Action Figure DAMTOYS Mentor Ezio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea what you're talking about here, I have Edward, Connor and Altair and they're all top notch figures. Very happy with them and they're the closest to Hot Toys quality that I've seen. I heard the Aguilar was pretty good too. Damtoys releases great stuff.

Same here. As far as figures go, I?ve yet to be disappointed. You can have all the ambivalence in the world, but I?d sell off many of my Hot Toys figures before I?d cut loose any of these. DAM Toys and CooModel are both serious competitors with Hot Toys to me. And don?t get me wrong: I still love HT. But I?m all about this line. Fantastic figures.

Same here. As far as figures go, I?ve yet to be disappointed. You can have all the ambivalence in the world, but I?d sell off many of my Hot Toys figures before I?d cut loose any of these.
This I understand. I’d rather let some of my HT DC/Marvel figures go, before selling my AC figures. Even though they aren’t quite up to HT standard. Very good figures, but you know HT would kill these if they were to do another assassin now. Especially in the clothing department.

But I’m definitely happy enough with what DamToys are offering. Shay looks mint in the pics I’ve seen (maybe the best so far?), which gives a little hope to how Mentor Ezio might turn out.

This I understand. I?d rather let some of my HT DC/Marvel figures go, before selling my AC figures. Even though they aren?t quite up to HT standard. Very good figures, but you know HT would kill these if they were to do another assassin now. Especially in the clothing department.

But I?m definitely happy enough with what DamToys are offering. Shay looks mint in the pics I?ve seen (maybe the best so far?), which gives a little hope to how Mentor Ezio might turn out.
I admit I'm chomping at the bit for Shae. <3
I have Alta?r, Edward and Hot toys Ezio. Personally I prefer the DamToys Releases so far with the exception of young ezio. I'll keep and or possibly upgrade him with some of the dam toys stuff when/if he comes out. But bring on Shae! I need to get a Connor at some.point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Where are you guys ordering from?
For any that are released in the US, I go with BBTS or Alter Ego, and Monkey Depot if something goes wrong. For the Asian market figs like Mentor Ezio I went with OSK. I did get Connor through KGH because they refunded my deposit for the 2049 K, so I was stuck there. That being said it was an excellent experience with quick shipping and good boxing.

Giantoy also carries them and I've had good experiences there.

Is it just me or has this figure been scrubbed? DAM removed him from their IG page, and I can't find him at BBTS or MD.

Is it just me or has this figure been scrubbed? DAM removed him from their IG page, and I can't find him at BBTS or MD.
Here’s why .....
FYI this guy is an Asian Territory exclusive like a host of the previous releases. You need to find a retailer you trust to import. OSK has him, just POd. $220 retail, 38 NRD.
There was another asian territory exclusive Assassin figure before? But I forgot which one.

Here?s why .....

There was another asian territory exclusive Assassin figure before? But I forgot which one.
Um if I recall correctly Altair, Aguilar, and Connor have all been Asian territory exclusives. The only US solicited ones have been Edward, Shay and AC2 Ezio.

Why does everyone forget about Bayek. Lol
Because they recall characters from good games lmao?

Only partially serious haha. I think it's more because the Bayek announcement was a flash in the pan event and it seemed to pass pretty quick. I'd argue he's gonna be one of the best in the line, I really like the way they did his mixed media hood.

I'm thinking they're gonna fast track an Eivor. The reception has been pretty good to Valhalla. It'd be good to capitalize on it.

Why does everyone forget about Bayek. Lol

Although Bayek was a great character, I think he's less memorable because he wasn't an Assassin. I always thought Origins should have been centered on Aya/Amunet and not Bayek (which was actually supposed to be the case, as it turns out). She was an Assassin that was established in the lore already, and having the game focus on her would have given her statue in Elio's villa a lot more meaning. Bayek really had no connection to anything Assassin-y until the very end of the game and the DLC.

I liked the story and the setting of Egypt was amazing. Bayek just doesn't stand out to me like the Kenways, Altair, Ezio, and the Frye twins.

Although Bayek was a great character, I think he's less memorable because he wasn't an Assassin. I always thought Origins should have been centered on Aya/Amunet and not Bayek (which was actually supposed to be the case, as it turns out). She was an Assassin that was established in the lore already, and having the game focus on her would have given her statue in Elio's villa a lot more meaning. Bayek really had no connection to anything Assassin-y until the very end of the game and the DLC.

I liked the story and the setting of Egypt was amazing. Bayek just doesn't stand out to me like the Kenways, Altair, Ezio, and the Frye twins.
I disagree he contributed to the order and was important due to how well they told his story as the center focus. Plus Aya is only remembered as an important Assassin due to her killing Caesar and apparentley killing Cleopatra. Where's Bayek kept his kills under the radar. Same situation with Darius he was never an Assassin, he just wanted to stop a tyrant so he came up with the first wrist blade and used it to kill Xerxes. It's only when Aya and Bayek start wearing it that they wear it under the wrist and that becomes the hidden blade. Plus Bayek is the founder of the Assassin Order! He is technically the first Assassin as when he creates the order that is the creation of the levantine Brotherhood.

