DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, suit and accessories look good. I might go 3rd party on the head. All depends on the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah agree in that something is just a bit off with the sculpt. I can only imagine that Brando's likeness rights add to the cost of this one a bit.

I called it back when DAM Toys was announced as having the license. Never been sadder to be right in my prediction that they would not be able to match the 11 year old head sculpt from Hot Toys. The path was already paved for them??? Very unfortunate.

Never been sadder to be right in my prediction that they would not be able to match the 11 year old head sculpt from Hot Toys. The path was already paved for them??? Very unfortunate.

You and me both. Not too sure why they couldnt pull off the sculpt seeing as how they can nail likenesses on all of their other figures...disappointed.

Is this going to be another case where we finally see some good quality photos and say, this looks much better in hand?

I'll admit, I'm not an expert on Brando or Godfather so when I first saw this it looked exactly like the HT one long ago. Thought it was a KO at first.

There's a lot of nostalgia and rose-colored glasses in the thread. HT's Vito is a legendary figure, so people have an affinity for it, but it's old and in need of an update with modern sculpting and paintwork.

It's not 'better' than this sculpt, just different. It's like all the different versions of Indiana Jones. It's going to be pretty hard to argue that any one is better than the other ... though the Jnix is pretty bad. ;)

The other thing is, I think people are remembering what Vito looks like through the HT sculpt, and not what Marlon Brando as Vito actually looked like. I think the HT sculpt was a bit long and narrow, and Brando had a round head, something the Enterbay (and the DAM) captured, but that sculpt had its own issues.

The thing that worries me is the $300 price tag ... that's just not right. Looks like I can get it down to around $250 by shopping around, but it's still $300 after shipping.

I really don’t find the Brando sculpt on this to be that bad. Then again though I’m not huge on The Godfather either. I do like it, but it’s never been a personal favorite film or anything. Not sure if I’ll bother getting it either way. If the price isn’t too crazy I may consider it, but it’s not essential.

Cons
1- Generally feel if they fixed the lip curl it might improve it.
2 - Skin texture on cheeks is a bit overdone but might be for casting detail.
3- Price tag would be better if we didn't have the table and the pointless extra's
4 - Possible photography or paint not sure which is adding to the likeness being off
5 -Price is debatable

Pro's
1- The likeness is there
2 - Tailoring is perfect as will be final ( speaking from pieces I've seen in hand)
3- Chair and base are mega nice touches.
4 - Sculpt has the right shape

Doesn't help that they've used a filter/grain for the promo pics..... in the 1st picture it looks awful in others good.
Something is off though agreed but here's some comparison.

16BCB141-F823-4492-9BEA-D77FCF79E7E0.jpeg
45015697_2181954931839487_8190919958264283136_o.jpg
3832564916_d8d0a18876.jpg
the-godfather.jpg

Last edited:
Might pick this up.

Bought the inferior Present Toys version as a placeholder.

Back