Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The effects were fairly well done; some were great - like Pegasus; others, not so much - like the scorpions. I was pleasantly surprised by Medusa's CGI. In the trailers she looked bad, but on the big screen I thought Medusa, and the Kraken, worked quite well. Oh, and some of the matte paintings looked underwhelming. Perhaps, however, this was due to the 3D effect.

Does anyone even do matte paintings anymore?

saw this in 3D couple nights ago (my first 3D movie) and i have to say i'm not a fan of this format. i found it very distracting and it actually gave me a headache.
as for the movie it was just average for me. 5/10

I saw it in 2D today and I can see where watching it in 3D would be a problem. Some of the action is just too fast moving. Anyway, I really liked the film, but to me, it's too different from the original to even try and compare it.

This is definitely a 2D movie. They tried to have some moments where 3D would have looked cool but it just looked cheezy.

Caught this over the weekend (in 2D)...

I like it a lot...it was a good romp, obviously made with affection for the genre and with some fun nods not just to it's predecessor, but to moives like this in general. It didn't take it's self too seriously or work on making everything too perfect.

I liked the scorpions...they were almost rendered with bit of a Harryhausen look to them...the Pegasus scenes were really great to watch...Medusa was a little video-gamey looking and the Kraken was about as state-of-the-art as anything ILM's pumped out recently...

Good actors chewing scenery, fun for the eyes...a great "B" movie or drive-in flick...

Caught this over the weekend (in 2D)...

I like it a lot...it was a good romp, obviously made with affection for the genre and with some fun nods not just to it's predecessor, but to moives like this in general. It didn't take it's self too seriously or work on making everything too perfect.

I liked the scorpions...they were almost rendered with bit of a Harryhausen look to them...the Pegasus scenes were really great to watch...Medusa was a little video-gamey looking and the Kraken was about as state-of-the-art as anything ILM's pumped out recently...

Good actors chewing scenery, fun for the eyes...a great "B" movie or drive-in flick...

I agree and that's why I enjoyed this movie more than the original. It didn't try to be more than it was, a straight "B" action adventure movie. It definitely could have used some more work, but the movie itself was very entertaining. I think the biggest problem with the original was it aspired to be too much and never achieved it, making it seem sub-par.

I agree and that's why I enjoyed this movie more than the original. It didn't try to be more than it was, a straight "B" action adventure movie. It definitely could have used some more work, but the movie itself was very entertaining. I think the biggest problem with the original was it aspired to be too much and never achieved it, making it seem sub-par.

There were times during certain scenes that I thought that there was probably going to be an extended version of this in the future.

There were times during certain scenes that I thought that there was probably going to be an extended version of this in the future.

Yes I thought so too. An extended cut would flesh out the characters and story more I think. There were several scenes in the movie where they would cut away to the next set piece and it was almost awkward and forced. I'll definitely be looking for an extended/director's cut.

Yes I thought so too. An extended cut would flesh out the characters and story more I think. There were several scenes in the movie where they would cut away to the next set piece and it was almost awkward and forced. I'll definitely be looking for an extended/director's cut.

Oh the horror.. I'm still waiting for that Terminator: Salvation extended cut that was promised as well.. Sigh!!

Im at work today still thinking and talking about clash of the titans and i still come to the conclusion that I didnt really like it much. I thought the scene with medusa was really wasted. It could have been done so much better... :(

Saw it in 3D over the weekend and have to agree... the 3D is totally useless. I also noticed that the glasses caused the image to be darker, but w/little to no added benefit from being in 3D. Definitely see it in 2D if you can as I think the experience would actually be better.

The film itself was very "meh". I didn't hate it, or fee like my childhood had been defiled... but it also felt very hollow and less like a quest and more like a series of events strung together. It didn't seem like any of the goals were hard to accomplish and aside from secondary characters getting the axe no real losses along the way.

I did like the Kraken sequence... he was well done and very impressive; but it was a situation of too little too late. The added intrigue between the Gods was not a good change (IMO) and felt unnecessary and forced.

