CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll say it again, because, as much as I want Batman to have it, I think The Flash's may be my favorite: I'd love to see the New 52 suit. I don't know if they'll do it on this show or save it for the inevitable film version (providing they're successful enough to get one off the ground), but I love the idea behind the lines on that costume; that the suit sort of acts as a "containment suit," and every time he taps into the speed force and uses his power, the lines light up, almost providing a window of sorts into what's going on with all of the energy and static electricity crackling and such.

I think outside of Batman, he's the only one the new design actually works well with.

:exactly: How can one photo contain so much fail? :lol

MjOuDaj.gif

Just like what we've seen with the X-Men, the attempt to compromise "realistic" looks with comic looks fails completely.
I personally don't mind the X-men movie suits. I never thought they looked bad, just...bland.

But yeah, the Smallville suits are hilariously awful. :lol

I love how they give them all these colored leather suits in an attempt to make them look more realistic than their comic book counterparts, but they just end up looking 100x cheesier. :lol

The Vampire Diaries‘ Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker (Shark) are set to co-star opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Cosnett plays star Detective Eddie Thawne, a recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, whose past is a mystery and who harbors a dark secret. Panabaker plays Caitlin Snow, a highly intelligent bioengineering expert who lost her fiancé during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs. Originally envisioned as a backdoor pilot episode of Arrow, Flash will now film a regular pilot directed by David Nutter, a move clearly geared toward a series pickup.

Eddie Thawne? :lol

They didn't like Eobard? Oh well, love this news.

I've never seen anything with this Cosnett guy in it, hope he can pull it off.

Hopefully they go full comic with this show like they have Arrow. I want to see Captain Cold in all his furry hooded glory and Professor Zoom in his bright yellow suit.

John Wesley Shipp Former Barry Allen Actor to Join The Flash Series in Mystery Role

According to THR, John Wesley Shipp – who starred as Barry Allen in the short-lived 1990 TV series – will appear as a mystery character in the pilot episode of The Flash. Shipp is probably best known for his role as the crimson speedster, but he also played the father in The Neverending Story II, the father in Dawson’s Creek, and an evil father in Teen Wolf. (Basically, he’s played a lot of fathers.) If the new Flash series gets a full series order, Shipp will become a recurring cast member.

So who might Shipp end up playing? As soon as the news broke, fans everywhere immediately speculated that Shipp could play a version of Jay Garrick. For those not in the know, Garrick was the original Golden Age Flash (you might recognize him from his winged, metal helmet), so having Shipp play that role would be a fun, tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement for fans of the 1990s series.

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking. Still, Garrick makes a certain amount of sense given Shipp’s background and age. Then again, he could also be playing Barry Allen’s father, who was falsely imprisoned for the murder of Barry’s mother and will likely play a large part in the show’s story. On Twitter, DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has been playing coy abut the casting, and it’s doubtful we’ll get much confirmation in the short term.

Whatever role Shipp does end up in, he’s fortunate to be involved in a production like Flash. While there’s still a long way to go for the series, the strength of Arrow is working in its favor. Additionally, a greater emphasis on sci-fi storytelling as opposed to the straight crime drama/soap opera of Arrow, could help bring in a wider audience.

That's badass! I loved Shipp's Flash, so, I can't wait to see who he takes on in the new series, and it's a neat way to pay homage to the original show. It'd be an interesting turn if he played Barry's dad.

Hopefully they go full comic with this show like they have Arrow. I want to see Captain Cold in all his furry hooded glory and Professor Zoom in his bright yellow suit.

I agree, I'm not a DC fan by any means outside of Batman but I've been watching Arrow and I love the show. I like how they have brought in some of the DC bad guys and the production value is top notch. I hope they deliver on Flash, it could be awesome.

Yes, there is a lightning bolt.

Here’s the first photo of actor Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, a.k.a. superhero The Flash. For the time being, The CW and studio Warner Bros. are just revealing the mask.

First impressions: Though there is a lightning bolt, there’s no protruding ear wings (thankfully) like in the original comic costume (see pics below). It’s traditional red, but not bright red; more subdued. The chin-guard seems handy, but might make it a little tougher to speak. Sort of Daredevil-esque. We’re told some of the costume is leather, which is what the texture looks like here.

The outfit was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for Arrow. Her credits also include Alice in Wonderland and Chicago. Production on The Flash pilot starts next week.

the-flash.jpg

Yep...looks great so far.

Hopefully the rest of the suit will be as nice. So glad they are embracing the comic looks and not going the Smallville route.

First news of a new Batman game is leaked, and, within moments, this happens? That looks superb, and, as a long time Flash fan, I'm very excited.

Back