Custom Dark Knight Heads ONLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never really noticed this until now, but Hot Toys attempt looks like Skeletor for the eye socket.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Thats awesome! I thought the TF head sculpt looked great as is but that is simply beautiful!. Great job Maul Fan.

Hey Maulfan can you please post some comparison pics with the head on the rest of the body?

That would be great. Secondly, are you going to offer to customise our heads like this too??? I would be very interested.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm glad to see the positive reaction this is getting. I half expected this would be a train wreck when I started, which is why I bought a spare head to do it rather than just rework my own. I was nervous until I laid the first layer of paint on. When it was just the added sculpting material, I was scared that it may not look right painted, it's hard to tell how well it's blended in when the sculpt material is white and the head is charcoal grey, thankfully it worked out just fine.

As far as taking commissions to do this to your Two-Face heads, I certainly appreciate that my work on this thing is of a quality that would generate such interest, but to be honest, I don't feel confident enough in my ability to replicate the head to the point where I'd be comfortable taking money from people to do it. In a good economy, let alone the current one, you guys work hard to earn the money you have and buy these figures, I'd hate to ruin your head or deliver work that doesn't feel worth the money to you.

I'm not a custom figure maker by any means, I've painted a couple heads, which turned out just ok, but easily a 2/10 compared to the 9/10-10/10 quality pieces the pros around here can turn out.

So, I'm not saying I wouldn't be willing to do this for you, we can discuss it, but just want you guys, incase you're not totally familiar with me and my history doing this sort of thing, to understand where I'm at so there's no surprises or anything.

MaulFan, congratulations on an AMAZING customed two-face. I thought the Hot Toys production sculpt was fairly spot on, but your work truly highlights its short comings.

Amazing job MaulFan! Did you reshape the area around the eye, or is that just the paint job changing the shape to be more rounded?! Looks fantastic! :)

Looks sick man, how on earth do you paint them so well, and intricately?

Thanks. As far as painting it, I started as a fine artist over a decade ago, so I've got experience with paints on canvas, plus illustrations I do on the computer, I just apply the same concepts on 3D works.

As far as painting it so well, the burnt side of a Two-Face head, particularly from the Dark Knight, isn't a true showing of ability. I made mistakes, but because there's no definitive pattern to things, you can mess up and it'll look like it was intended. The eye is still HT's factory job, as are the teeth, gums and mouth muscles and tendons, I just did the the charred skin.

Amazing job MaulFan! Did you reshape the area around the eye, or is that just the paint job changing the shape to be more rounded?! Looks fantastic! :)

Yes, I added sculpt material to alter the eye socket as well as fill in some deep gauges in the skin that weren't film accurrate.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yeah I'll totally admit you improved on it considerably. Nice work for certain! The bone texture looks a lot more realistic too.

The only thing i really don't like is that little tan colored part above the eye. It looks like unpainted sculpy. I think it should be a little more pink and less yellow no?

Very nice and daring work you have done Maulfan :)

A little weathering on his shirt like you have done before and he looks like a still from the film.

A little weathering on his shirt like you have done before and he looks like a still from the film.

With regard to that, I came to find when I switched my figure to Dent for some photos, the shirt the figure comes with being so much thinner in material than most 1/6 button downs makes a big difference on the sport coat, so now I'm trying to hunt down a second TF shirt if I can to weather, that or I'll weather the one that came with a figure and just buy another regular white button down and leave it clean for the few times in the future I'll use the figure as Dent.

Back