Hot Toys Alien Warrior - What a piece of junk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Brown variant Alien Warrior is my only Alien figure from Hot Toys. His right foot was always falling off until I coated the black ball joint with black finger nail polish to build it up; it stayed on a lot better. Before I packed him away I had no other issues with him, but after reading all the other posters about their troubles with their Alien figures rotting, paint peeling, breaking, pieces falling off and not being able to stand up, I decided not to get anymore; not even Big Chap, and I really wanted him.

I may try that tip myself but I'm thinking of trading him out :/ Funny thing is I was considering the Big Chap but went with this one.

Last edited:
Anyone know where to get replacement sockets for the shoulder and foot for HT Dog Alien and HT Alien Warrior? Sucks that HT used plastic that easily cracks over time. :(

ihWClf4eSfi2a.jpg

Anyone know where to get replacement sockets for the shoulder and foot for HT Dog Alien and HT Alien Warrior? Sucks that HT used plastic that easily cracks over time. :(

ihWClf4eSfi2a.jpg

Get you same of that auto two part putty that come in a roll (it’s suppose to get hard enough to drill), cut a little piece off and mead it together, put what you can in the socket making sure to fill all the broken parts and cracks. Push in the ball joint after you've put a little Vaseline over it, and move it around a little, cutting off any of the extra putty that is worked out and then let it set until the putty is dry. If it will come out, paint the putty with black finger nail polish, and when that dries pop it back in. It may work, for you.

Not sure if this thread is still active but I just purchased the Brown Version Aliens (Alien Warrior) used. I wanted to put an update for 2013 on how well this guy is holding up. The back tubes were superglued in place but it was done correctly & not sloppy (Thank God)... The foot pegs are insanely loose! Drives me crazy to get him in a decent pose but it's manageable w/ patience. It's not a hard fix (loose foot pegs) but is really aggravating. There is minor paint peeling here and there but nothing noticeable. Overall I'm thinking the Brown Ver. is still better than the first release. It's still holding up even now it seems. Let me note I have no broken joints and the bendable wire is still sturdy. Very impressive piece but I'm on the fence with him a bit. To be honest I would sell him if I had an offer. I wish I would of went for a 1/6 Ghost Rider instead :/

I just got a brown one on ebay last week. He is holding up badly. So far so good on the knees and joints (knock on wood), but the reason I got him "cheap" (in my opinion) is the paint. The BACK around the tubes is pealing and cracking nearly as bad as the OP's paint. The tubes were super glued on by the PO, but it didnt hold for some reason as one is dangling there. I'm afraid to do more damage if I mess with it too much.

Still, from the front it looks great. Joints still strong. Just that damn paint.

The Blue one I got was indeed worse in the joints. I got it "cheap" because one knee was already broken. The other knee broke, literally, within 3 hours of fixing the first knee. The blue one had been clear coated by the PO to stop paint flaking on ITS back.

So in summery: The paint continues to be a problem with time...but call me crazy, I still say they looking real freaking cool and I dont regret buying them. At least for the price(s) I paid.

My blue one fell over last night (after being displayed with no problems for more than 3 years)...probably due to a loose foot...and both knee joints broke...inside a Detolf. I know they have acid for blood but acid in the joints?! :D

Get you same of that auto two part putty that come in a roll (it’s suppose to get hard enough to drill), cut a little piece off and mead it together, put what you can in the socket making sure to fill all the broken parts and cracks. Push in the ball joint after you've put a little Vaseline over it, and move it around a little, cutting off any of the extra putty that is worked out and then let it set until the putty is dry. If it will come out, paint the putty with black finger nail polish, and when that dries pop it back in. It may work, for you.

Thanks Dollmanron! I'll def. try that one. Have you tried that method and did it work well?

It's a HT figure. Not a model kit.

Actually, this is an old school HT product & in those days (along with many of their early Predator figures) it was sold as a model kit....which is why it's in this section in the first place. :nana:

If anyone wants to try an easy fix, just use a 3/32 pilot drill bit & drill holes either in the ankle and or knee joints, and cut some metal clothes hanger wire in sections to the desired length. Once you drill through the busted joints it's hollow so you can use a bit of a longer piece of the wire. Drill the holes in both the ankle socket & bottom of the leg, or the top part of the leg & bottom part of the thigh piece, stick the wire in (make the proper bend for the knee section), reinforce it with some gorilla glue, and it's almost good as new. :yess:

Actually, this is an old school HT product & in those days (along with many of their early Predator figures) it was sold as a model kit....which is why it's in this section in the first place. :nana:
Wrong. It's in this section because no mod cares enough to move it to it's proper section, which would be the "figure" section. Not that I blame them. It's become very painful simply stepping foot in the Aliens & Robots threads.

And it's a figure, not a model. Always has been, always will be. Hot Toys doesn't make model kits. They make 1/6 poseable figures.

They should just be called Hot Dolls.Get rid of those rubber dolls before they disintigrate!:rotfl

phew glad i read this i was nearly about to buy the blue version on ebay. love the sculpt! i hope hot toys re release a new version of the alien but to higher quality materials

I ve just found an new hot toys sealed blue aliens warrior for £200 ... Tempted to buy and keep sealed...

Back