DAMMIT!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *********!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

I managed to dremmel out the offending part that was stuck and used a bbi adjustable stand to make a makeshift joint.
I've seen that stand in FACEBOX's pics of the warrior - where do I order one from? And excuse me for asking, (I am a newbie to this 1/6 thing) but what exactly is "dremmel"? Can you post a pic of your alien for us to see how the joint is working on it?

Hi Nicky. Here is a pic i took

DSC00117.jpg

A dremmel is basically a drill (battery powered not mains powered) we use to drill holes with. In this case i drilled away the useless plastic that was stuck and replaced the joint with the flexible stand material.

If you want, pm me your address. I'll ship it to you FOC if you'll pick up the postage charges. I'm located in Singapore so it'll prob come up to a couple of dollars.

james.

i drilled away the useless plastic that was stuck and replaced the joint with the flexible stand material.
Your fig seems to be standing quite well - what is the movement like now, can the alien crouch? PM'd you.

Posing is ok but this figure is really a lemon. I have 7 predators and 2 Aliens (grid and this guy) and only this one is giving me joint problems :( You could crouch it but the darn ankles and hips are also loose like crazy (maybe its shaking from knowing there are 7 predators lining up to stick 'im :rotfl:rotfl

I reckon i'm happy if it can get into some poses without me worrying about him falling.

I replied your pm. Will send it to ya some time this week. ETA abt 10-14 days.

Thanks, I'm hoping the stand will help. Where can I get them in future anyway? I was meaning to look into getting one.

VERY CLEVER! I like that as a joint for this.
We all need some of those handy.

As for this figure being a lemon, well, I was not too into it before I ever got one, then I got chastised a bit for criticizing it (a factor that doesn't slow down criticisms of other character figures around here) and I did eventually get on board, when I got one! I do like it, even though it is not movie accurate.
But add to it, that it has horrid ankles, and now, this breakage factor, you have a problem figure for sure.
I still think it's cool, but for sure, LIMITED PLAY FACTOR!
This is more a posable statue than an action figure.

BTW, got an AVP brownie recently, and everything that is so wrong with the Aliens one, is so OK and FINE on the AVP ones. I think Hot Toys retro-designed this figure from the other, and that accounts for the lesser aspects. If they had gambled and made a more durable body, I think this whole thing would be moot.
Anyway, we all had best learn the "How to repair the joints on your ALIENS Alien", just to be sure.

Very clever fix up there!!!

Dang, it's saddening to hear that these "poseable" figures are so fragile... Wouldn't be so bad if the cost of HT figs isn't what it is.

Sorry to hear about your breaks, guys. :monkey2

VERY CLEVER! I like that as a joint for this.
We all need some of those handy.

As for this figure being a lemon, well, I was not too into it before I ever got one, then I got chastised a bit for criticizing it (a factor that doesn't slow down criticisms of other character figures around here) and I did eventually get on board, when I got one! I do like it, even though it is not movie accurate.
But add to it, that it has horrid ankles, and now, this breakage factor, you have a problem figure for sure.
I still think it's cool, but for sure, LIMITED PLAY FACTOR!
This is more a posable statue than an action figure.

BTW, got an AVP brownie recently, and everything that is so wrong with the Aliens one, is so OK and FINE on the AVP ones. I think Hot Toys retro-designed this figure from the other, and that accounts for the lesser aspects. If they had gambled and made a more durable body, I think this whole thing would be moot.
Anyway, we all had best learn the "How to repair the joints on your ALIENS Alien", just to be sure.

Hi Les, actually the strange thing is they made the AVP alien first, then came the Aliens alien. I had the brown AVP as well as the Grid Alien and none of the 2 had this problem. I think their feet were broader and that helped the ankle joint quite a bit.

They just dropped the ball on this Alien, but i guess it happens and 1 out of 15 hot toys figures is tolerable for me at the moment.

Hope they step it up.

james.

You can order the stands from sideshow im pretty sure.

Not sure about SS. I got mine off the bay. Think they were something like $5 roughly.

Hi,
I am glad that you found help to get the leg fixed. I know how frustrating that can be. However, would you please edit out you blasphemous explective from you title, as everyone, including children, can see that from the start pages. Not to mention is is really offensive. I get that you want to express your anger, no problem. Just don't blaspheme to do it, please :monkey3

I was posing him and twisting the knee joint to put his legs into a crouch position and I managed to snap off the left shin...****!! I've had it less than a week. I'm trying to glue it back but it'll be near impossible to do so while still maintaining articulation and movement in the joint. It's drying right now.

Treat this as a warning. Unfortunately there are no spare parts for aliens.

Legjoint.jpg

Leg.jpg

LOL! Nice kwality.

Hi,
I am glad that you found help to get the leg fixed. I know how frustrating that can be. However, would you please edit out you blasphemous explective from you title, as everyone, including children, can see that from the start pages. Not to mention is is really offensive. I get that you want to express your anger, no problem. Just don't blaspheme to do it, please :monkey3

I'm sorry, don't mean to be insensitive, but what exactly is blasphemous about "God damn it"?
What child is going to be offended by that?
I understand if someone is religious, but this seems a bit over the top.

Again, sorry if I'm being insensitive, I'm just trying to understand your position.

I'm sorry, don't mean to be insensitive, but what exactly is blasphemous about "God damn it"?
What child is going to be offended by that?
I understand if someone is religious, but this seems a bit over the top.

Again, sorry if I'm being insensitive, I'm just trying to understand your position.

It's considered using the Lord's name in vain, and personally the one curse word I never use myself, not that I curse much anyway.

Seriously?
Wow. I saw that in a movie once, can't remember which. I thought it was a joke (in the movie).
Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Back