CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen Glee, so I go in with no preconceived notions of this guy. Hope he gets a suit as good as the one on the old Flash series.

:exactly::goodpost:

Really? That suit was terrible. I'd rather see them pull a smallvile track jacket than go with a goofy rubber suit. Wonder if they can pull off something closer to the golden age, minus the weird hat.

I have no desire to see Flash in a "lightning-bolt jacket." That was one of Smallville's biggest failures (the writers seemed to have hated Superman anyway). Nor do I have any desire to see a kid in a body stocking. :gah:

:exactly::goodpost:

I have no desire to see Flash in a "lightning-bolt jacket." That was one of Smallville's biggest failures (the writers seemed to have hated Superman anyway). Nor do I have any desire to see a kid in a body stocking. :gah:

The suit didn't make Lois and Clark a good show and the lack of suit didn't hurt Smallville as much as non fans think. Though I do concede the payoff at the end should have been bigger. If the flash has a slow build toward the final suit that's probably a good choice. Can't seen anything with that 90s suit working these days. Pure cheese. Can a compromise be found? Football style pants with a more jersey like shirt? Dunno

I miss you Smallville.

Smallville-Flash.jpg

The suit didn't make Lois and Clark a good show and the lack of suit didn't hurt Smallville as much as non fans think. Though I do concede the payoff at the end should have been bigger. If the flash has a slow build toward the final suit that's probably a good choice. Can't seen anything with that 90s suit working these days. Pure cheese. Can a compromise be found? Football style pants with a more jersey like shirt? Dunno

Do I think we should get an ultra-padded, flocked suit? Nah. But honestly, looking at MoS and ASM, something more modern but not so blatantly spandex shouldn't be too hard. Something maybe like the Injustice costume, but less "armored?"

injustice-gods-among-us-the-flash-artwork-646x403.jpg

The action figure looks more proportioned:

Injustice-The-Flash-2-pack-action-figures.jpg

Def too much padding. But the pants are about right. The shirt maybe can be a simple under armour long sleeve with the logo.

I guess I'm just too old school. I want my superheroes to look like superheroes, otherwise why bother? Just make a generic show like Heroes where you don't have to bother with suits.

I guess I'm just too old school. I want my superheroes to look like superheroes, otherwise why bother? Just make a generic show like Heroes where you don't have to bother with suits.

I think I'm with you for the mostpart. But you can't argue against the fact that a risky suit can break a show if not done right. Arrow hit the mark, but the have somewhat a benefit of going leather and tactical without looking cheesy. Leather or rubber, bright red and yellow. It's going to show on screen something awful. Something more athletic Lycra, jersey, etc works

More than the costume, I'm actually more worried about the speed effect. I thought they made Clark in smallville move way too fast. Moving fast was treated like stopping time. Did not like that.

Because none of these products are made for you. They're made for teenage billy and teenage jilly. Mom too. And Nostalgic Dad.

I'll say it again, because, as much as I want Batman to have it, I think The Flash's may be my favorite: I'd love to see the New 52 suit. I don't know if they'll do it on this show or save it for the inevitable film version (providing they're successful enough to get one off the ground), but I love the idea behind the lines on that costume; that the suit sort of acts as a "containment suit," and every time he taps into the speed force and uses his power, the lines light up, almost providing a window of sorts into what's going on with all of the energy and static electricity crackling and such.

Back