1/6 SooSooToys - SST053 - High Priest of Pop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did buy a 3v LED wiring kit to try to wire up the stage lights. This figure has awesome shelf presence. I think it would look really cool if the lights lit up.

View attachment 680494
I wanna mod the stand alsođź’Ż...any good leads on what i should get (i see you say 3v kit)or a how to vid?....this will be my 1st attempt at it...also can you take some more pics/angles of your figđź’Ż

I wanna mod the stand alsođź’Ż...any good leads on what i should get (i see you say 3v kit)or a how to vid?....this will be my 1st attempt at it...also can you take some more pics/angles of your figđź’Ż
I bought the LED kit from: Buy Battery Powered & Small LED Lights | Evan Designs

I bought the 3v button battery set as it’s more low profile and easy to hide under the stage. Lots of tutorials to be had on the site as well.

For scale I put him next to Marty Mcfly/MJF as I feel they both should be at around the same height:

IMG_1631.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the LED kit from: Buy Battery Powered & Small LED Lights | Evan Designs

I bought the 3v button battery set as it’s more low profile and easy to hide under the stage. Lots of tutorials to be had on the site as well.

For scale I put him next to Marty Mcfly/MJF as I feel they’re both at around the same height:

View attachment 680613
Thank you! I was thinking about doing the same, so I will be following that link and start learning how to wire this up!

After looking at these close-ups, it's apparent now that the only nitpick I have with the portrait is that the eye makeup is a little too heavy. I just wonder if it could be taken down a couple notches with some mineral spirits or paint remover without ruining the skin texture underneath.

Got mine in today awesome figure! Only 2 small not picks!

1 the guitar pick hand has a seam + glued shut.
2 - the guitar strap isn't adjustable which means the guitar sits high.
3 - Soosoo/ win need to package hands in proper packaging as the hands have paint scuffs.

Likeness though is bang on!
View attachment 680931View attachment 680933

After looking at these close-ups, it's apparent now that the only nitpick I have with the portrait is that the eye makeup is a little too heavy. I just wonder if it could be taken down a couple notches with some mineral spirits or paint remover without ruining the skin texture underneath.
Could you please elaborate about paint remover and mineral spirits?

Any tips on how to do it and is it safe to do without damaging the sculpt?

I stored one of my Harry Potter figures improperly and the black robe made contact with the headsculpt - over time, the black dye from the robe must of permanently stained the sculpt along the nose, chin and cheek.

Do you have a link to the exact kit you purchased? I got the figure, noticed the holes in the lights and thought, yes, led lights would be great. I've never used them before however.

No, you do not want Axe Heaven. Nice guitars, but not in scale. Closer to 1/5.
SD Toys made a Fender Collection series. Only made it to series 1.
They have a butterscotch Tele that should work. It's also still relatively priced.
You can mod the head stock with Hohner.
View attachment 679816
I looked at this one as well, but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere. Ebay is going for at least $85.00 A bit much for this imho.

that guitar looks familiar seems like the same one that came with Medicom Yutaka Ozaki figure. not a guitar guy but check it out.
I found this guy on Instagram, makes incredible 1/6 scale guitars. Says he can do the Prince version, but they are made to order, so looking at $90+ Pricey but but the workmanship is amazing. Thinking about it.

Attachments

• Telecaster.jpg
    Telecaster.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 0
Could you please elaborate about paint remover and mineral spirits?

Any tips on how to do it and is it safe to do without damaging the sculpt?

I stored one of my Harry Potter figures improperly and the black robe made contact with the headsculpt - over time, the black dye from the robe must of permanently stained the sculpt along the nose, chin and cheek.
You can sometimes remove paint by applying mineral spirits with a small paint brush or cotton swab, but results can widely vary and I recommend only doing this with absolute caution! I’ve ruined plenty of figures by overdoing it, especially if you use acetone instead.

But it sounds like you’ve got stains from fabric dye to remove. I recall reading on this very forum that using benzoyl peroxide was rather effective on the neck stains left by the collar on the old QMx Picard figure. Go check that out.

Prince was 5’ 3”, so even with those heels, this figure should only stand 11” at the most to be accurate.
Yup, he should be slightly taller than Marty/MJF who was 5’4”. According to google Prince was 5’2”, and he was known to wear 3-4” heel boots.

You can sometimes remove paint by applying mineral spirits with a small paint brush or cotton swab, but results can widely vary and I recommend only doing this with absolute caution! I’ve ruined plenty of figures by overdoing it, especially if you use acetone instead.

But it sounds like you’ve got stains from fabric dye to remove. I recall reading on this very forum that using benzoyl peroxide was rather effective on the neck stains left by the collar on the old QMx Picard figure. Go check that out.

Thank you for the tips, I wiil try.

I had to look up what benzoyl peroxide was - basically acne cream.

Will have to buy a tube, have not seen a bottle of that since my teenage years. :lol

Read about issues with the hands attached to this figure, so I checked mine, which I've only had for 2 days. There are certainly issues with the attached hands, while the extra 4 seem perfect. Maybe damage in the packaging, as the hands were NOT covered in plastic while shipped., unlike the head sculpt.

Attachments

• Prince-Hands (3).jpg
    Prince-Hands (3).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Prince-Hands (4).jpg
    Prince-Hands (4).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Prince-Hands (5).jpg
    Prince-Hands (5).jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 0
Mine has slightly rubbed off paint on the right hand but not the left, kinda odd. This seems to be common as I watched a figure review that had the same issue.

Back