Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have hesitated about these capes for a long time... even after seeing how great they look on some of the figures here. But man, now that I have them in hand, they are more than worth it. I am a little bit hard to impress and these impress me both in quality and craftsmanship. You did a great job buddy ;)

Cool, thanks, looking forward to it.

Y'know its funny the effect of a sig image - I read all your posts in my head using the Joker's calmer, less manic voice from the mob meeting.

I recently just thought of an idea I am going to try. I really like the deep black of the velvet material, but to me I just dont think it is in scale. So I am going to buy some rayon spandex material and experiment with dyeing it to get it as black as possible. I am getting another OC bats soon so I will share pics when it is done, but I love the way the rayon capes flow I just hate the color, so I will try dyeing a batch and see how it turns out.

That really appeals to me as I much prefer the rayon to the velvet and have been wanting a begins cape, just not velvet. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with mate.

I already have some rayon material I can experiment with so I will go out today and get the dye along with a few other things. I think it will turn out great, my only concern is once I dye the fabric I dont want the fabric to fray. I will post some pics later today after I find out. As much as i like the velvet I just dont find it to be in scale.

Cool keen to see how it turns out - I agree the velvet is now that great in terms of scale but overall i still love the look it gives, ESPECIALLY on the OC Batman.

I'm sure though that somewhere out there there is finer scale velvet material too, but look fwd to see what you come up with

so far so good. I took some before shots and I will take after shots but the material looks much darker and more inky black, only time will tell.

here is the fabric after just the first dye. The velvet is on the left and the pre dyed rayon/spandex is on the right. This is what I used before for the capes and use for the vader capes.
IMG_1120.jpg

Here is a shot of the dyed fabric on the top and the un dyed fabric on the bottom. Since it worked I will do a large amount of fabric and dye the fabric a few times to make sure it is as dark as possible.
IMG_1124.jpg

I used the same lighting for both under a flash to make sure it is a fair assessment.

I have a lforigno cape on my TDK Bats and I've been happy with it. It makes a big difference in how it drapes and I like the color much better.

I look forward to whatever you cook up for Superman.

Back