Cobra Kai

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show just keeps getting more ridiculous :lol
I agree. I felt like season 3 was leading into it all wrapping up in season 4, yet they've found contrived ways to extend it for another season and milk the cow further. It wasn't terrible, but for me it was the weakest season, especially with how it ended.

I agree. I felt like season 3 was leading into it all wrapping up in season 4, yet they've found contrived ways to extend it for another season and milk the cow further. It wasn't terrible, but for me it was the weakest season, especially with how it ended.
I’m just watching it because it’s funny at this point. Just a bunch of old men stuck in the past, none of the characters are likeable because their beef is so ridiculous, it’s ******* karate :lol

I’m just watching it because it’s funny at this point. Just a bunch of old men stuck in the past, none of the characters are likeable because their beef is so ridiculous, it’s ******* karate :lol

Have you ever competed in sports/contests etc? Ever watched them on TV? The people involved tend to take it very seriously.

Have you ever competed in sports/contests etc? Ever watched them on TV? The people involved tend to take it very seriously.
These people are assaulting eachother over a karate competition, it just comes across as pathetic. People in real life that get into physical fights over sports etc. are equally as pathetic :lol

These people are assaulting eachother over a karate competition, it just comes across as pathetic. People in real life that get into physical fights over sports etc. are equally as pathetic :lol

Yes but it's a show about karate so what did you expect? Civil discourse and the occasional heated argument to settle any conflict that might arise?

Yes but it's a show about karate so what did you expect? Civil discourse and the occasional heated argument to settle any drama that might arise?
Yeah but it's the way that they do it. The show was decent at first but now it's just ridiculous nostalgia bait for people that love the movies. Bunch of old men that get off on belittiling children and making them fight their battles :lol

Cobra Kai get pranked with a sprinkler and then immedietly start plotting revenge and the first idea blurted out is a home invasion.
Guy straight out of juvie is pinning someone down and cutting their hair off, good way to go straight back to juvie.

It's a comedy at this point.

I dunno man, I'm well aware it's often ridiculous but I can't help but enjoy every minute. Unless it gets dramatically more absurd I expect to continue enjoying it. Last night I left off at the cliffhanger where Kreese and Silver show up at Miyagi-dojo.

People in real life have gotten into all sorts of criminal activity up to and including murder over all sorts of things that they are fans/obsessed over. It's not something that is just in fiction, or just in sports.

People in real life have gotten into all sorts of criminal activity up to and including murder over all sorts of things that they are fans/obsessed over. It's not something that is just in fiction, or just in sports.
I am well aware of that, my point is that I don't like people in real life like that so I don't find any of the characters in this show endearing. They're a bunch of losers, and I collect dollies.

I'm watching the show as if it's satire, and so I'm enjoying it in my own way.

I am well aware of that, my point is that I don't like people in real life like that so I don't find any of the characters in this show endearing. They're a bunch of losers, and I collect dollies.

I'm watching the show as if it's satire, and so I'm enjoying it in my own way.

So you don't like the old school Kung Fu movies? I've found a lot of what they do in Cobra Kai similar to those.

I dunno man, I'm well aware it's often ridiculous but I can't help but enjoy every minute. Unless it gets dramatically more absurd I expect to continue enjoying it. Last night I left off at the cliffhanger where Kreese and Silver show up at Miyagi-dojo.

I no-lifed the whole season yesterday.

So you don't like the old school Kung Fu movies? I've found a lot of what they do in Cobra Kai similar to those.
None come to mind, I can't even remember any that I've watched honestly, but it'd depend on the premise of the movie and the characters.

None come to mind, I can't even remember any that I've watched honestly, but it'd depend on the premise of the movie and the characters.

Ok that explains a lot. Cobra Kai pulls on those old movie tropes of my fighting style is better then yours, which ends up being a long fight sequence, that depending on the choreography could be fun to watch.

If you don't like the old Kung FU movies, have no nostalgia ties, and don't get into the soap opera like storyline then yeah Cobra Kai will come off as silly

Back