Prop Conan the Barbarian Atlantean Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was aware that your comment was probably in fun. BUT I really do wish I could put the Sword, poster, and PF all near each other.:(

It's ok I'll show you my display once I can get the stupid poster to arrive ! :nana:

Anybody who's read the Howard books, or even the comics would agree, this isn't Conan:

Jason%20Momoa%20Autograph%20Stargate.jpg

But that's who they saw fit to cast as him. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Do the math :lol:

conan-the-barberian.jpg

The only thing I can vouch for with Captain Gay Hawaiian Man is from the forehead to the chin he reminds me of the comic book Conan.

Plus apparently they're sticking with a strong "R" rating bc some new set shots have him surrounded by boobs in a tavern...but yeah I'm getting a Xena/Hercules vibe from it. Still hoping for the best.

The above photo is not really fair. I know almost everyone has seen these but they give me hope. He is still a tad small but from what I understand this is Conan in his younger days. Also Dark horse comics draws Conan at about the same size.

I would like it if he were bigger but his face looks spot on IMO.

I thought The Rock, Dwayne Johnson, would have been the perfect as a Marvel comics Ernie Chan Style Conan

conan-2011-first-official-photo-james-momoa.jpg

Conan-2011-3-550x366.jpg

conan_2011_momoa_in_action.jpg

conan.jpg

The Perfect Conan. But I can understand why he would stay away from fantasy after the whole Mummy/Scorpian King crap.

Dwayne%20Johnson.jpg

Conan has the bluest eyes in the land, a trait exclusive to Cimmerians and a point that Robert E. Howard continually drove home in the stories. Another point he always brought up was how much more broad-chested Conan was than pretty much everybody else he came across. Schwarzenegger was literally born for the role. Having grown up reading the source, it'll be hard for me to convert that into a Samoan playing Conan who's 2/3rds of the way to where he should be physically. Maybe this could be fixed with a steroid regiment and some blue contacts, but what I'm seeing, to me, just isn't Conan.

Mark would've been better off starring opposite Johnson in a King Kamehameha movie.

Conan has the bluest eyes in the land, a trait exclusive to Cimmerians and a point that Robert E. Howard continually drove home in the stories. Another point he always brought up was how much more broad-chested Conan was than pretty much everybody else he came across. Schwarzenegger was literally born for the role. Having grown up reading the source, it'll be hard for me to convert that into a Samoan playing Conan who's 2/3rds of the way to where he should be physically. Maybe this could be fixed with a steroid regiment and some blue contacts, but what I'm seeing, to me, just isn't Conan.

Mark would've been better off starring opposite Johnson in a King Kamehameha movie.

Arnold was the Perfect Conan. I love that film. But being that you are a fan of the books I assume that you must had problems with the Arnold film. Arnold's Conan may have looked the part but he was missing a lot of Howards spirit.

I guess my point is if the film can get the spirit of the Howard books I think I can enjoy the film. But I do agree that i wish he was bigger. I would be full on board. Also I thought his eyes looked blue in the first photo. Perhaps he is wearing contacts.

Arnold was the Perfect Conan. I love that film. But being that you are a fan of the books I assume that you must had problems with the Arnold film. Arnold's Conan may have looked the part but he was missing a lot of Howards spirit.

I guess my point is if the film can get the spirit of the Howard books I think I can enjoy the film. But I do agree that i wish he was bigger. I would be full on board. Also I thought his eyes looked blue in the first photo. Perhaps he is wearing contacts.

I always saw the first film as Conan coming into his own. Destroyer showed more of the "I'm in it for me" attitude Howard's Conan had. It's sad too. Listening to the commentary on the Collector's Edition, Schwarzenegger acknowledges that they need to do a third film "King Conan" to finish the series. Hopefully, despite the new film, that'll be a consideration since he's heading back to Hollywood.

Dear god. This thread is awesome.

I love Rohnan from Stargate by the way.

Please, keep the pictures coming.

I always saw the first film as Conan coming into his own. Destroyer showed more of the "I'm in it for me" attitude Howard's Conan had. It's sad too. Listening to the commentary on the Collector's Edition, Schwarzenegger acknowledges that they need to do a third film "King Conan" to finish the series. Hopefully, despite the new film, that'll be a consideration since he's heading back to Hollywood.

You're not....you're not alleging that "Destroyer" is a good movie, are you???

The above photo is not really fair. I know almost everyone has seen these but they give me hope. He is still a tad small but from what I understand this is Conan in his younger days. Also Dark horse comics draws Conan at about the same size.

I would like it if he were bigger but his face looks spot on IMO.

I thought The Rock, Dwayne Johnson, would have been the perfect as a Marvel comics Ernie Chan Style Conan

conan-2011-first-official-photo-james-momoa.jpg

Conan-2011-3-550x366.jpg

conan_2011_momoa_in_action.jpg

conan.jpg

The Perfect Conan. But I can understand why he would stay away from fantasy after the whole Mummy/Scorpian King crap.

Dwayne%20Johnson.jpg

Those images aren't too bad of the new Conan, but yea he needs to be a bit bigger.

Arnold had the perfect look. And hope King Conan is made.

he needs to be "weezin' on the juice............budddyyyy"..............:monkey1
images

can5.jpg

can6j_lightened.jpg

There are other photos out there of Conan drinking with some naked tavern wenches but it's against the rules to post them so you will have to go looking yourself.

Last edited:
You're not....you're not alleging that "Destroyer" is a good movie, are you???

I think he is saying that Arnold's Conan started to be a little more like the Conan from Robert E Howard's writings.

Nobody can say that destroyer is a good movie;)

Exactly. Never was a fan of the Robert Jordan books. However, the one thing Destroyer had going for it was that Conan was more selfish, uncaring, and there was nobody there physically, who competed. All aspects of Howard's Conan.

I enjoyed Destroyer. It's not as good as Barbarian, but it is no where near as bad as sheeple on here say. It's closer to the adventures from the REH books.

I liked Destroyer too. Sure it's full a some cheese, but it looks slick and is fun to watch.

I enjoyed Destroyer. It's not as good as Barbarian, but it is no where near as bad as sheeple on here say. It's closer to the adventures from the REH books.

Conan the Destroyer is only a small step above Red Sonja. Destroyer KILLED the Arnold Conan films. Sure there was plenty of "adventure" but there was lots of cheese to go with that. Tracey Walter and Grace Jones are like having two JAR JAR Binks. They ruined Mako's character also.

But hey it's cool you like it. Just watch who you are calling sheep;) This is not the film to really go out on a limb and just assume people are sheep because they don't like it.

Back