CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah the joys of time travel. The silly thing is after all he went through in the first two seasons, after all the havic he played with time-lines, he still chose to do it again to save his parents.

Just what outcome did he expect?

Spoiler Spoiler:

The reason he wants to go back is because it won't be him, his identity will be lost because it was a past that never was.
There would still be a Barry Allen but it wouldn't be him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah the joys of time travel. The silly thing is after all he went through in the first two seasons, after all the havic he played with time-lines, he still chose to do it again to save his parents.

Just what outcome did he expect?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Butterfly Effect was such crazy movie.

I'm just wondering why is it that the primary motivation for Barry to go back in time was to save his parents, and yet the story barely features them. IMO they should have been more prominent in the episode. Definitely should have made Barry's choice to sacrifice them seem more of a difficult decision.

I'm thinking the thing with Iris and Joe's relationship being fractured is Reverse Flash changing things.

It makes sense the last thing he said to Barry and Barry being to weak to fix things so RF definitely did something, even after killing Nora Allen

Why is Reverse Flash even still here? Eddie killed himself, therefore Eobard should have never existed in the first place. Barry's mom should still be alive, no one should even have any memory of Eobard existing, and the real Harrison should still be there.

The more time goes on, the more it seems Eddie's sacrifice was kind of pointless.

I'm thinking the thing with Iris and Joe's relationship being fractured is Reverse Flash changing things.

It makes sense the last thing he said to Barry and Barry being to weak to fix things so RF definitely did something, even after killing Nora Allen

There's a couple of promos that hint at other changes. They've got me pretty hyped about the next few episodes.

So Barry Allen spent 3 months in the new timeline enjoying the company of his parents. So where was the Barry Allen of that timeline? Tied up in the back shed?

So Barry Allen spent 3 months in the new timeline enjoying the company of his parents. So where was the Barry Allen of that timeline? Tied up in the back shed?

He was the Barry Allen of that timeline. He just changed things. He didn't create a whole new universe. Think "Back to the Future" rules. The world changed around him; he was just the only one who remembered how it used to be.

Last edited:
He was the Barry Allen of that timeline. Think back to the future rules. The world changed around him; he was just the only one who remembered how it used to be.

RF also knew that Barry was able to live in the altered timeline for at least a long while and he saw that if a speedster kept using his speed it would effect his memories. More than likely RF figured out a way that he can return in time still redo what he was meant to do, kill Nora but still make changes that work to his advantage.

The bottom line is that Barry was an idiot letting RF figure out his plans and when Barry was weak that was the opening the RF was probably waiting for. :lecture

So, I'm a little confused by the implications of Barry's "memories." Was it going to kill him or just erase his previous "history?" If the latter, why freak out so bad when you'd have a lifetime of new, happy memories with Ma and Pa Allen? Also, we FINALLY got our Julio cameo from the '90s TV show with Captain Mendez. I almost didn't recognize him, but it's great to have the majority of the principal cast in. I still think it'd be cool if they could get some of those older guys, like M. Emmet Walsh (Henry Allen) and Mike Genovese (Lt. Garfield) while they're still around.

I still hope they commit to that vision of '90s Flash in the speed force and bring him back. How cool would it be to have a two-part crossover episode/revival where his Flash winds up in the CW universe and then this Flash has to go back to help him in his. You can have JWS as Jay meeting JWS as Barry...with Barry. I even had a thought that The Trickster tries to kill The Flash while Flash is helping '90s Flash get back to his universe and somehow winds up getting thrown into the '90s universe with them, so, you could literally have Gustin Barry and JWS Barry teaming up to fight a double dose of Mark Hamill as The Tricksters.

So, I'm a little confused by the implications of Barry's "memories." Was it going to kill him or just erase his previous "history?" If the latter, why freak out so bad when you'd have a lifetime of new, happy memories with Ma and Pa Allen?

My take was that he never wanted to lose those memories - he loved the Cisco, Iris, Caitlin, etc. of his timeline - and so when those memories were getting erased, he freaked out. It wasn't what he planned to happen, which is why RF kept saying "you'll beg me to kill your mom", etc. etc. Plus, I'm sure the headaches were horrible. :lol

I think in his perfect world he would take his mom from this timeline and throw her back into his original timeline and live happily ever after. Obviously, he can't have both. And he starts to realize that getting his mom back means he would lose everyone he knew from his timeline.

Oh yeah, Cisco's brother was alive. They survived an attack from the brother's doppelganger and Cisco revealed he had powers to his brother.

So let me get this straight. He leaves the alternate timeline where his parents are alive because he's losing his old memories and because Wally was dying, but he's staying in the current time line where he's responsible for Cisco's brother's death? Does he realize that HE killed the guy's brother? Because they seem awfully cool about it...both Cisco and Barry. :dunno

I think you need to rewatch the episodes Clown Prince. The first episode was a little vague but last night's Ep did a good job of explaining things. Did you forget the conversation he had with Garrick in the 90's?:lol

I think you need to rewatch the episodes Clown Prince. The first episode was a little vague but last night's Ep did a good job of explaining things. Did you forget the conversation he had with Garrick in the 90's?:lol

I saw the beginning of that scene when they go to the bar and there's an episode of Dawson's Creek, but I wasn't listening :lol I bet it's the same old speech, you can't travel back in time ...blah blah blah...he'll do it again this season. My point is, Barry literally killed Cisco's brother and he's over it like it's nothing.

Back