Action Figure DAMTOYS Mentor Ezio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my most wanted figure from AC, but now is not a good time for me. And with it being an Asian Territory exclusive, I'll probably wait until it's in-stock and I get it from ebay or something.

PO it at OSK. Was trying to compare prices between them and Kghobby. Better to get it at OSK as KG usually charges more with conversion rates, and shipping. Even though the price is $220 and their deposit is $46 it might seem as it's less then OSK price. But it will be around the same if not more once shipping is charged and that damn conversion rate.

Ok I know this is just Nitpicking but they should given him his In game sword. View attachment 488107

I agrree. This is a Ottoman Yataghan sword and I've always thought it's got such an simplistically ornate design. It's a perfect look for an AC figure.

This is my most wanted figure from AC, but now is not a good time for me. And with it being an Asian Territory exclusive, I'll probably wait until it's in-stock and I get it from ebay or something.

Onesixthkit has POs open until July 15th with an NRD of only $38. I'd secure this one if you can at all scrounge it up. DAM takes ages to push figures out so you'll have plenty of time to save up.

PO it at OSK. Was trying to compare prices between them and Kghobby. Better to get it at OSK as KG usually charges more with conversion rates, and shipping. Even though the price is $220 and their deposit is $46 it might seem as it's less then OSK price. But it will be around the same if not more once shipping is charged and that damn conversion rate.

After shipping costs the figure will end up being approximately the same cost. OSK just builds that fee into the initial price. This guy's carrying quite the heavy price tag, but with how ornate the armor is, I'm not surprised.

With the heavy price tag, he should?ve come with a crossbow at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a little worried about the printing on the cloth. Seems like something that would be peeling off after some time.

Not for me. OSK:$258US. KG:1910HKD ($246US aprx) or 1858HKD ($239US aprx) if you pay it today with 3% off.

I use both OSK & KG. Both are good. OSK have things KG doesn’t (like those cool The Rock head sculpts), but usually for more expensive items, I go with KG. I guess because they are cheaper for me. $20US off of something is kind of a lot with our poor dollar.
Im a little worried about the printing on the cloth. Seems like something that would be peeling off after some time.
The hood looks so good in the promo pics. I’m also concerned the hood won’t look like that (no matter how much you futz it) when we get it in hand. Like a floaty light fabric or something.

I am also worried that the hood won’t look nearly that good in-hand. I love their AC figures, but the hoods are usually one of their weak points.

Not for me. OSK:$258US. KG:1910HKD ($246US aprx) or 1858HKD ($239US aprx) if you pay it today with 3% off.

I use both OSK & KG. Both are good. OSK have things KG doesn?t (like those cool The Rock head sculpts), but usually for more expensive items, I go with KG. I guess because they are cheaper for me. $20US off of something is kind of a lot with our poor dollar.

The hood looks so good in the promo pics. I?m also concerned the hood won?t look like that (no matter how much you futz it) when we get it in hand. Like a floaty light fabric or something.
Yeah I use both also. But I'll get it through OSK as they will both be around the same price for me anyways. The hood can look that good it's just a matter of working with the wire, I had AC3 Connor and had to work the wire to make it look like the promo. Though the issue with that was the wire was stabbing through the ends of the hood. That mainly had to do with how the hood is, at least this one is shouldn't have that problem, plus Ezio doesn't have a ponytail this time so you will be able to put his hood down with ease.

Onesixthkit has POs open until July 15th with an NRD of only $38. I'd secure this one if you can at all scrounge it up. DAM takes ages to push figures out so you'll have plenty of time to save up.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take it under consideration.

I'm torn, this looks so good, but it looks like it was made by another company. I've seen their other releases and they're very iffy, really stiff flappy clothing and don't look this quality at all.

I'm torn, this looks so good, but it looks like it was made by another company. I've seen their other releases and they're very iffy, really stiff flappy clothing and don't look this quality at all.

No idea what you're talking about here, I have Edward, Connor and Altair and they're all top notch figures. Very happy with them and they're the closest to Hot Toys quality that I've seen. I heard the Aguilar was pretty good too. Damtoys releases great stuff.

No idea what you're talking about here, I have Edward, Connor and Altair and they're all top notch figures. Very happy with them and they're the closest to Hot Toys quality that I've seen. I heard the Aguilar was pretty good too. Damtoys releases great stuff.
I agree all of their Assassin's creed figures have been well made so far. Their Shay is apparently their best work yet, outfit quality wise. I have faith this and the other figures on PO (AC2 Ezio, ACO Bayek) are going to be great quality also.

Yeah I've got all the releases so far I (sans
Shay) and think very highly of them. Aguilar especially would have been lauded as a FOTY in tailoring and accessories had the movie performed better.

Buzzing for this one, been waiting, as its personally my favourite version and design of Ezio. Was tempted to pull the trigger on Aguilar as the suit design is awesome, but glad I waited!

Buzzing for this one, been waiting, as its personally my favourite version and design of Ezio. Was tempted to pull the trigger on Aguilar as the suit design is awesome, but glad I waited!

Same! Just put down my PO. The price is steep, but there?s no figure I want more than this one.

Some good reviews from you guys in that case. I don't know, in-hand video reviews I've seen other than Aguila, who looks amazing, the tailoring looks very frumpy, stiff and ply. And for the same price I would expect die cast weapons - this one looks incredible, I'm just debating within myself.

Some good reviews from you guys in that case. I don't know, in-hand video reviews I've seen other than Aguila, who looks amazing, the tailoring looks very frumpy, stiff and ply. And for the same price I would expect die cast weapons - this one looks incredible, I'm just debating within myself.
One of the things that causes the perception of a poorly tailored figure is that people don't take the time with the hoods. With the right time they'll cast the shadow you're looking for (see the Edward photo) and frame the face the way they should (see the Altair photo). They are all wired and quite literally bend to your will. But you need to take the time and fold/pose them not only to an initial shape, but to the flow of the pose you select. Furthermore leaving primarily white fabrics crushed up from packaging isn't going to lend a good image. You need to pull them taught and shift everything properly. Like most 1/6, futzing is absolutely key here. It's just a lot of the roughness that is overlooked with dark fabrics is on display with the white you see here so it needs a little more TLC. But that doesn't take away that the core tailoring and build for these figs is great.

If I had to pick something they could take time to improve, it'd be weathering. A bit more in that department would go a long way. As it stands the outfits ship pretty clinical.
a94dc4ceece9faef6035b1b79a76be87.jpg
27718043b3ec6b9db081a5a3ee056386.jpg

Back