Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Database Website interest?

I am very excited about this. My brother asked me this weekend about cataloging all my stuff ! I was like oh yeah !!!!!

You guys can be the first on the list, along with Bam. I will probably be looking for 10 to start but I will post more on that as it gets closer.

I was just solicited by collectorsproof.com - they do exactly what you're suggesting.

I was just solicited by collectorsproof.com - they do exactly what you're suggesting.

collapse-building.jpg

l think it's not a bad idea. l think showing the price you paid for each item is personal though, unless you want to brag.:lol

You guys can be the first on the list, along with Bam. I will probably be looking for 10 to start but I will post more on that as it gets closer.

:clap

<----------- VIP

:dunno

l think it's not a bad idea. l think showing the price you paid for each item is personal though, unless you want to brag.:lol

Well. I think he can code that to be private and just for the owner to see on their screen.

Also a nice touch would be to incorporate a pulling process that would give you the current going price for a piece next to your paid price (like from that statue site that gives you an average current value).

Just curious what the advantage would be over just creating your own excel sheet and keeping it? I've been keeping my own database of my collectibles for a few years now, but its just backed up on my computer and other places in case one goes down completely :lol

Excel sheet = old school

Collection database website = sexy

:1-1:

Meh, I signed up, they really don't do what I am working now. This is geared towards general collectibles and it seems to be way to specific for what I am looking to do. The idea is similar but they are much broader which could be seen as a good thing to some people but not what I want my site for.

My site is geared more towards the statue, toy, action figure collector with an emphasis on people who do customizations or collect customized toys or like to bash their own creations. It will handle more generic stuff but also handle the details that this site doesn't seem to do, at least not now. Like edition sizes and cost.

Just curious what the advantage would be over just creating your own excel sheet and keeping it? I've been keeping my own database of my collectibles for a few years now, but its just backed up on my computer and other places in case one goes down completely :lol

Excel sheet = old school

Collection database website = sexy

:1-1:

Obviously if that system works for you then great but this will allow you to keep a record online, upload your own photo of your collectible, give you statics on your collections and maybe a better way to look at your data. To each their own though for sure.

What I think will be cool is for people in the 1/6th world who like to bash stuff, I plan on incorporating features that allow you to select what each part is and where you got it from so you can keep your own record or easily share bashes.

Also I will make what you paid for a collectible at first private and then eventually it will be a profile setting.

See.... Something Sexy's making us ... well something sexy :D

Can you like stock photos ? That could be a plus also.

Back