Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

I got a question & comment over at Weta Collectors...

Are there any instructions? Anywhere? Finding it hard to get anything or even start my stash

I'm looking for a site where I can upload and see my collection and possibly view how much they are worth or even put in a price for how much I think it is worth.

I thought everything was self-explanatory. :huh

I can give an explanation on how to add something to his Stash but maybe it might be good to have a tutorial?

I got a question & comment over at Weta Collectors...

I thought everything was self-explanatory. :huh

I can give an explanation on how to add something to his Stash but maybe it might be good to have a tutorial?

Hey Mark, yea if you could give him any instructions that would be great. The site definitely needs more directional text but I have been concentrating on everything else that I have not been able to put time into it. I can definitely start thinking about that some more.

He posted this earlier today.

Thank you for that very extensive explanation mate I do appreciate it but those icons you first point to are nowhere I can see. If you look on the screen I have here that is the screen I go to after I login. I can not press anything but discover and register. I press the contribute button and that just tells me to login again.

I also checked out the discover button and saw a lot of other collectibles but there is no acorn on any of the pages.

I believe he has registered already but I don't know his username. I asked him if he received an email confirmation, thinking that could be the problem. :huh

These items are probably noted or being worked on, but I will say them anyway.

When I click on a manufacturer and look at the pieces, there are pieces that were in my stash, but it did not show "Owned by" (It had 0).

So I added it and then had to delete it.

I think in any of these views, it would be great to have a badge or something on any given piece that says something like "This Piece is in Your Stash !" or something like that.

He posted this earlier today.

I believe he has registered already but I don't know his username. I asked him if he received an email confirmation, thinking that could be the problem. :huh

Thanks for doing that Mark!

Yea my guess is he didn't login or he didn't get the email to confirm his registration. Can you ask him what his username is and then PM and I can take a look at it and we can go from there.

These items are probably noted or being worked on, but I will say them anyway.

When I click on a manufacturer and look at the pieces, there are pieces that were in my stash, but it did not show "Owned by" (It had 0).

So I added it and then had to delete it.

I think in any of these views, it would be great to have a badge or something on any given piece that says something like "This Piece is in Your Stash !" or something like that.

Say away brother!

For the "Owned by", I decided not to run a script to update those after the fact, you are correct in the sense that you have to add it and remove it to show owned by, but if anyone does it, it will update it for all. I figured we are still small so at this point it won't be a big deal, better chance for it getting updated as new people join and add collectibles.

I agree about your second one, I have it planned for the next release or the one after.

Say away brother!

For the "Owned by", I decided not to run a script to update those after the fact, you are correct in the sense that you have to add it and remove it to show owned by, but if anyone does it, it will update it for all. I figured we are still small so at this point it won't be a big deal, better chance for it getting updated as new people join and add collectibles.

I agree about your second one, I have it planned for the next release or the one after.

Personally I think you should have run the script. Just saying. :wave

I think the Owned badge is a must to avoid annoying duplication.

Thanks for doing that Mark!

Yea my guess is he didn't login or he didn't get the email to confirm his registration. Can you ask him what his username is and then PM and I can take a look at it and we can go from there.

No problem. :D

I'll ask his user name and get back to you.

Chugging along, I was hoping to get the stash ordering and collectible tag updates done today but I had to do some rework to the edit process to make it a little cleaner, hopefully this weekend!

Also, I think tomorrow is a good day to take some updated shots of my stuff and get them on my account.

Tyler, PM sent. :D

A member at Weta Collectors mentioned comic books...will the Stash be adding those at some point?

I am definitely not going to rule it out. That would be a little lower on the list but I don't see why not because I am designing it in a way to support anything collectible. However, I love comics but that is definitely not my expertise. I would need to do a lot of research and probably need some help from the community.

I still have one collectible I submitted pending.

Haha, damn. I thought I found all of yours. Which one is pending still?

Also, I think tomorrow is a good day to take some updated shots of my stuff and get them on my account.

Do it! :D

I need to take some updated pics of my stuff for my Stash too. :D

Yes you do!

Back