Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Database Website interest?

Sounds kewl.

I keep track of everything on a excel sheet. Company, product and how much I paid.

Sounds like some good progress SS. I'm in if it works well. I still think adding more modules down the line will be great.

Sounds cool to me, SS! Keep us posted. :D

I'm down for it...toytracker barely updates anything

Sounds kewl.

I keep track of everything on a excel sheet. Company, product and how much I paid.

Sounds like some good progress SS. I'm in if it works well. I still think adding more modules down the line will be great.

Thanks for the interesting. Hopefully it works well. Haha. I will keep this thread posted with a status from time to time or to bounce features off everyone.

I still need a name though.

:rotfl:rotfl

You were yelling at me about my copy right with Lucas. I am might have a problem with Detolf. :)

:/ Ur right.

Collector Junkies

The Collectors Hut

COLLETIBASE!

Toy Shack

Um.....i dunno....I'm not good with names. :/

Here is my thought on the gallery page. This is working code. Add these to my test collection and then on a gallery page they can display like this.

gallery-example.png

The idea is they look like pictures on a wall. I still need to tweak the frame images a bit. Clicking on them will bring in more detail. Eventually you can upload your own photo to replace the stock photo.

This would be the more fancy view but I plan on having a standard list view when adding and editing collectibles in your personal collection.

Here is the screenshot of the add collectible page. I think this is the UI I am going to go with for Beta.

add-collectible-example.png

Ignore the spelling mistake. :)

looks great SS!!! I mean... aesthetically no....but format yes. :lol

Geek Stash ?

Collector Stash ?

I think you are on to a good start SS. I am excited to get something I can use to record my stuff.

What kind of encryption will you use ?

Yes. To protect personal info.

Will be using the standard MD5 to hash the passwords and then every attempt will be made coding wise to make sure that no one is able to access any data they should not be. Most things will be locked down to members only. I think the only thing that will be open to the public would be the gallery page. I don't plan on during registration to be asking for too much personal data or making it a lot of that required. I will definitely be making sure things required, like emails are protected as much as possible because I hate it when my email falls into the wrong hands.

do you see this being something where collectors keep their collection private or they share with the public?

i like the idea of seeing what other people own more so than just keeping track of my own collection.

If its kinda a shared thing, how about for a name "Community Chest" or "Community Toy Chest" and use the old Monopoly logo.

community_chest_3.jpg
E

edit: Meh...someone is already using community toy chest for a name. https://www.toychest.org.uk/

Back