Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the 5'' Bats and Bane with Tumbler at Walmart. They are for sure smaller than the MM line :(

I saw the 5'' Bats and Bane with Tumbler at Walmart. They are for sure smaller than the MM line :(

Texlander said he has seen the Combat Assualt Tumbler and what he saw wasn't that. He said he would be getting us some pics.

Well, I went back and it was at Walmart where I saw it, and it was the Combat Assault Tumbler that I saw. I guess I didn't look closely the first time, because the tumbler is indeed a purplish color. I have almost the exact same tumbler just in black from Begins, so I guess that's why I thought it was black here too at first glance. Not sure why it's purple, strange.

Anyway, the Batman and Bane that come with it are about 1 inch smaller than the MM line. The MM's are really only about 6", and these look about 5", so the difference is negligible to me, but noticeable if side by side. I still think the Bane could be worked into an alternate match for the MM style, just a bit shorter. Detail isn't bad to me. Just need to repaint the vest.

I took pics with my crappy phone, but can't seem to email them. But here's a link to the Walmart page that shows them. I think they look a helluva lot better in person than here, but it gives you the idea.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ultimate-Batman-Action-Figure-Value-Bundle/22563422

I would just go with the Movie Masters Bale head. The likeness is off enough that it could pass for comic Bruce. Even the way they sculpted and painted the hair helps.

I don't think it looks like Bruce in any way, shape or form. It's an awkward looking and squinty-eyed. I repainted mine to have brown hair and now he looks like one of the asians that I went to high school with that colored their hair.

Movie Masters 100% complete Batsignal

Hi folks. I just purchased 2 of these on ebay from the same person who has VERY good feedback. I also got them both for less than the lowest completed auction :hi5:. I just wanted to hear your opinions on whether I should or should not send these to AFA. Please keep in mind that I am not rich. Quite the opposite. I have many health problems and I started purchasing high-end figures when I can afford them that are either already AFA graded or suitable to be graded. So while I do enjoy having them VERY much, I'm also viewing them as an investment for my wife if the worst ever does happen. Ty in advance for all of your opinions and I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!! :duff

Re: Movie Masters 100% complete Batsignal

Waste of money IMHO. I doubt these jump up in price to be worth paying for the grading.

Open it up, turn it on and have sexy time with the woman in the bat light.

Maybe this would be better served in the DC section and not the board regarding forum functions? :huh

Haha...your money, do whatever you want...gold plate or go home...

I've got a great camera, a lot of 1/12th furniture and set pieces, and a large movie masters Batman collection. Thinking of making some shorts and putting them on YouTube.

saw this pretty nice set at TRU today for $44.99. couldn't find any official pics but found these on eBay.

$%28KGrHqF,!hsFED79sTcJBRH!0WuHUQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJEIFENdbe2zoBRH!zkOBbQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Why are there brown highlights on the TDKR suit? This set is cool if you missed these figures individually, but an EZ Pass for those that already have all of these variations. The empty cowl with the unmasked Batman is neat, but not cool enough to warrant buying this whole set. If I ever want an empty cowl on this scale, I'll just dremel the head out of one of my spares.

if you're talking about where the kevlar plates are, it's not brown, it's a metallic silver. I don't remember seeing any brown in the TDKR version in hand

Back