them in. Hell I remember MM Jokers pegwarming my local TRU shelves for nearly a year. I'm also currently on the lookout for the MM Catwoman with no luck but I will not pay $30 for her.

yep that's the same reason I'm holding out on the last 3 I need. I feel like eventually when I'm not actually looking for them, that's when I'll stumble on them and find em

Did Mattel ever release a Tumbler that was to scale with the Movie Masters figures?

I used the Stealth Launch Batmobile from The Dark Knight.

stealthlaunchbatmobile.jpg

It was almost the right size, just a little bit small. You couldn't put a figure in it, but here's a pic I took with the Movie Masters Batman. Not the greatest example, but hopefully it will give you an idea.

On Duty by Boogeyman13, on Flickr

yep that's the same reason I'm holding out on the last 3 I need. I feel like eventually when I'm not actually looking for them, that's when I'll stumble on them and find em

Have u checked Fry's Electronics store, bro?? That's where I found my googles down CW and Blake. No scalper or collector would ever think they have them there but they do. I told others from other forums about Fry's and some were lucky to get Blake cuz of me. Hope this helps. :wave

Have u checked Fry's Electronics store, bro?? That's where I found my googles down CW and Blake. No scalper or collector would ever think they have them there but they do. I told others from other forums about Fry's and some were lucky to get Blake cuz of me. Hope this helps. :wave

yep checked them a week or 2 ago. All they had was Bane :( Thanks though :)

Back