I disagree he contributed to the order and was important due to how well they told his story as the center focus. Plus Aya is only remembered as an important Assassin due to her killing Caesar and apparentley killing Cleopatra. Where's Bayek kept his kills under the radar. Same situation with Darius he was never an Assassin, he just wanted to stop a tyrant so he came up with the first wrist blade and used it to kill Xerxes. It's only when Aya and Bayek start wearing it that they wear it under the wrist and that becomes the hidden blade. Plus Bayek is the founder of the Assassin Order! He is technically the first Assassin as when he creates the order that is the creation of the levantine Brotherhood.

Bayek is not the sole founder of the Assassin Brotherhood. He co-founded it with Aya. She changed her name to Amunet and founded a Hidden Ones chapter in Rome, where Bayek stayed and formed the Levantine Brotherhood in Egypt. Technically, neither was an Assassin, as we don't know when the order changed from the Hidden Ones to the Assassin Brotherhood. Maybe we'll find out in Valhalla.

Saying Aya is only remembered for killing Caesar and Cleopatra is utter nonsense. If that's the case, Ezio would only be remembered for killing the Borgias. It has nothing to do with Bayek keeping his kills under the radar, Aya (like Ezio, Connor and Darius) killed major figures that influenced world events. Bayek didn't. Darius also wasn't an Assassin/Hidden One, that's correct, but that's because the Order didn't exist yet. He's still immortalized with a statue beneath the Villa Auditore because of his contributions to not only the world, but the Assassins as well.

Darius invented the Hidden Blade, something we know was used all the way to the modern times as Desmond also wielded one. Aya founded the Order and had the higher profile kills, that's why she's remembered and not Bayek. These are the reasons Bayek is not remembered like other Assassins. Bayek is more along the lines of Achilles (Connor's mentor). He founded a chapter of the order but didn't really have major contributions otherwise.

Again, I like Bayek. He was a good man. But Aya was the more important of the two.

Bayek is not the sole founder of the Assassin Brotherhood. He co-founded it with Aya. She changed her name to Amunet and founded a Hidden Ones chapter in Rome, where Bayek stayed and formed the Levantine Brotherhood in Egypt. Technically, neither was an Assassin, as we don't know when the order changed from the Hidden Ones to the Assassin Brotherhood. Maybe we'll find out in Valhalla.

Saying Aya is only remembered for killing Caesar and Cleopatra is utter nonsense. If that's the case, Ezio would only be remembered for killing the Borgias. It has nothing to do with Bayek keeping his kills under the radar, Aya (like Ezio, Connor and Darius) killed major figures that influenced world events. Bayek didn't. Darius also wasn't an Assassin/Hidden One, that's correct, but that's because the Order didn't exist yet. He's still immortalized with a statue beneath the Villa Auditore because of his contributions to not only the world, but the Assassins as well.

Darius invented the Hidden Blade, something we know was used all the way to the modern times as Desmond also wielded one. Aya founded the Order and had the higher profile kills, that's why she's remembered and not Bayek. These are the reasons Bayek is not remembered like other Assassins. Bayek is more along the lines of Achilles (Connor's mentor). He founded a chapter of the order but didn't really have major contributions otherwise.

Again, I like Bayek. He was a good man. But Aya was the more important of the two.
Bayek did kill major figures who were members of the order of ancients, though his reason was more personal then anything it's when he realizes that he has to kill them in order to protect the freedom of people rather then just for his own guilt that changes him. Which he does accept at the end of his last kill. And yes I do believe Ezio is important for stoping the Borgias but also the way he changed the the Brotherhood developing and growing. Bayek not being remembered was because he himself didn't want that attention as the purpose of the hidden ones was supposed to be what it's name implies. Plus I also believe Aya made sure Bayek wasn't glorified as I imagine she wanted his tomb to be untouched and for him to rest in peace. That's the reason why she was also buried close by to him. Also AC Odyssey completely ruined Darius story as apparently the order of ancients were around during his time and Xerxes was a member. Darius also exhibits traits of a levantine Assassin which retcons his affiliation and ruins the canon IMO. Regardless of what the game did story wise, Bayek is the main character even if he did co-found the order with Aya. Plus my original comment wasn't about his popularity but intended as a joke that people forget that Dam toys is making him also.

since they remade the ac2 ezio facesculpt do you think they'll remade this to look similar or no because there's not much complaint on this compared to the ac2 face?

since they remade the ac2 ezio facesculpt do you think they'll remade this to look similar or no because there's not much complaint on this compared to the ac2 face?
I doubt it as this sculpts doesn't look bad compared to AC2 first sculpt. But they might be willing to tweak it before release.

I honestly want a re-sculpt. I mean, this version of Ezio had the good luck of having his face revealed in a cinematic E3 trailer, I was hoping that the figure would be more accurate to that, but it just seems off the mark.

Back