Comic-Con 2009 Tickets Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right I called the Manchester. They DO have availability just not on the Preview Night. They do have reservations from the 23-26 at a $404 rate.

It looks like it happens earlier and earlier every year. Next year they are going to have Hotel booths and ticket sales for the 2011 SDCC. :lol

It looks like it happens earlier and earlier every year. Next year they are going to have Hotel booths and ticket sales for the 2011 SDCC. :lol

They used to sell advance tickets for the following SDCC on the last day of the present Con, and for even cheaper than the advance internet prices. I wonder if they still do that.

They used to sell advance tickets for the following SDCC on the last day of the present Con, and for even cheaper than the advance internet prices. I wonder if they still do that.

They were selling advance tickets this year for next, but I never bothered to interupt my schedule to go to the booth and buy. Plus I never know if I can make it, although I have not missed in five years. The Con is out of control though.

Very happy my friends live three trolley stops up the road above the airport and I can stay with them every year. I hope they never move. I certainly could not afford $400 per night...

:rolleyes:

All right I called the Manchester. They DO have availability just not on the Preview Night. They do have reservations from the 23-26 at a $404 rate.

Thanks Mike for that tidbit. Acted on it this morning and was able to get a room for 23-26 July. (Better than none :D)

Staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. You can call and see if they have rooms left.

Glad you've got step one done on getting to SDCC.

i think we are doing the Shatner route and going through Priceline for the airfare and hotel.

Mark my (and others' probably) words.....if you do it thru Priceline or any other travel engine, you most likely will not get anything closer than 1/2 mile away. Then you'll have to consider taxis or rental car (unless you don't mind walking over 1/2 mile when you're bone tired and your feet are beyond pain...they're numb stumps). If rental car, then you'll have to fight the traffic for parking space (and they're not free).

Just sayin'. :eek:

Mark my (and others' probably) words.....if you do it thru Priceline or any other travel engine, you most likely will not get anything closer than 1/2 mile away. Then you'll have to consider taxis or rental car (unless you don't mind walking over 1/2 mile when you're bone tired and your feet are beyond pain...they're numb stumps). If rental car, then you'll have to fight the traffic for parking space (and they're not free).

Just sayin'. :eek:

Thanks for the info, Wetanut!

We're planning on doing a rental car or taxi so my wife and step-son can so other things while we're there (the zoo and Seaworld).

Back