Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its all about expectations... this film didn't have much of a soul compared to the original. I think it could have been great, but rather than work on the story and character development they went with flash and it largely failed.

I really felt bored through much of the movie... my wife even fell asleep which looked more entertaining :lol

Again, its not awful... but much like Alice in Wonderland it just doesn't really grab your attention.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I gotta agree with GB...movie had no real heart. If they were gonna change the original story, at least they could have made it a better story. Afterall, they have the advantage of seeing and reading the original movie and script.

The problem with the movie for me is ALL it was was a popcorn movie, the 3D didn't add ANYTHING to the experience (glad I saw it for free at a pre-screening) and almost NONE of the characters were fleshed out at all! I found myself not caring for any of them. When they died or left the "quest", I could care less.

The film itself was very "meh". I didn't hate it, or fee like my childhood had been defiled... but it also felt very hollow and less like a quest and more like a series of events strung together.

My wife said the same thing and she has never seen the original. This hits the nail on the head and sums up the whole movie in my opinion.

If you could care less about stuff like plots, antagonist, story & character development, you'll love it! :banana

But if you do care for stuff like that, don't spend your loot expecting to get it from Titans.

I guess its all about expectations... this film didn't have much of a soul compared to the original. I think it could have been great, but rather than work on the story and character development they went with flash and it largely failed.

That's the problem with movies in general today, just throw as much stuff on the screen as possible. Back in the old days when special effects were much more difficult to achieve, they actually had to make you care what was going on within the story so you'd stick around for the handful of effects shots.

Yeah, I've had the same general complaint about a lot of movies lately... just stuff happening with no real point or connection to the characters.

Don't know if film makers are just lazy, or if movie goers prefer this kind of film. But, I prefer to be entertained and engaged with a movie.

Hollywood block buster movies are made for one reason. Money !! Most directors these days feel that if they can make a movie with actors with big names, big effects and in 3D that it will be winner. Hollywood has become lazy. Thank god for PIXAR, Chris Nolan and several other directors I can't think of right now.

Why anyone expected this movie to be anything other than mediocre is beyond me. There was no mention of this being released in 3D when it was announced and when it was mentioned a few months back I thought, 'well this is going to be really crap if they are tacking 3D on at the last minute'

Anyway, sorry about the rant, I've not even seen the movie and I have no intention of seeing it, especially now my local cinema has hiked prices u by 20%.

Great movies, Good movies, Excellent movies, Crappy ones, Mediocre and Bad ones have always existed... :dunno

it has nothing to do with this age or the technology...
it's just the quantity of movies released currently is huge vs. say 20 or 40 years ago...

IMO this was a good movie, but not great...
I enjoyed it... but could've been better for sure.
Most of the upcoming films this year, I forsee being average or good enough.

As long as Toy Story 3, Predators, Inception, Splice and Tron deliver, I'm good!

Green Hornet, Let me In, Piranha 3D, The Expendables, Jonah Hex, The Last Airbender, Machete, A-Team, Prince of Persia, Shrek 4, Iron Man 2, Kick Ass and Nightmare on Elm St. will most likely range from bad, to mediocre, to good enough... but I don't really care, I'll watch them though ...

I had higher expectations for Clash, but I wouldn't say it's unexpected that it wasn't better...

sam worthington has officially exhausted all benefit-of-the-doubt i've been affording him since his hollywood debut. i don't hate him, and he has a likable enough physicality. but the guy just can't hack it as a leading man. his brooding, angry young man schtick is one-dimensional, his on-screen presence can be best described as neutral, and he CANNOT do ANY accent other than his native australian to save his life! now, i've absolutely nothing against aussies, but it is very jarring (not mention annoying) when a character is supposed to be from LA, or a US marine, or ancient greek but very obviously sounds like steve friggin irwin. all the time. every time. the least he could do is neutralize his strong native accent but he can't seem to manage. it just immediately takes me out of the movie. and that means the actor has failed in his most fundamental job. to be convincing in his role. sorry for the worthington rant. but i can't understand why this guy keeps getting such high-profile roles.

he reminds me of vin diesel. once touted as the next big thing, he's now fading into obscurity. and i'm pretty sure in about 10 years, no one will even recall this guy.

having said that, clash wasn't as bad as i expected. i found it mildly watchable, in spite of worthington. it's still a curiously flat experience, except for a couple of scenes (the scorpiok attack, and every time pegasus appears). and the medusa effects are godawful.

Is Andromeda as hot as she was in '81? Judi Bowker was a gem.

he reminds me of vin diesel. once touted as the next big thing, he's now fading into obscurity. and i'm pretty sure in about 10 years, no one will even recall this guy.

Yeah, Worthington blows. I laughed when you said Vin Diesel. Bull's-eye. :gun

Last edited:
Oy. What a screw up that was. I meant Andromeda. Damn, but Sian Phillips was an unattractive old lady. :lol

So Alexa Davalos played her in the new one. Nope. No contest. Judi Bowker is untouchable.

imagen_judi_bowker_0102_0.jpg

:love

By far the worst '3D' movie since the new 3D era. Movie was okay, easily forgettable.

Did you see Alice in Wonderland? I think it was a bit worse... mainly because it really could have been good. Burton and Alice In Wonderland should have been a perfect pairing, but instead it was bland and easily forgettable like this flick was. And had the same craptastic misuse of 3D :lol

We're just having 3d shoved down our throat at this point. It's nothing more than a marketing tool.
If a director isn't setting up scenes with 3d in mind the film should never be shown in that format.

We're just having 3d shoved down our throat at this point. It's nothing more than a marketing tool.
If a director isn't setting up scenes with 3d in mind the film should never be shown in that format.

I'm waiting for comedies to come out in 3D. I'm surprised Date Night wasn't.

I'm sick of it already. I wised up and saw Titans in 2D.

Back