This is one I'd recommend avoiding in the theater, but if you must see it go 2D. But in general I think its safer as a rental.

Saw it in 3D over the weekend and have to agree... the 3D is totally useless. I also noticed that the glasses caused the image to be darker, but w/little to no added benefit from being in 3D. Definitely see it in 2D if you can as I think the experience would actually be better.

The film itself was very "meh". I didn't hate it, or fee like my childhood had been defiled... but it also felt very hollow and less like a quest and more like a series of events strung together. It didn't seem like any of the goals were hard to accomplish and aside from secondary characters getting the axe no real losses along the way.

I did like the Kraken sequence... he was well done and very impressive; but it was a situation of too little too late. The added intrigue between the Gods was not a good change (IMO) and felt unnecessary and forced.

This is one I'd recommend avoiding in the theater, but if you must see it go 2D. But in general I think its safer as a rental.

Good to know, i was gonna take my wife to see it today...now i think i will wait till its out on DVD thanks!

Still haven't seen it yet, but I wanted to bump this post of a rare positive review and get opinions about it from people who have seen the film:

Here's a positive review that makes some interesting coments about the CG and the 3D.

https://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1977333,00.html

Thought this part was particularly interesting:

Second, on remaking an old favorite. I'll tell you why the middle-aged critical Cassandras remember the 1981 version as a movie milestone: because when they first saw it, they were 11. Not that it didn't boast its antique charms, mostly in Harryhausen's nifty-creaky beasties, but these scenes consume perhaps 15 mins. of a two-hr. movie. The rest is a botch, as storytelling or spectacle. First we're up on Olympus in the company of some swank Brit actors — Laurence Olivier as Zeus, Claire Bloom as Hera, Maggie Smith as Thetis — whose contempt for the material, and for themselves for taking this rich but demeaning payday, deprives their readings of either the sizzle of high drama or the florid flounce of high camp. Then we're on earth, in Argos, where the half-god Perseus, Zeus' bastard son, is incarnated by Harry Hamlin with a pouty air and the look of a Muscle Beach Andy Samberg. Under director Desmond Davis, the live-action scenes are stately, starchy, suffocating.

Third, Bubo. C'mon, guys, this whistling clockwork owl was one of Harryhausen's lesser concoctions. Offering comic relief to the 1981 film's solemnity, Bubo was a figure of George Lucas-like whimsy: the echo of R2D2, precursor to Jar Jar Binks. At the end, a wandering poet (Burgess Meredith) says that Perseus' achievements might inspire him to write a play, and when Bubo starts clucking he says comfortingly, "Oh, don't worry, I won't leave you out." The new movie's screenwriters, Travis Beacham, Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, took that as a cue to usher Bubo into a scene where Perseus (Sam Worthington) is girding for battle. "What is this?" he asks a soldier, who replies, "Leave it." The whole thing takes about 15 secs., which is quite Bubonic enough for my tastes.

Still haven't seen it yet, but I wanted to bump this post of a rare positive review and get opinions about it from people who have seen the film:

Thought this part was particularly interesting:

This is actually a pretty good review. I liked the film. I liked the original as well. Two different movies in my opinion.

I guess its all about expectations... this film didn't have much of a soul compared to the original. I think it could have been great, but rather than work on the story and character development they went with flash and it largely failed.

I really felt bored through much of the movie... my wife even fell asleep which looked more entertaining :lol

Again, its not awful... but much like Alice in Wonderland it just doesn't really grab your attention.

Saw this a couple days ago and honestly I don't understand why all the bad reviews for it...I mean sure it wasn't epic or the best, but it was a good popcorn movie and I think that's all it was meant to be...These critics I think take movies waayy to seriously sometimes..

And it might just be me, but I could just see moments of a live action Wnder Woman movie in there, especially with the whole greek mythology thing goin on...Oh man I'm just salivating for a really good live Wonder Woman movie to be made :drool

Back