DAMMIT!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *********!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

My guess is just some kind of issue with the plastic on that batch. My AVP warrior is solid, but the ankles were crapped right out of the package for the Aliens version.

That sux! Aside from the great look of this figure, it is a total miss by Hot Toys. So many problems reported about this figure. I really wanted to get 2 more so I could have 3, but I am pretty disappointed with my one.

Dont get me wrong, it looks great, but joints a CRAZY LOOSE and the feet are both busted.

Hot Toys really disappointed me with this one.

Thats why i NEVER PLAYED with photo poses of these Hot Toys, you just dont know when a little bit of friction is gonna own em

Eek!
That sux dude.

I remember telling you over at avpgalaxy that that figure was fragile. :monkey2

yeah they're crazy fragile.I actually have two of these and both have broken parts.A knee joint, ankle and elbow :/

I just doused them with gorilla glue though so at least they still look alright ...oh,and when the gorilla glue dries it kinda looks like acid so there's an idea for you guys who wanna do battle damaged aliens ;]

All my AvP and ALIENS Aliens are fine...I've got a slight loose ankle on my ALIENS Warrior and his hip was a little loose but I fixed that with the "SuperGlue-in-Moving-Joint" Method and he's fine!

Sorry to hear about your break!

BTW - Anyone having any breakage issues with the Brown ALIENS Alien Warrior? I remember people saying he had better joints than the original release, mine certainly had stiffer joints than my Blue Alien.

Sorry to hear that dude! Fortunately all my Aliens are still in the box, and nothing happened to them until now. But last week i showed the Aliens Aline to a friend, and when i took it out of the box and moved the leg around a bit, the foot fell off. No problem, since it was easy to snap back in place, but that just illustrates that the joints on these beasts are pretty loose. There's definitely some homework for HT here. Hope that the AvP-R figures are sturdier.

I had the exact same problem.
After a slightly frustratingly long wait, I did get a replacement leg from HT. You just have to mail them a few times, they will answer eventually.
In the mean time, I did manage to build a completely new articulation for the knee. It is a fairly simple mechanism. With the right tools and little bit of patience you could probably build a much better, much sturdier articulation. Mine ended up too loose and the figure couldn't hold its own weight, so I opted to ask HT for a replacement.
All in all, it must've taken me a couple of months to get the leg, but get it I did.
Good luck dude!

Mine was broke like that straight out of the box.

Hmm, was wanting to get an Alien figure for my Preds and Hudson, but breakage would put a damper on me. Seeing as how I get bored with poses (pending on character) that I switch poses every so often.

Hmm, was wanting to get an Alien figure for my Preds and Hudson, but breakage would put a damper on me. Seeing as how I get bored with poses (pending on character) that I switch poses every so often.

whats wrong with a battle damaged alien figure?

I have one of these HT Aliens and its currently in pieces. Because of the unsteady foot (loose foot joint) mine took a dive from its place on my shelf. Its been 2 months and I'm still furious.

whats wrong with a battle damaged alien figure?

BD is alright, just would hate to have to limit my posesability cause of it. Of course it would help if I wanted the Pred to have ripped a leg off, but eh.:monkey1

And before I forget brotha, I checked for you if the right leg is usable but the foot joint is broken along with the left leg and the right hand. Goodluck bro.

My aliens - alien also got a broken arm too. Seems they screw the joint too tight and I've snapped mine right alway. Lucky, HT got them fixed and send me back a good one though.

Wow, it looks like a lot of people have been experiencing problems with their ALIENS alien.

That's strange. HT's AVP alien was solid but they dropped the ball on the ALIENS version? weird. Wonder what the cause was? different plastic used? thinner joints?

What's Hot Toys email address? Or can we only contact them through their website?

Hey nicky. Dun despair. The same thing happened to me. Only worse! I was wondering why the knee joint was so darn loose and took a peek under the rubber to find that the damn joint was already half broken! :(

I managed to dremmel out the offending part that was stuck and used a bbi adjustable stand to make a makeshift joint. Will post pictures when i get home.

Hang tight, its salvagable though its a disappointment that a toy this expensive has so many problemes.

Last edited:

Hi guys. Pictures of the repaired joint. hope this helps someone.

james.

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

Back