Custom Kit Bash Bruce Wayne pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally finished my first night out Wayne kitbash today. Nothing innovative as some here have already done pretty much the same bash, but I'm happy I finished him and really like the result. :)
The body, belt and the harness are (obviously) from the Takara Batman, the head, gauntlets and hands are from the HT BB suit Wayne. The gaunlets are actually both a pneumatic wrangler from the BB suit Bats, with the mechanism removed. I also had to dremel the gauntlets quite a bit from the inside to fit them on the Takara arms, as the Hot Toys arms are thinner.

Wayne2.png

Wayne3.png

Very nice one! Why did you not use the Takara gauntlets?

I still think the Takara body is way too thin.

Well it is the Takara... Judging from the pics I would say the boots make it look that thin.

Very nice one! Why did you not use the Takara gauntlets?

I got a loose Takara Bats from usmchicks on here, and he didn't come with the gaunlets or hands. The gaunlets are a real ^^^^^ to find, so I had to resort to customizing the manglers (I think I remember seeing your bashed BB suit Bats with the same?). From what I've seen, the Takara gaunlets have a weird shape to them anyway and are very shiny, so I was aiming for some HT gaunlets anyway. Of course the gaunlets are now not really movie accurate with those extra "rings" around them, that hold the mangler device, but I think it actually adds to that first night out/incomplete suit look, and it differentiates him a bit more from my BB suit version.

Regarding the body, I think the real problem is that the legs are a bit too long, and the big boots jut emphasize that (as KingGrayskull mentioned). The only other thing that looks too skinny to me is the abdomen, and the harness covers that up well IMO.

Looks good bro. In this hobby there is always room for improvement, but the effort is so satisfying !

I got a loose Takara Bats from usmchicks on here, and he didn't come with the gaunlets or hands. The gaunlets are a real ^^^^^ to find, so I had to resort to customizing the manglers (I think I remember seeing your bashed BB suit Bats with the same?). From what I've seen, the Takara gaunlets have a weird shape to them anyway and are very shiny, so I was aiming for some HT gaunlets anyway. Of course the gaunlets are now not really movie accurate with those extra "rings" around them, that hold the mangler device, but I think it actually adds to that first night out/incomplete suit look, and it differentiates him a bit more from my BB suit version.

No, you havent seen mine. Unfortunatly I do not own a Takara yet. I thought about using these gauntlets too as MyFiguresChoice had them quiet cheap but they were suddenly sold out... ;)
Alltogether I really thought exactly the same about the overall look of the figure. It has this "not finished yet" attitude. Could you try to switch boots with the ones from Hot Toys just for a pic? I am curious how it would look like. I definitly have to get a Takara one day... :rolleyes:

Regarding the body, I think the real problem is that the legs are a bit too long, and the big boots jut emphasize that (as KingGrayskull mentioned). The only other thing that looks too skinny to me is the abdomen, and the harness covers that up well IMO.

I wouldnt say its off, in fact it looks pretty human to me, but it does not 100%ly fit to Hot Toys. I think this is why people say hes skinny... Or LAra Croft... :lol

No, you havent seen mine. Unfortunatly I do not own a Takara yet. I thought about using these gauntlets too as MyFiguresChoice had them quiet cheap but they were suddenly sold out... ;)
Alltogether I really thought exactly the same about the overall look of the figure. It has this "not finished yet" attitude. Could you try to switch boots with the ones from Hot Toys just for a pic? I am curious how it would look like. I definitly have to get a Takara one day... :rolleyes:

Ah, I mistook you for Thrustmaster, I guess because I only remembered it was from a german member here. :duh This was the bash I was referring to https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633995&postcount=1230
Unfortunately I have no idea how the boots are attached on the Takara, and for fear of breaking or ripping something I rather won't try to take them off. I'm not sure if the HT boots would fit anyway, as I think Takara uses a different machanism.

Of course... Why make a difference... We dont care for you neither... :lol:rotfl:lol

Thanks for the link. Obviously he switched the boots too... Doesnt look that bad. From my point of view it looks even a little better... :)

Hey, I'm one of you too, we should stick together. :lol And if IIRC you're an avid Batman collector too, so it wasn't that far off. ;)

Thrustmaster's Batman is actually the HT one, not a Takara, that's why he looks better. ^^ He just bashed him together by getting the pieces one at a time from ebay, that's also why he used the manglers as gauntlets.

Finally got my TT body and Saturday Toys suit.

IMG_2242.jpg

Jacket, Pants, Shoes: HT Men's Suit
Shirt, Tie: Saturday Toys

I'm happy with him. I do want to upgrade the tie. I don't like the HT or Saturday Toys ones.

Yes. I own three different suits and mixed and matched them all. The shirt and tie are Saturday Toys but the rest of it is indeed Tony's suit set.

I finally finished my first night out Wayne kitbash today. Nothing innovative as some here have already done pretty much the same bash, but I'm happy I finished him and really like the result. :)
The body, belt and the harness are (obviously) from the Takara Batman, the head, gauntlets and hands are from the HT BB suit Wayne. The gaunlets are actually both a pneumatic wrangler from the BB suit Bats, with the mechanism removed. I also had to dremel the gauntlets quite a bit from the inside to fit them on the Takara arms, as the Hot Toys arms are thinner.

Wayne2.png

Wayne3.png

That last shot is stunning!

That last shot is stunning!

Thanks man. :) In retrospect I probably should've put that poster in the background somewhere else, as this is probably the shelf I'll take my pics from now on (I moved here about a month ago). In this case the earthtones actually complement the Wayne though IMO, as the BB color scheme was mostly red/orange/brown.

I was going to say originally. The light hits the figure or is going to hit the figures perfectly in there. Not too bright giving a plasticy/shiny wet look and not too dark that you can't see the detail. It comes out natural.

Even the Wayne hair isn't shiny under that lighting. The Takara rubber looks identical to the Hot Toys original suit texture.

Though I must admit the original suit gauntlets look better on the Takara than the stock shiny set. Even though the Begins suit had shiny gauntlets but they are nowhere as shiny as the Takara.

I'm really digging the whole matte look you have going on. You just need a nice backdrop and it's perfect. Maybe a big giant sheet of that black fabric and you'd have a nice photo shoot in there... perhaps a white backdrop as well for future figures.

3172243733_b1f258ba13.jpg

Mine looks seriously ugh with those over the top glossy gauntlets.

Finally got my TT body and Saturday Toys suit.

IMG_2242.jpg

Jacket, Pants, Shoes: HT Men's Suit
Shirt, Tie: Saturday Toys

I'm happy with him. I do want to upgrade the tie. I don't like the HT or Saturday Toys ones.

Looks great to me.

I was going to say originally. The light hits the figure or is going to hit the figures perfectly in there. Not too bright giving a plasticy/shiny wet look and not too dark that you can't see the detail. It comes out natural.

Even the Wayne hair isn't shiny under that lighting. The Takara rubber looks identical to the Hot Toys original suit texture.

Though I must admit the original suit gauntlets look better on the Takara than the stock shiny set. Even though the Begins suit had shiny gauntlets but they are nowhere as shiny as the Takara.

I'm really digging the whole matte look you have going on. You just need a nice backdrop and it's perfect. Maybe a big giant sheet of that black fabric and you'd have a nice photo shoot in there... perhaps a white backdrop as well for future figures.

3172243733_b1f258ba13.jpg

Mine looks seriously ugh with those over the top glossy gauntlets.

That is the flaw I find in the Takara version. But what can be done ?

Back