Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Database Website interest?

Very cool, especially for insurance purposes. I'd be interested as well.

do you see this being something where collectors keep their collection private or they share with the public?

i like the idea of seeing what other people own more so than just keeping track of my own collection.

If its kinda a shared thing, how about for a name "Community Chest" or "Community Toy Chest" and use the old Monopoly logo.

community_chest_3.jpg
E

edit: Meh...someone is already using community toy chest for a name. https://www.toychest.org.uk/

I haven't mapped out all of the privacy stuff. I think your collection will be definitely be public to other members but maybe the user can decide whether or not they want it public/private to non-members.

I agree, one of the reasons I wanted to do this was to view other peoples collections and collectibles. Especially customs and what they did to make that custom.

I think I am calling it Collection Stash.

Updates to come soon hopefully sometime this week.

Anyone have thoughts on the best way to organize exclusives or variants? I was originally thinking of making them separate collectibles via view and database storage but now I am thinking maybe a variant or exclusive would be a subset of the main? Would have to link them somehow.

Attachments

• kaylee1.jpg
    kaylee1.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 28
  • kaylee2.jpg
    kaylee2.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 29
  • kaylee3.jpg
    kaylee3.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 28
  • kaylee4.jpg
    kaylee4.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 25
  • jayne1.jpg
    jayne1.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 26
  • jayne2.jpg
    jayne2.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 26
  • jayne3.jpg
    jayne3.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 26
  • jayne4.jpg
    jayne4.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 27

Well I thought about just marking with exclusive or variant but then they user would have to re-enter most of the same information over again. I was thinking more about it last night.

If it is a variant/exclusive...would search to find the regular version, then link that to the variant they are creating. Then they would enter information about what makes it exclusive...yadda yadda. This way there is only ONE set of core data and then the exclusive/variant is just a subset of the regular.

Make sense?

For people still interested. I am still working on this bad boy about a couple hours a day for 4 or 5 days a week. A lot of going back and redoing some things and trying to add as much stuff up front as I can. I still have a lot to get done, mainly still with the UI. Working with a couple boardies on ideas and some product/collectible help.

I am hoping to be in closed beta by the end of the year with an open beta after that.

For people still interested. I am still working on this bad boy about a couple hours a day for 4 or 5 days a week. A lot of going back and redoing some things and trying to add as much stuff up front as I can. I still have a lot to get done, mainly still with the UI. Working with a couple boardies on ideas and some product/collectible help.

I am hoping to be in closed beta by the end of the year with an open beta after that.

sweet :hi5:

I am digging the Stash though. Collection Stash or Collectible Stash. I don't want to lock it into Statue since I want to open it up to shirts and poster/prints.

Collection Stash sounds cool to me. :D

Groovy! :hi5: Keep us posted! :wave

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the final product.

thats great dude. I hope everything comes out good :)

just a little idea,

not sure if somebody already posted it, didnt read all the pages but

for example Venom comiquette has a AEN code on the box

and it should be the same for every venom comiquette(perhaps not the exclusive).

so my idea is to creat a database that has all these code's

so if you have bought a Venom comiquette you just fill in the code and it searches the database for the matching number. then it just downloads the data and perhaps a few pictures of the box and statue.

so right from the start you already have most of the information , edition size. and all you have to do is add the things that are personal to everyone like edition number where you bought it and how much you payed for it.

because there are allot of statue's there will be allot of numbers. so like in dvd profiler, the user's create the database. all you have to do is find a few people that will help you that review any new number or change of information . and when its approved it gets into the database.

so the idea is kinda the same as dvd profiler.

perhaps you already thought about it :)

anyway keep up the good work!

Thanks for the support and info. That is pretty much exactly how it will work. You will search on a collectible by name or product code and then be able to add that collectible to what I am calling your stash. If a collectible does not exist you will be able to submit it once it is reviewed and approved you will be notified then you can add it. It might have a setting that will auto add it to your stash once approved.

As far as the number to search on. I am not sure what the AEN is but for sideshow I plan on using the product codes that they have for each collectilbe. Looking at ssc site the item number for venom comiquette is 68331.

If there is a different number you might potentially want me to include let me know.

its the barcode number. this way you can add not only SS products but bowen also. everything thats produced has this barcode number. and the entire product line should have the same number. but product code is good also. that way its more easy to find the exclusive

its the barcode number. this way you can add not only SS products but bowen also. everything thats produced has this barcode number. and the entire product line should have the same number. but product code is good also. that way its more easy to find the exclusive

Ah yea you are talking about the UPC. I can definitely add the UPC as a field and make it searchable. That and the product code and the name should work out pretty well.

I do plan on having the ability to add SSC, Hot Toys, Bowen and 3A to start out of the gate.

what about AP's and rare stuff like that?

I went back and fourth with this for a while. The current design is things like Exclusives and repaints and stuff are all called Variants. A variant will be a subset of a collectible. It should keep things cleaner and hopefully simpler than having to re add a whole new collectible. Certain variants like exclusives and complete repaints (think Black and White Elektra) should have unique item codes and UPC where APs probably won't.

If there are other things I am missing, besides exclusive versions, variants (color changes, etc.) and AP let me know and I can figure out how to fit them in.

As far as APs are concerned, instead of making that it's own collectible. I might make that a check box or something you select when you are adding that collectible to your stash. Since you will be able to input your edition number of the collectible and cost and your own image I am thinking you can also select if this is an AP instead of entering an edition number.

Any updates with this? I was intrigued by the idea.

Still working on it. Bam is almost done with the logo for the site and I am working on finalizing the UI right now.

So far what is fully working is:
  • Registration / login
  • Submitting a collectible to be added to the database (with email alerts)
  • admin review and approval
  • creating/editing/removing a stash
  • adding collectibles to a stash inputting cost and edition size
  • Basic full text searching

What needs to be done before I go into beta:
  • Complete error handling and field validation
  • Finalize UI
  • basic browser testing

Enhancements that need to be done before going live

• Submitting edits to collectibles
  • more info to be added for your specific collectible
  • uploading your own images once added to your stash
  • gallery view
  • add filters for the search

Future Enhancements
  • Being able to add custom figures and bashes
  • Handle other collectibles like posters and prints
    (I have a huge list but not on this computer, update later)

^^^ Now that the logo and the color scheme is almost done...I'm really excited for this!!! :rock

Back