DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, the prototype unless it is Hot Toys, Blitzway or QMX Trek
in general has been a let down from head to clothing

Waiting for that youtube review. If I miss out, I miss out. Only company I pre-order from is Hot Toys. Been in this hobby for 15 odd years and everybody but Hot Toys disappoints. I learned it the hard way. I have high hopes from Damtoys though. Really looking forward to the reviews.

Waiting for that youtube review. If I miss out, I miss out. Only company I pre-order from is Hot Toys. Been in this hobby for 15 odd years and everybody but Hot Toys disappoints. I learned it the hard way. I have high hopes from Damtoys though. Really looking forward to the reviews.

Hot Toys once were great but not anymore, they've become a careless cash cow for Disney and all things stupid. Blitzway haven't disappointed and alot of 3rd Party companies are killing it! :lecture

I'd rather give my money to a company trying to acquire new licenses than support one that is milking the same stuff over and over. Even Hot toys disappoints:dunno

I wish they'd go back to producing killer stuff there's so much out there.

What are the chances Hot Toys releases this figure a second time? Do most 1/6 companies make backdrops for their figures by the norm or only certain companies?

He does look a somewhat pissed in the first picture, but I am now a bit excited about this figure again since finding out about it.
One thing that's bugging me is what's with the sleeve buttons being so far apart on jackets sometimes?

I must agree that Hot Toys aren’t the same company as before. From soft sculpts to mediocre packaging they’ve been cutting corners for some time now. While I do think they remain at #1, the once large gap in terms of being at the top they had enjoyed has greatly lessened in recent years.

I'm confused, the release date in Sideshow say 2022. But the date in Bigbadtoystore say 2021, which is right?

I'm confused, the release date in Sideshow say 2022. But the date in Bigbadtoystore say 2021, which is right?

Probably neither one, since it will inevitably be delayed.

Presumably BBTS will get their stock from Sideshow. So, Sideshow must've updated their estimated arrival date, and BBTS hasn't gotten around to it yet. Originally the date for the Formal version was Q3 2021.

But I'd wager none of the dates are correct, as they've slated the Formal version will be available Q1 2022, and the Golden Years version in Q1 2021. One of those dates is wrong, we don't know which one though.

Probably neither one, since it will inevitably be delayed.

Presumably BBTS will get their stock from Sideshow. So, Sideshow must've updated their estimated arrival date, and BBTS hasn't gotten around to it yet. Originally the date for the Formal version was Q3 2021.

But I'd wager none of the dates are correct, as they've slated the Formal version will be available Q1 2022, and the Golden Years version in Q1 2021. One of those dates is wrong, we don't know which one though.

So noone knows, I pre-ordered the figure weeks ago. I hope the final product will be good

20210113_074438.jpg
20210113_074620.jpg

I'm assuming at this stage these are proto picts? However paint on hair line looks like production. Both ways looks good. Im leaning towards the Golden Year which will be my first 1/6 figure since DOOKU in 2019

Looks like the eyes are a bit more closed, which was something that bugged me on the original sculpt. Really nice to see them making upgrades at this stage.

I'm assuming at this stage these are proto picts? However paint on hair line looks like production. Both ways looks good. Im leaning towards the Golden Year which will be my first 1/6 figure since DOOKU in 2019

Think the fact that version now has 3 sculpts + a ton of extras is bang for the buck. I've gone for both and am looking forward too it based on the figures they've done so far. ��

Yeah this is making me want one now more lol, I do really like the Golden Years version a lot and a lot of bang for your buck.

Think the fact that version now has 3 sculpts + a ton of extras is bang for the buck. I've gone for both and am looking forward too it based on the figures they've done so far. ��

Which version has three sculpts? Or are you talking the two versions combined have three sculpts?

Back