Hot Toys Alien Warrior - What a piece of junk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I just got one today, one of the ankles is very loose because the socket has a small crack and as soon as I took it out of the box a piece of paint came off and stuck to the inner plastic packaging and now there is some paint missing from his chin.... Now I'm trying to find some brown/yellow poop coloured rubber paint to patch it up.
from what i've seen, it'll just continue to disintegrate on the shelf no matter what you do to it.
the only way to avoid that problem is to not own the figure. it's like owning an ice sculpture.

from what i've seen, it'll just continue to disintegrate on the shelf no matter what you do to it.
the only way to avoid that problem is to not own the figure. it's like owning an ice sculpture.

An apt comparison... enjoy it while you can as it won't be around long :lol

It sucks saying it, but HT Xenomorphs have really been a big let down. The best figure (IMO) was the first, but its from an awful movie. Then, the figures I wanted most (Aliens and ALIEN) fall apart and/or are really inaccurate.

I've got mine glued into a permanent pose now. It's sad, but I still like the way it looks on my shelf.

An apt comparison... enjoy it while you can as it won't be around long :lol

It sucks saying it, but HT Xenomorphs have really been a big let down. The best figure (IMO) was the first, but its from an awful movie. Then, the figures I wanted most (Aliens and ALIEN) fall apart and/or are really inaccurate.

What's the problem with the newest Big Chap? Is it just as fragile as the warrior?

It's one of the great mysteries of life: why won't Hot Toys make an accurate Alien?
answer: because they don't have to.
they're the only 1:6 scale aliens in the game. so, they'll sell out no matter what they look like.

True, and yet -being the only ones in the 1/6 predators game- they make a much bigger effort to make those accurate.

I think it just comes down to being lazy and trying to keep costs down.

True, and yet -being the only ones in the 1/6 predators game- they make a much bigger effort to make those accurate.

I think it just comes down to being lazy and trying to keep costs down.
and it would all go away if NECA made 1:6 scale aliens. HT can't compete with them on sculpts or market share.
either HT would have to drastically improve their sculpts or quit making aliens altogether and NECA could take a chance on making higher quality 1:6 scale figures.

win-win.

Does anyone know of anyone reputable that does repairs? My blue alien warrior took a fall and went splat on his ankle this week.

So how are everyone's Aliens holding up? I couldn't live with my sad broken one in the end, so I've put it up for sale.

So far my brown Alien warrior variant is as it's been since I got it; ankle falls off every time I pick it up. The rubber, paint job, and other joints are still good, "Knock on wood".

I rarely ever touch it.

^^
From what I've read, the brown ones have always been fine. It was only the original blue version that had widespread problems.

Last edited:
Not sure if this thread is still active but I just purchased the Brown Version Aliens (Alien Warrior) used. I wanted to put an update for 2013 on how well this guy is holding up. The back tubes were superglued in place but it was done correctly & not sloppy (Thank God)... The foot pegs are insanely loose! Drives me crazy to get him in a decent pose but it's manageable w/ patience. It's not a hard fix (loose foot pegs) but is really aggravating. There is minor paint peeling here and there but nothing noticeable. Overall I'm thinking the Brown Ver. is still better than the first release. It's still holding up even now it seems. Let me note I have no broken joints and the bendable wire is still sturdy. Very impressive piece but I'm on the fence with him a bit. To be honest I would sell him if I had an offer. I wish I would of went for a 1/6 Ghost Rider instead :/

My Brown variant Alien Warrior is my only Alien figure from Hot Toys. His right foot was always falling off until I coated the black ball joint with black finger nail polish to build it up; it stayed on a lot better. Before I packed him away I had no other issues with him, but after reading all the other posters about their troubles with their Alien figures rotting, paint peeling, breaking, pieces falling off and not being able to stand up, I decided not to get anymore; not even Big Chap, and I really wanted him.

Back