Cobra Desert Ops Trooper: Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure how this impacts sales but this 1/6 is now a "Domestic Web Exclusive"?

Just had it delivered.

Identical to the Officer in every way except the addition of goggles and color variant. Weathering again looks top notch like the sniper from last month.

No real wow factors or surprises here, but for the price I consider it a worthy addition to this line.

If I get these I'm glad they didn't change head sculpts, the officer & sniper are perfectly designed. I just would have rather seen a blue sniper and a blue with black mask & silver emblem officer.

If I get these I'm glad they didn't change head sculpts, the officer & sniper are perfectly designed. I just would have rather seen a blue sniper and a blue with black mask & silver emblem officer.

Would have been nice to have some variety.

Sideshow should release a set of different Cobra Trooper head sculpts. Kind of like what Dragon does:
drf71186.jpg

True, but there are tons of heads out there to use. Just put the helmet and cloth mask on and call it a day.

True, but there are tons of heads out there to use. Just put the helmet and cloth mask on and call it a day.

Also true, but I like my figures consistent. I dont like having the cloth masks on the troopers if the others (BH, SS, FF, CC) have molded masks. That is why copied King D's idea and changed SE.

I was hoping the same since I use true types a lot. Unfortunately the heads are a touch too large for the helmets and stretch out the cloth masks to the point where it is obvious they werent suppose to be together. So if youre hoping for that kind of a switch Hot Toys isnt the way to go.

Yup. When I ported Snake Eyes over to a TTA, I was hoping to use the Dominic Purcell head sculpt on my extra Cobra Officer. No dice, as the noggin was too big for the helmet.

Another fine repaint and looks great with Dusty and the Sniper. Officers don't sit for hours out in the sun waiting for their shot like the Sniper, so his webgear isn't sunfaded.

It's been overcast all day, so no natural light pics. :dunno

cobradesertofficer1.jpg

cobradesertofficer2.jpg

cobradesertofficer3.jpg

cobradesertofficer4.jpg

cobradesertofficer5.jpg

Another fine repaint and looks great with Dusty and the Sniper. Officers don't sit for hours out in the sun waiting for their shot like the Sniper, so his webgear isn't sunfaded.

That never dawned on me but makes perfect sense. Thanks for the insight...adds a level of detail I never would have appreciated.

cobradesertofficer1.jpg

cobradesertofficer2.jpg

cobradesertofficer3.jpg

cobradesertofficer4.jpg

cobradesertofficer5.jpg

With the new paint apps on the eyes, it almost looks like a new sculpt.

cobradesertofficer1.jpg

cobradesertofficer2.jpg

cobradesertofficer3.jpg

cobradesertofficer4.jpg

cobradesertofficer5.jpg

Fudgeeeeeee.....these pics are REALLY tempting me. With a trip to Disneyland next month and Rogue, the Mark V, Batman, and Shadow Predator shipping next month, I cancelled my order for Resident Evil Alice and re-ordered Alice using my Reward Points to save some moolah instead of ordering the Desert Officer and Trooper as initially planned, but these pics are seriously making me think I need to pull the trigger now and pay out of pocket.

With the new paint apps on the eyes, it almost looks like a new sculpt.

Yeah, I had the same thought. They are obviously re-used sculpts, but the lighter colored eyes give the illusion of them being new sculpts.

Back