Prop Conan the Barbarian Atlantean Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol

Yea i remember that part, her ass was all covered in white sand too..gaaarrroosss.

You know what the best part about the new Conan film is?

We should get the original Conan on Blu ray. Hopefully with the films musical score in 5.1 surround.

Best Soundtrack ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what the best part about the new Conan film is?

We should get the original Conan on Blu ray. Hopefully with the films musical score in 5.1 surround.

Best Soundtrack ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's actually another thing I prefer about Destroyer. I liked the soundtrack better than the original (but refuse to pay $100+ for it :lol).

I'm willing to give the new Conan flick a chance... but it just seems unlikely that it will be better than the movie, or live up to Howard's writings.

I will say the actor is looking more Conan-like, but I still think a stockier build and a harder face would have been preferrable.

That's actually another thing I prefer about Destroyer. I liked the soundtrack better than the original (but refuse to pay $100+ for it :lol).

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

First off much of the Destroyer soundtrack is just the same score as the original only with a smaller orchestra.

Second. What new music there is cannot compare with Anvil of Crom, Riders of Doom, gift of Fury, Wheel of Pain, Theology, and the Orgy.

Third. If you can't tell I am just shocked by your statement. But I only rant like this because the Original Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is one of my top 3 favorite albums of all time. I remember laughing at the Destroyer soundtrack when I saw it in theaters back when I was 13. They played that other rendition of Anvil of Crom and I started to laugh. The new main hero/Conan theme is childish at best.

Fourth. It's cool that you like the soundtrack. I have the Destroyer soundtrack. Contact me and perhaps I can figure a way to get the tracks to you online. Or if you just look for it you can find a way to download it via torrents or Blogs.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

First off much of the Destroyer soundtrack is just the same score as the original only with a smaller orchestra.

Second. What new music there is cannot compare with Anvil of Crom, Riders of Doom, gift of Fury, Wheel of Pain, Theology, and the Orgy.

Third. If you can't tell I am just shocked by your statement. But I only rant like this because the Original Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is one of my top 3 favorite albums of all time. I remember laughing at the Destroyer soundtrack when I saw it in theaters back when I was 13. They played that other rendition of Anvil of Crom and I started to laugh. The new main hero/Conan theme is childish at best.

Fourth. It's cool that you like the soundtrack. I have the Destroyer soundtrack. Contact me and perhaps I can figure a way to get the tracks to you online. Or if you just look for it you can find a way to download it via torrents or Blogs.

While essentially the same, the horns and percussion just seem slower, louder and bolder with the strings being sharper and more raw. I dunno, it just seems more epic to me. And since this is completely out of character, I will just resort back to good ol' Nam and say that both rock I just think Destroyer's rocks a teensy weensy bit more. :lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pul_QWvzB0M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

While essentially the same, the horns and percussion just seem slower, louder and bolder with the strings being sharper and more raw. I dunno, it just seems more epic to me. And since this is completely out of character, I will just resort back to good ol' Nam and say that both rock I just think Destroyer's rocks a teensy weensy bit more. :lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pul_QWvzB0M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Just a heads up. That youtube clip is Anvil of Crom from the original Conan the Barbarian. I think you may have your soundtracks messed up. Everything you said about the percussion and strings is true about the original Conan soundtrack. The Anvil of Crom theme used in Conan the Destroyer was faster and not as heavey with the percussion. Add to that that the Youtube you posted was the original film with a Destroyer poster I think I can assume that you are thinking of the original films soundtrack.

Like I said Destroyer had a much smaller orchastra. Thus the Original Conan would sound bigger, louder, and fuller.

Here is music from Conan the Destroyer. At the 53 second mark the Anvil of Crom theme starts. You can hear that it is faster and not as powerful as the track you posted. So I think you love the original more also. So you are cool again in my book ;);)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q_SROxzubik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol :lol :lol

To me Destroyer does not exist... I can understand the argument that it is a bit more like the Howard Stories, but its still a terrible movie.

Here is music from Conan the Destroyer. At the 53 second mark the Anvil of Crom theme starts. You can hear that it is faster and not as powerful as the track you posted. So I think you love the original more also. So you are cool again in my book ;);)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q_SROxzubik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Isn't there more cello play in the beginning of the Destroyer soundtrack? I haven't found my good speakers yet - still unpacking :lol - so if that was the wrong YouTube vid, it's my bad.

Finally got my Conan display up. I'll be adding to it later probably, but this is what it is for now

003-8.jpg

002-6.jpg

Back