Comic-Con 2009 Tickets Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A close place to stay is the Hard Rock Hotel. I'm sure it's a little pricey but it's about a 2 minute walk to the convention center, plus if you walk the other way then there are some very good resterants and pubs. :duff
I plan on staying there next year, there is no real need for a rental car that way.

Nope just about 2 grand for the hotel though.

A close place to stay is the Hard Rock Hotel. I'm sure it's a little pricey but it's about a 2 minute walk to the convention center, plus if you walk the other way then there are some very good resterants and pubs. :duff
I plan on staying there next year, there is no real need for a rental car that way.

Thanks, but BOOKED!!!:banghead

$75 is what they were this year so I don't know why you guys are surprised/angry about that. I just wish they'd limit it to 100,000. 125,000+ is WAY too many people going!

$20 dollars more, the heck? Is it due to all the tickets that were being scalped on ebay last year? In truth, I hope it's for more added security with all the "stolen item" stories i've read.

I'm hoping it clears some space in the con. $20 bucks is a heck of a jump

I need a place to say now. :lecture Ima be homeless in San Diego.

You have one offer.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Got a room booked for me and a few freaks and now this so I'm good except a flight.

$75 is what they were this year so I don't know why you guys are surprised/angry about that. I just wish they'd limit it to 100,000. 125,000+ is WAY too many people going!

It was $75 if you didn't PO early I'm pretty sure it was cheaper before that. I think.

What does the Hard Rock charge a night?
I just called they said that they are not taking reservations yet nor do they know the rates but for this last con they said that a standard room started at $245 a night. Also from my understanding all the VIPs get first dibs and if they have any more available they they will offer them to everyone else. The rooms look cool though check em' out.
https://www.hardrockhotelsd.com/accommodations/hard-rock-suites

No, they were $55 for months before it jumped to $75 for last year. I guess that was their way of preparing people for the new price.

Looks like places with rooms are selling out already that aren't gonna be part of the con. Damn this event is gonna be nuttier than ever next year.

During the Con the Hard Rock will be the same price as all the other nearby hotels which are about $400 a night. If you get it with the con discount in January hotels can drop to the low $200's a night. 5-6 miles away and you get down to $100 a night and lower.

How long does it take till the tickets usually sell out? I plan to go in '09....don't have the money right now, I didn't know the tickets go on sale this early.

Wow, I didn't realize it started this early. Gotta see whether or not I'm going for the whole time or just a couple of days. Either way better book a room to be safe.

I don't give a ^^^^, I'm gonna be there next year as well. This past SDCC was easily one of the best times I've ever had. I'll get my tickets this week and work on a place and flight early next year.

I said I wouldn't miss it next year and I mean business. :rock

IMG_0923.jpg

Looks like places with rooms are selling out already that aren't gonna be part of the con. Damn this event is gonna be nuttier than ever next year.

Yeah I know. :google

I booked my room a few weeks ago after the dates were announced. :D

Most hotels though aren't even taking reservations yet but the few who were are already filling up. I was lucky and got a hotel less than a mile away. :rock

I can't wait. This will be my first trip to San Diego. :banana

Back