Count Dooku PF @ SDCC 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same reaction to the original prototype Indiana, in fact I didn't even order it when it first went up because I was so disappointed. And it was one I was really looking forward to as well. I'm glad they improved it.

Looks very good to me.

sdcc2009_sideshow_starwars_31.jpg

Sure does. Wish I had the $$ for this guy now.

I gave in, against my pocketbook, and pre-ordered. I think it's a great likeness of Dooku. He'll look great next to Anakin. I wonder if his head comes off.....

I gave in, against my pocketbook, and pre-ordered. I think it's a great likeness of Dooku. He'll look great next to Anakin. I wonder if his head comes off.....

That's where mine is going on the shelf too! At least until they release a ROTS Obi-Wan!...Heck, maybe I'll display the three of them like the beginning duel in ROTS! :D

C'mon already, been watching eBay to see if any preorders pop up there so I can use my eBay bucks ($30) and the Bing discount. With this shipping in two weeks, I was betting that there would be tons on there already. :mad:

Wondering if I should have preordered via Alterego.

There's just something "off" with the Sideshow one. Just like with the Hasbro Jango Fett, I'm going to give credit where credit is due. I will look for the clothes and accessories to go with my hasbro sculpt. They are done really well. With a little paint mod, it'll be spot on. From the nose up, the sideshow sculpt is off, IMHO.

Last edited:
I can see what you mean, the top of his head isn't quite narrow enough. I still think its better than the Hasbro one though. The level of detail is far superior.

I think its the eye area...the SS pupils look too light and so do the eyebrows. Cover this section up and you will see it..or just look at this photoshop quickie. I darkened the eyes and reduced the caterpillar brows.

Last edited:
Also theres too much hair on top..but I aint about to start smackin on Christopher Lee.

Pupil and eye brow color is just too finely detailed for me. I guess for me there are three levels of sculpt. "Who is the guy dressed as Dooku", "Hey, that's Count Dooku", and "That looks just like Christopher Lee". This falls in the second.

Would someone like to be my sponsor and float me the $$ to buy this one??? I'll be more than willing to make and wear a T-shirt that states "I'm somebodies' Bit$h."

Anyone know when the ship date for this is? I have been watching eBay for any to pop up and nothing. I have near $30 in eBay bucks that expires on 2/8 that I was hoping to spend on him and everywhere else is sold out. :confused:

Back