D9 Mech model going for $5000+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just what is "too much money"?
Is it just more than what you have?
Why knock someone who can afford to do something like that?

People's views on what others buy, based on prices and amounts spent, is hilarious.

I mean, come on, we spend $150/$200 on plastic Alien and Predator dolls.

I'd love to hear what the non-collectors of the world would say about us.

If someone can afford to spend that kind of money on a custom...I say good for him.
And it's the lucky bastard that made it for probably $50, and will pocket $5000, that I envy.

We'd all do it if we could.

LOL ummm.... okay thats a good point. I sometimes think of the starving kids in Ethiopia when I buy a piece that costs more than the rent :rotfl

And just what is "too much money"?
Is it just more than what you have?
Why knock someone who can afford to do something like that?
no i consider "too much money" for something that obviously isn't worth it. hey, i might contact the buyer and offer him a deal for a timeshare on beachfront property in arizona...he's obviously got the money.

Or Sideshow for that matter
man, i guess... i rarely buy statues and HT is more likely to make figures i'd want.
doesn't matter since i haven't heard of either even trying to get the license, assuming there's one to get.
come to think of it, i'd rather see NECA get it.
I'd love to hear what the non-collectors of the world would say about us.
"LOL! buying toys is immature. i'm gonna go buy $600 shoes and an Ikea coffee table that expresses my personality."
that sounds about right.

man, i guess... i rarely buy statues and HT is more likely to make figures i'd want.
doesn't matter since i haven't heard of either even trying to get the license, assuming there's one to get.

"LOL! buying toys is immature. i'm gonna go buy $600 shoes and an Ikea coffee table that expresses my personality."
that sounds about right.

:rotfl I've heard something along those lines a couple of times.

LOL :rotfl You want to know a Secret?
I've never bought a Statue from Sideshow before and I don't plan to.

I never understood why people would want something that was stuck in one pose. But I put out there because I know Someone would want a PF of the Exo/BioSuit. As for Neca... I love their 6 Inch figures but anything bigger looks cheaply made. The Terminator 2 Line is pretty awesome... for Kitbashing. :naughty

that sounds about right.

:rotfl:rotfl

no i consider "too much money" for something that obviously isn't worth it. hey, i might contact the buyer and offer him a deal for a timeshare on beachfront property in arizona...he's obviously got the money.

Obviously not worth it TO YOU.
That doesn't mean it's not worth it to the guy who wins it, though

You can't compare what you think is too much money, or what's "worth it" to what someone else thinks.

All of this is subjective. It only matters to you what you think is too much.
But that doesn't mean it's actually too much.

for that kinda price, it should be flawlessly accurate. and it's nowhere close. to be fair, the guy did clarify that it's a customized piece and never claimed accuracy.

but just sayin. at a glance, i can tell there's lotsa things off about it, compared to the mecha in the film. and that's the one audiences saw. so if he is giving his own version/interpretation, then it's an issue for serious collectors who are sticklers for attention to movie detail...

Back