Count Dooku PF @ SDCC 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious if anyone has tried 'folding over' the 2 sides of the cape around to the back to display Dooku in more of his 'combat' look? I'd like to know what it looks like as that's what I have in mind for him when I get him.

Dooku_vs_yoda.jpg

episode_3_count_dooku_lucas.jpg

story59ta.jpg

Wow!!!

That is god-awful!!!!!

Seriously, that has only the slightest resemblance to Christopher Lee. They got it pretty much right with the "Yoda vs. Dooku" diorama, and Hasbro's 12 inch figure looks more like Lee than that thing!!! :sick

I showed it to my wife and she said said that she thinks it looks like Dan Akroyd from Nothing But Trouble; not sure I agree with her, but I thought it was a funny comment.

I just love necro-quoting when the tendancy is for people to freak out over the first promotional images and then salivate over the production version.
I almost think that sub-stadard preview images are on purpose just to make the reaction to the production pieces that much better.
-theropod

I just love necro-quoting when the tendancy is for people to freak out over the first promotional images and then salivate over the production version.
I almost think that sub-stadard preview images are on purpose just to make the reaction to the production pieces that much better.
-theropod

Wrong....look at the preview pictures again, it is a completely different sculpt. They resculpted the head because of the negative feedback and now we have a much better likeness.

If you are going to necro-quote me, please do all of the quotes because if I recall correctly (and I may be wrong), I said numerous times that I didn't think the sculpt was that bad. It isn't like I blasted it like most other people did. Even in the quote, I said that I am not sure I agree with my wife's opinion. :peace

No exclusive, no worth on EBAY.
I completely disagree! Search any other Sideshow item and there are tons of regular versions available for preorder and/available right when they are released. The lack of Count Dooku on eBay stumps me considering it is still available on Sideshow and alot of other online vendors.

Last edited:
I just got him opened up and I cant get his saber to light up. Anyone have any suggestion.

I had the same problem. I switched out the batteries with new ones and it worked fine. Not sure if it was just the connection with the included batteries or what, but switching them worked like a charm. Good luck!

Yeah that sculpt was definitely changed for the better. I think some people overreacted to it, but it was definitely a weak sculpt. I know I was very disappointed when I saw it and I'm usually pretty laid back about these things. As I recall alot of people who are usually pretty laid back and not complainers were disappointed by it.

I just got him opened up and I cant get his saber to light up. Anyone have any suggestion.

You took the plastic tab out of the battery compartment?

Sometimes giggling where the saber plugs in helps or making sure he's all the way on the base and the connections are good.

I got my Dooku today number 44! WOW! It's spot on Christopher Lee what I GREAT PF!!!!! The sculpt and pose outstanding! Bring on the Episode III Obi-Wan so I can pose these two and Anakin together! Here's a few quick pics:

DSC01856.JPG
DSC01851.JPG
DSC01852.JPG
DSC01862.JPG
DSC01847.JPG

very nice dude! SS did a great job with this one and given the tiny edition size, I think this guy will be very tough to find down the road.

Finally had time to open mine yesterday. I think he's great. I love the pose and I think the sculpt looks just fine. I've got to figure out a way to futz the pants on mine though. They're bunched up. Any suggestions?

I have one coming from Darkfigures.com. I actually think this may be hard to find down the road also (which will mean it can actually hold its retail value); especially considering that the quality seems to be surpassing everyone's expectations. Show me any other Star Wars pf that has a total ES of 750.

Do I think it will skyrocket in price? No, but I don't think any of the other Star Wars PFs have a total ES this low.

i think his boots are still way too short, and his long tunic + short boots makes him look like a midget to me.....

Back