Custom Dark Knight Heads ONLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol.. the same could be said about the v.1 Joker before the Bank Robber version came out. I personally saw countless people on here saying how great it was etc. and once the BR Joker came out, they were STILL stubborn in admiting how crappy the v.1 sculpt was. It wasn't until they actually GOT IT, that they were finally able to admit it. In other words, most people have this weird need to defend (for whatever reason) the stuff they have as opposed to being real and unbiased. If a better, more accurate sculpt of Two-Face from TDK came out, guaranteed all these people right now that are "happy" with their current HT version would absolutely TRASH that sculpt. Obviously people that don't like it won't have it. Because they DON'T LIKE IT. :duh

Simple concept.

I still like the V1 sculpt. Its very detailed, and realisitic. Its just not a dead on Heath Ledger.

I liked the V1 at first, but when you're competing against something like......either, of the BR joker sculpts, it looks like garbage :p Not just the Unheathness, but the general look. The quality is great of course

I think the guys modding the two face heads are taking a big risk at ruining a 200 dollar figure. I don't think the regular Harvey face looks much like Ekhart but the two face head is spot on and I honestly do not se how it can be improved on at all. The Harvey half is a wonderful likeness and the scarred part looks identical to the movie to me. If I could see some actual picture proof of how its not I'd take it back but until then I will not understand how people have a problem with it.

I thought the overall quality of Two Face was a bit cheap in comparison to the rest though especially the soft rubber heads.

I think the guys modding the two face heads are taking a big risk at ruining a 200 dollar figure. I don't think the regular Harvey face looks much like Ekhart but the two face head is spot on and I honestly do not se how it can be improved on at all. The Harvey half is a wonderful likeness and the scarred part looks identical to the movie to me. If I could see some actual picture proof of how its not I'd take it back but until then I will not understand how people have a problem with it.

I thought the overall quality of Two Face was a bit cheap in comparison to the rest though especially the soft rubber heads.

The most significant difference between the figure and the film is the eye socket. In the film, the muscle and tissue around the eye were pretty flush to the eyeball, the figure has a slightly more open socket.

TF_COMP.jpg

In addition, the fleshy remains are a bit off in placement and color. The bone and tissue over the eye socket, the bleed of skin onto the charred side, and the general red of the flesh parts.

Now, to the nitpicky eye, there is a fair ammount that can be reworked on the figure, but if you don't scrutinize it, the figure is close enough to look just fine.

I find the figure quite acceptable, I'm really happy with it, but I'm an artist and I wanted to see what I could accomplish if I tried to make it match more to the film. So as not to ruin the figure, I bought a second head just for my retooling efforts.

I haven't had the chance to start the paint work yet, but I've added sculpting material to correct the areas I've mentioned.

5.jpg

The most significant difference between the figure and the film is the eye socket. In the film, the muscle and tissue around the eye were pretty flush to the eyeball, the figure has a slightly more open socket.

TF_COMP.jpg

In addition, the fleshy remains are a bit off in placement and color. The bone and tissue over the eye socket, the bleed of skin onto the charred side, and the general red of the flesh parts.

Now, to the nitpicky eye, there is a fair ammount that can be reworked on the figure, but if you don't scrutinize it, the figure is close enough to look just fine.

I find the figure quite acceptable, I'm really happy with it, but I'm an artist and I wanted to see what I could accomplish if I tried to make it match more to the film. So as not to ruin the figure, I bought a second head just for my retooling efforts.

I haven't had the chance to start the paint work yet, but I've added sculpting material to correct the areas I've mentioned.

5.jpg
The jaw bone in the film is a little higher than the skin layer

Ok I see the eye socket difference now! That is a pretty big difference too. Too bad they missed that but overall not necessary to do another figure in my opinion.

I did it without thinking all the time. Its always worked out okay for me but still use caution...

I bought a spare BR Joker suit to give to my Sideshow Perice Brosnan Bond on a Hot Toys body, and I ironed the suit to eliminate the wrinkles and it got a lot of shiny streaks on it. I think that's supposed to be a result of the fibers melting and fusing together. I just sort of flicked and buffed it out by rubbing it with my fingers and it's almost all gone.

They say you are supposed to iron with a damp cloth over it but every time i try that nothing irons and everything stays wrinkled so I'd say yeah, Iron away but be careful while doing so.

The texture of the burned side is really the most important thing they got wrong witht he Two-face. It should be more ashy.

How's the progress on this MaulFan?

Hopefully significant this weekend. I just had my first bits of time and energy to do anything creative the past couple days, so I haven't touched him since the sculpt work, but I hope to possible even finish it this weekend. Basically, I'm going to paint the bone around his eye socket, then a mix of reds and flesh tones all over the burn side, which I'll photograph, then add the blackened areas to shape the remaining flesh bits.

Here's Two-Face with the flesh and muscle tones added. I think I'm going to do the black bits tonight as well so I rushed and took flash photos, the colors look better under normal lighting.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Woah, looks great already. Are you going to go for the crispy, charred look? If so, How are you going to achieve that type of look? What type of paint method?

Stunning work...... Can't wait to see the final product with the body + suit

Back