DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn?t this ? only for preorder? thing seem like a sales con to anyone else? I mean Dam doesn?t fulfill their direct orders to anyone other than third party retailers. And their preorder IS the order. Otherwise how would the customer know which one of these orders now is a preorder vs buying one from them when the item is in stock?

It?s not like big chief or sideshow when they can control their own stock on their own site and therefore have separate versions.

It would cost them more money to make separate versions than to include the spare head.

In any ways it?s not a complaint but it?s calling a spade a spade on a semantic level. I can see they saw some feedback and tried to improve the head some...the new head is marginally better but still a lot worse than the hot toys one.

Silly to call it a 'con', but that's patented hyperbole from the illustrious Mr. F.

DAM never said "pre-order only", they said

As a token of our appreciation, we have decided to offer a free extra super-realistic head sculpt to all players who pre-ordered DMS032 and DMS033

They're saying if you've already placed an order, you get this free head, to make it clear you don't need to place another order, as opposed to something like the LIM Arthur Morgan where they offered an additional head, but you had to order it separately from the figure.

But yes, if you place an order after it arrives at a retailer, I'd imagine it will include the new head. If you're unsure, verify with your retailer before you order.

Silly to call it a 'con', but that's patented hyperbole from the illustrious Mr. F.

DAM never said "pre-order only", they said

They're saying if you've already placed an order, you get this free head, to make it clear you don't need to place another order, as opposed to something like the LIM Arthur Morgan where they offered an additional head, but you had to order it separately from the figure.

To me this sounds as a bonus for those that pre-ordered before this announcement. But probably it is better to ask them in Facebook what exactly this means.

Questions

Do you have to get both sets during preorder ?
Has preorder ended?

Is the bonus head the same head as the other
2 heads with each set? Where is everyone getting their
Sets?

This extra head stuff is a little confusing. To make sure I understand correctly, each figure includes two head sculpts, which are both the same? So figure iconic suit has two of the same sculpts and the figure in the casual outfit has a different sculpt, but two of the same are included?

This extra head stuff is a little confusing. To make sure I understand correctly, each figure includes two head sculpts, which are both the same? So figure iconic suit has two of the same sculpts and the figure in the casual outfit has a different sculpt, but two of the same are included?

They are different. There's the open eyed sculpt which both releases shared, the closed eye sculpt for the Golden Years version, and then this third also open eyed sculpt that is subtly different from the first. 3 total sculpts.

In short

TUX has 1 head + pre order bonus free one.
Coat one has 2 sculpts + pre order bonus.

You don't need both to register for the free head only 1. So if you buy both sets you get 2 free heads.

Just ordered the golden version from Timewalker toys.

Can someone please convince me I need the Formal version
and this TUX version will exceed or blow away the
Yunsil version?:)

Regarding the heads, I’m sure EBAY sadly will be flooded
with These heads

Regarding the heads, I’m sure EBAY sadly will be flooded
with These heads

Dam toys are solid. go for both. sell 1 for profit later if you don't like it. price will definitely go up.

Regarding the heads, I?m sure EBAY sadly will be flooded
with These heads

He golden one is a good buy hopefully the suit will look as nice in the final production as it does in the prototype but most mass produced 1/6 companies, including hot toys seem to struggle with suits. The prototype of the big chief bond suits vs the production is a good example of how you will never know until something is in hand which is why there’s no chance I’m ordering this until I see production pictures, I’ve no need for the formal one as it will never beat my custom one , but the Golden one is something different and I appreciate it.

I?m sure the formal version has a chance, as I mentioned above not a guarantee but a good chance to be better than the decade old hot toys one which will hopefully provide an nice upgrade to those with more modest budgets looking to upgrade. Better than a hand made item from the best tailor in this scale in the world? It’s safe to say that?s a 1000% chance it will never happen.

The Hot Toys head is still a modern marvel. With the right paint job it's pretty much untouchable and nothing that's come before or after has topped it.

It's not cheap but if this new Dam toys version comes out to be a bust, I recommend die hards that missed out try and pick it up on the after market and make your own upgrades .

I finally put an order in for this. I considered also getting the golden years version as well but it's just too "grandpa going out for the groceries" for my tastes from a collecting standpoint. But I can see how some might find the costume more interesting and it's certainly a better overall value. I do feel the chair that come with the formal version is way more visually appealing.

I got my Leon Kennedy in a few days ago, and it bodes very well for Vito.

It's pretty much a perfect match from the promotional photos. Though the caveat being, I think DAM photographed a production sample for the photography, because you can see the softening of the hair detail in the promo photos.

The only difference I could spot was that the weathering on the accessories and gloved hands was not as detailed as it was in the promo photos.

But either way, I'm expecting to get exactly what I see in the Vito photos.

Back