Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm gonna run to the store and get some black die to update my capes. :)

What kind do you use , if you don't mind my asking.

I used Black rit dye. The powder not the liquid and on the stove.

Thanks... That is correct. The more you add the darker the capes will get. The only thing is I had to do it before I cut the capes because the dye and keeping them in the warm water made the edges of the fabric fray. Also you may need to iron once done.

Are you offering velvet capes for the new batman coming out? If so I would like a long velvet cape and a short velvet begins cape.

Are you offering velvet capes for the new batman coming out? If so I would like a long velvet cape and a short velvet begins cape.

haha I was just about to ask that.

You're definitely going to be getting even more business, man.

If I'm lucky enough to get one of the new Begins figures, I'll definitely be in for one of the huge begins velvet capes :)

Thanks... That is correct. The more you add the darker the capes will get. The only thing is I had to do it before I cut the capes because the dye and keeping them in the warm water made the edges of the fabric fray. Also you may need to iron once done.

Are you saying that if I dye one of my existing capes the edges will fray? :(

There is only one kind of OC cape. And it's long.

The velvet cape that is designed for the DX02 is shorter than the OC cape. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

I am using the Dark Knight long cape for my Takara:

P1110695.jpg

I have a shipment of capes going out today if anyone would like one thats going out today I still have a long velvet tdk and a short new darker material rayon spandex tdk cape.

Stuff it under the chest armor through the holes that the stock cape's clips fit in. I use a small flat-head screwdriver. Just don't stab holes through it.

Also, depending on the size of the tabs on yours you may have to push a lot of fabric under there. But don't worry, it will fit. Just keep stuffing until the "V" in the back looks right.

Just a heads up... I know there is a new begins batman coming out. For those of you that have the chance to purchase this once preorders start and want a custom begins cape I bought a bunch more material. The begins capes will be 30 dollars shipped anywhere via paypal gift.

Back