Christopher Nolan's Memento Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There supposedly was, but I was never able to make it work that way. I've owned two DVD versions of Memento over the years, too.

u7uhWkk.jpg

wasn't there an "Easter Egg" on one of the Memento DVDs/Blu-Ray where you can actually watch the film in order? I know it would lessen the impact of the film, but I was kind of curious if anyone actually saw it this way.

The DVD did, not sure about the blu-ray. You had to jump through about 50 hoops to get it to play. I did watch the whole thing in chronological order and I remember some continuity error/plot hole that came up only as a result of watching it that way so I never did again.

I'm not against remakes,but this is a weird choice because the original film wasn't a huge hit to begin with. I can understand when they remake a popular film with a fanbase, but who's going to watch a Momento remake? Not to mention, I can understand when they remake an old film because there's a generation that might not be familiar with it, but Nolan is a modern filmmaker and very relevant today, and the original film came out only 15 years ago, so it's not like there's a generation that's not familiar with Nolan's films :dunno

I agree with you there Clown. It's not like Nolan is in any way irrelevant. If anything, he's just as popular as ever. They can't use his name on this remake. So where's the selling point? If they're looking for a buck off Memento, then just rerelease the Nolan film into the cinemas. There you go. Money money money. Especially now that they can market it off The Dark Knight and Interstellar.

I agree with you there Clown. It's not like Nolan is in any way irrelevant. If anything, he's just as popular as ever. They can't use his name on this remake. So where's the selling point? If they're looking for a buck off Memento, then just rerelease the Nolan film into the cinemas. There you go. Money money money. Especially now that they can market it off The Dark Knight and Interstellar.

I think people see through this sort of thing too. The Amazing Spider Man reboot just 5 years after Spider Man 3, Let Me In just 2 years after Let the Right One In. Just because it's in a funny sounding language and you have to read the words doesn't mean it needs redone. Rebooting a series without it being dormant long enough for people to really want it again is just silly. Neither of those movies really accomplished what they set out to do.
I don't understand what they think they could add or do to Memento that would justify a remake. Remakes work best if the original movie is just so-so because there's a chance they can actually make a better one. It's just a lack of ideas in Hollywood. I can't imagine too many fans of the original that would want to run out and see this and it wasn't a massive money maker in 2001, so who else would see it based on name recognition? This kinda seems doomed to failure to me.

Back