DAMMIT!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, some people might get angry about that kind of thing. I remember being pretty shocked as a kid when my mom said it.

That said, it's probably a pretty accurate description of how he felt when it happened. :lol

Re: *********!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

Dang, it's saddening to hear that these "poseable" figures are so fragile... Wouldn't be so bad if the cost of HT figs isn't what it is.

Sorry to hear about your breaks, guys. :monkey2

I think only the Alien figures from the "ALIENS" HT line are prone to breaking. I've had my two HT AVP Aliens for almost a year now and they're still solid, even though I change their pose every week or so.

Yes, as I said in the thread I linked to earlier, it seems that the Aliens figures (the figures from Aliens the movie) have some kind of manufacturing defect that makes them extra fragile. Mine broke WAY too easily. I don't have any other HT Alien figures, but from what people say they are OK.

Hi, would you please edit out you blasphemous explective from you title, as everyone, including children, can see that from the start pages. Not to mention is is really offensive. Just don't blaspheme to do it, please :monkey3
I'm not gonna change it, sorry. The system won't let me anyway even if I wanted to.

I use language like that in everyday life and on other boards too. It's not even a word that is picked up by the forum's auto-censor unlike "**** mother****er". Its a word even used in the movie, Aliens, an R rated film which you have to be 18 years old to see here in the UK and Ireland. I do think this is a bit OTT and I'd never ever hear any kind of complaint like this on the other boards I post on and certainly not from fellow Brits. I'm surprised.

If admin wants to censor the offending word I won't question them but I will not apologise for saying it cos of one person who is not even admin. It's only the internet and all sorts of offending things can be found and responsible parents who let their kids surf the internet should be aware of the "dangers" that may pollute fragile young minds. I don't think this is one of those offending things.

I'm not gonna change it, sorry. The system won't let me anyway even if I wanted to.

I use language like that in everyday life and on other boards too. It's not even a word that is picked up by the forum's auto-censor unlike "**** mother****er". Its a word even used in the movie, Aliens, an R rated film which you have to be 18 years old to see here in the UK and Ireland. I do think this is a bit OTT and I'd never ever hear any kind of complaint like this on the other boards I post on and certainly not from fellow Brits. I'm surprised.

If admin wants to censor the offending word I won't question them but I will not apologise for saying it cos of one person - it's only the internet and all sorts of offending things can be found. I don't think this is one of them.

YEAH! You stick up for yourself! :rock

This is the internet, nothing is sacred.

My AVP alien has had no trouble...until last night: the little metal bendy wire inside my AVP alien's finger just broke last night. Still has some bend to it, but I heard a little "pop," and now its like it's finger has been dislocated from the knuckle.

After all the drama surrounding the Aliens alien, I found a nice pose for mine, and have left it alone ever since. Never had issues with looseness except the left shoulder, so I added some super glue to the socket of the joint and moved it around until it dried to thicken up the joint...nice and tight now.

Hi,
I am glad that you found help to get the leg fixed. I know how frustrating that can be. However, would you please edit out you blasphemous explective from you title, as everyone, including children, can see that from the start pages. Not to mention is is really offensive. I get that you want to express your anger, no problem. Just don't blaspheme to do it, please :monkey3
*********!!! I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR OFFENSE...will you please change your response so absolutely no one who will read it can find something to b$@^h about!!!! are you for real???:monkey5:rotfl do we have to send all our posts to you first so they can be "cleansed" of all possibly offensive material???? :monkey1 DAMINAIO NABISCO YOU ARE ALL CHRISTIAN.:ring

Hi,
I am glad that you found help to get the leg fixed. I know how frustrating that can be. However, would you please edit out you blasphemous explective from you title, as everyone, including children, can see that from the start pages. Not to mention is is really offensive. I get that you want to express your anger, no problem. Just don't blaspheme to do it, please :monkey3

See.. this is why religion is dangerous.You think that other people have conform to your beliefs.I don't think so.God Damn It!! is just a few words and if there's children watching this and their parents don't approve,then they need to keep there children off the NET.

"It's alright to say $hlt - it aint against God." - Alien 3 (1992)

Ah, the Aliens curse strikes again! Sorry to hear about your broken figure, the exact same thing happened to one of mine. The plastic used in this particular figure was simply too brittle for its intended purpose. Many of the problems people had were well documented in icruise's other thread, including my own. I have several HT alien figures, and like many of the others who have replied here, the only ones to give me grief have been the Aliens warrior figures.

Like with yours, I was bending the leg to pose it and it just f'n snapped off!!! When I finally regained control of my wits, I also took it apart to see how bad it was. Luckily, it was fixable. I managed to reinforce the joint on both sides by drilling holes in the broken pieces and using brass rods to pin the parts back together. It was tweaky work, but the joint can now rotate and bend as before, and it doesn't even show under the rubber knee sleeve. The idea of replacing it with the ball jointed segment from the BBi figure stand also sounds like an excellent solution. If/when you get it fixed, I'd definitely take Les's advice... treat it more as a posable statue and avoid handling it as much as possible. I stuck mine in a cabinet and haven't touched any of them since!

I've heard that the brown Aliens Warrior is better constructed than the blue/black version. Can someone confirm this?

Someone should try sending that thread to Hot Toys themselves to tell them to get their $hlt together. I'd do it but the feckers never reply to me.

Does anyone have a spare right arm from the blue Aliens warrior? HT accidently sent me the left arm. :monkey2 I emailed them for the correction but no response. Now I have 2 right arms. Thanks. :D

Back