Comic-Con 2009 Tickets Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If rental car, then you'll have to fight the traffic for parking space (and they're not free).

For the past 2 years we've been parking at the lot just beyond Hall H for $10/day, no hassles w/traffic. There have been 4 of using the car, so it is pretty much same cost as public transit.

For McHavyck:

If you're not going to be within walking distance, and/or are going to skip the rental car route, try to find a hotel near the trolley line. Trolley rides are $2.50 one way, and there is a stop across the street from the Convention Center.

For the past 2 years we've been parking at the lot just beyond Hall H for $10/day, no hassles w/traffic. There have been 4 of using the car, so it is pretty much same cost as public transit.

For McHavyck:

If you're not going to be within walking distance, and/or are going to skip the rental car route, try to find a hotel near the trolley line. Trolley rides are $2.50 one way, and there is a stop across the street from the Convention Center.

Thanks for the advice BeachBum!! We'll have to look into that!:duff

To Loki and BadMoon - Are you just going for the 'Con or are you going to be there longer? I thought I heard Loki say he was also going for a week.

Don't forget that many of the hotels will be on the free shuttle route to and from the Convention Center. The waits really aren't too bad and it usually doesn't take too long to get to where you are going, except maybe at rush hour, but even then, it's better than walking after a full day at the Con!

Fracking right!

We're planning on trying to stay for a whole week so we can do some other stuff while we're out there.

Me too. I wanna hit the zoo and the beach and other ^^^^ before the crazyness of the con

Whole week for me. As I said though. Strictly a boys week out for me. :banana

Heather found a good deal through Priceline, but it will only work if you and Loki book it together.

she will PM you tomorrow with the details.

with the flight and airfair it came out to be $711 per person for the both of you for the week flying out of BWI.
the hotel is 5 miles away from the center. and if we all go out together, we can split of the rental car.

i will call the hotel tomorrow to see if they have a shuttle...that way maybe we can avoid the car completely.

hope it's not an issue that i am bringing my family. i want to enjoy this with them as well...but they will not interfere with me doing stuff with the Brotherhood.

and i don't expect anyone other than Mrs. Mac to babysit HM.

Last edited:
Heather found a good deal through Priceline, but it will only work if you and Loki book it together.

with the flight and airfair it came out to be $711 per person for the both of you for the week flying out of BWI.
the hotel is 5 miles away from the center. and if we all go out together, we can split of the rental car.

i will call the hotel tomorrow to see if they have a shuttle...that way maybe we can avoid the car completely.

hope it's not an issue that i am bringing my family. i want to enjoy this with them as well...but they will not interfere with me doing stuff with the Brotherhood.

and i don't expect anyone other than Mrs. Mac to babysit HM.

I am just busting your balls. I think it's great if you can bring everyone. :D

While I do appreciate it. I've pretty much got where I want to stay in mind. They just don't book until 6 months before. I just don't want to stay that far from the Convention Center and the Gas Lamp district which is where everything happens at night.

While I do appreciate it. I've pretty much got where I want to stay in mind. They just don't book until 6 months before. I just don't want to stay that far from the Convention Center and the Gas Lamp district which is where everything happens at night.

In Loki I trust. :lecture

I also though do appreciate the offer. :rock

That's cool.
what's the name of the hotel?

edit: never mind. just checked the prices in the Gas Lamp district. since we are not splitting the cost of the room with anyone (and there are 3 of us) we can't swing a week there. we'll stick with the one 5 miles away. :D

Last edited:
:woo :woo
a week in sunny San Diego booked and paid for!
the hotel is 1/2 a mile from the convention center.

it's on!!

Back