DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically enough, Timewalker has it at the best price. BBTS charges tax, making it the most expensive, even after their $4 flat rate shipping. Ordering from overseas makes the cost of shipping cost-prohibitive.

Why does it says "Formal Version" with the figure description? Maybe another premium version is coming too? I am holding back from pre order and very confused really. Damtoys never reply to email enquiries or Instagram messages. Maybe by formal version they mean its a 1/6 scale but I am confused to as why they particularly wrote "formal version" with 1/6 scale. Anyone of you please advise. Thanks.

Why does it says "Formal Version" with the figure description? Maybe another premium version is coming too? I am holding back from pre order and very confused really. Damtoys never reply to email enquiries or Instagram messages. Maybe by formal version they mean its a 1/6 scale but I am confused to as why they particularly wrote "formal version" with 1/6 scale. Anyone of you please advise. Thanks.

It's their way of specifying which figure it is. It leaves them room to create more figures in the future, so retailers don't have identical listings for unique Vito figures.

It's possible that they may do a "Casual Version" in the future, that would be called 1/6th (Vito Corleone Casual Version) Collectible Figure

CasualSuits.jpg

It's their way of specifying which figure it is. It leaves them room to create more figures in the future, so retailers don't have identical listings for unique Vito figures.

It's possible that they may do a "Casual Version" in the future, that would be called 1/6th (Vito Corleone Casual Version) Collectible Figure

View attachment 499909

I see. Thanks a lot so right now maybe no need to worry for another premium version release anytime soon right? This is the only 1/6 figure of Vito Corleone they are offering for now maybe?

I see. Thanks a lot so right now maybe no need to worry for another premium version release anytime soon right? This is the only 1/6 figure of Vito Corleone they are offering for now maybe?

No, they won't release a premium version of this, if you're defining 'premium' as this same figure plus bonus accessories.

No, they won't release a premium version of this, if you're defining 'premium' as this same figure plus bonus accessories.

Yes by premium I meant the same figure with more accessories. Thanks a lot for clearing this up for me. I ll pre order this now. Decided to import it from Hong Kong or Malaysia since it is still cheaper there with shipping charges.

What are the odds that the end product looks better than the prototype? I didn't get the hot toys Godfather because I am new to the hobby and getting it now is impossible for me so this figure is the only option I have.

I was joyous over the moon when heard the news about damtoys making it. The real life bust looks amazing. The 1/3 statue is awesome as well but what happened with this 1/6 statue really? How they approved this headsculpt to be honest. I mean 90 percent of the collectors collect 1/6 figures only so it should look as good as the 1/4 so I am disappointed really but will get it anyways.

Maybe the actual product surprise us in a good way?

I took the gamble and ordered from Sideshow. Maybe they will tweak the sculpt a little bit if they hear the feedback, or else I could go the custom route.

The accessories and tailoring are great.

Found this for 260 dollars at kghobby:

https://www.kghobby.com/damtoys-dms032-the-godfather-vito-corleone-1-6-figure/

And approx 240 at Toypanic Malaysian site.

https://www.toypanic.com/toy.aspx?p=71285

I pre ordered from Toypanic because its the cheapest option available. They are not doing international shippings at the moment so I used my freight forwarding address. I expect shipping to be like maximum 40 dollars so still a good price 280 dollars shipped to me in middle east. But I am sure soon they ll be shipping internationally again since this figure gonna come out in probably December of 2021. You guys can email them and ask them. After my very deep research this is the cheapest price for this figure.

Pricing is all over for this, $250 here, $280 at Timewalker, $295 at BBTS and $320 at the import sites.

I noticed that too. It was a hard pass for me at $295. At $250 though. I might have to think about it.

Maybe we will luck out and they will improve the head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow is notorious for overcharging on shipping. And you won't find out until it's ready to ship, after they've already taken your NRD.

I don't shop there because of their poor business practices. The $5 I would save shopping there doesn't mean much if it meant I was supporting that behavior.

EDIT: And Timewalker came through ... adjusted their price down to $246. It's a win-win for me.

Last edited:
Sideshow is the cheapest? Sideshow?

lol that's what I was thinking.

Sideshow is notorious for overcharging on shipping. And you won't find out until it's ready to ship, after they've already taken your NRD.

I don't shop there because of their poor business practices. The $5 I would save shopping there doesn't mean much if it meant I was supporting that behavior.

EDIT: And Timewalker came through ... adjusted their price down to $246. It's a win-win for me.

Oh nice! Much more tempting.

Cons
1- Generally feel if they fixed the lip curl it might improve it.
2 - Skin texture on cheeks is a bit overdone but might be for casting detail.
3- Price tag would be better if we didn't have the table and the pointless extra's
4 - Possible photography or paint not sure which is adding to the likeness being off
5 -Price is debatable

Pro's
1- The likeness is there
2 - Tailoring is perfect as will be final ( speaking from pieces I've seen in hand)
3- Chair and base are mega nice touches.
4 - Sculpt has the right shape

Doesn't help that they've used a filter/grain for the promo pics..... in the 1st picture it looks awful in others good.
Something is off though agreed but here's some comparison.

View attachment 499863
View attachment 499864
View attachment 499865
View attachment 499866

The lighting softens the Hot Toys sculpt but you can still see that it is a VASTLY superior likeness. What Hot Toys gets right is that Vito typically has a very soft and relaxed expression on his face. His brow is very relaxed. Dam Toys adopts an intense frown and features that are really inconsistent with Brando?s look in the film. I?m watching The Godfather marathon on BBC America right now so it?s fresh in my mind.

Back