Cinemaquette's Indiana Jones 24-Inch Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm aware of what he signed regarding this piece nor did say it is, but merely looks that way. I'm glad Harrison endorsed that piece, but Sideshow's piece can sell itself and does not need the appealing factor of a signature to help sell it. Like I said it is a quality piece, it just loses me with the likeness or lack thereof, IMO

l

Correct!! Like CM would say "harrison said our sculpt suck!!" :lol:lol:lol
That's sales pitch!,,,! CM needs to do this to help selling that poor sculpt,..Sideshow don't need to do that,... :whip

I'd probably pay a grand for it and would be happy. I find it very impressive even if the sculpt is off. They should have paid Trevor to create the sculpt.

I'd probably pay a grand for it and would be happy. I find it very impressive even if the sculpt is off. They should have paid Trevor to create the sculpt.

Indeed. :whip

The new pics that Gruson shows prior to the movie he made shows it in its best form. The only problem it suffers is the eyes just have a blank straight forward stare in them where it contradicts the dynamics of the pose. It should of had something that speaks louder for the character.

Does anyone remember these photos??? I thought for sure I would be saving up and buying one of these when I first saw these photos. Then I saw the price hike, the final product, and the better SS piece and it was bye bye Cinemaquette.

NYF_7125_resize.JPG

NYF_7122_resize.JPG

NYF_7070_resize.JPG

Yes, not perfect but I see Harrison Ford there. How it goes from those to these is beyond me.

cinemaquette_15.jpg

sorry to use one of your photos Gru. I thought you were only going to do full size busts from now on. I would say it's the photo but I remember your Cinemaquette T-800 and that looked AWSOME!

indy8.jpg

This one is better BUT i don't feel that it is better then the SS PF and it's definitely not $1700 better then the SS PF.

attachment.php

I think Cinemaquette fooled Mr. Ford by showing him the original production. Ford was like "WOW that looks like me" signed all the certificates and then Cinemaquette put them on the final product.

No worries Jaws, if I still had my SLR I would take some killer photos for you. :)

I just love this piece, it exceeded my expectations big time. I guess that's all that matters in the end. Shame most people will not give it a chance...then again, it should have been priced around $1250 IMO too.

My favorite pieces have been my CM endo, CM Arnold, CKing Superman, and 1:1 endo. With limited room, I have decided to keep only a few 1/3 pieces since they look the best when displayed and have that museum feel to them. They look incredible in my home theater room...will work on some pics at some point when I get a new SLR this week.

I do need a CM Endo and a "good" CM Arnold if anyone wants to sell me theirs.

So true Gru, I wish most would give CM's a chance they are very impressive in person

Does anyone remember these photos??? I thought for sure I would be saving up and buying one of these when I first saw these photos. Then I saw the price hike, the final product, and the better SS piece and it was bye bye Cinemaquette.

NYF_7125_resize.JPG

NYF_7122_resize.JPG

NYF_7070_resize.JPG

Yes, not perfect but I see Harrison Ford there. How it goes from those to these is beyond me.

cinemaquette_15.jpg

sorry to use one of your photos Gru. I thought you were only going to do full size busts from now on. I would say it's the photo but I remember your Cinemaquette T-800 and that looked AWSOME!

indy8.jpg

This one is better BUT i don't feel that it is better then the SS PF and it's definitely not $1700 better then the SS PF.

attachment.php

I think Cinemaquette fooled Mr. Ford by showing him the original production. Ford was like "WOW that looks like me" signed all the certificates and then Cinemaquette put them on the final product.

It's the exact same sculpt and paint job - only the hair is different from the proto to the production. I would agree that it's not as good a likeness as the SSC PF, but it is much better than people are saying.

It's the exact same sculpt and paint job - only the hair is different from the proto to the production. I would agree that it's not as good a likeness as the SSC PF, but it is much better than people are saying.

Well if thats the case then I would give it a shot if it were not for the price tag. If they were $500 - $600 I would probably have 1 or 2. Again I just don't see bang for you buck with these. Sure the Endo may be better then the SS. But $500 better?? Or the T-800 being $1000 better then the SS PF. And again I in no way see the CM Indy being worth $1700 more then the PF. But hey that is what collecting is all about - One man's WTF is another man's treasure.

You'll probably need to check your facts on this point.

Harrison Ford hand signed the original CM COA after being impressed with the CM version. A copy of his signature appears on every pressing of the production run COA.

This passage was posted on April 18 2008 on the website that handles Harrison Ford's signings:

"Coolwaters Productions LLC is pleased to announce that we have secured the personal approval of Mr. Harrison Ford for the new INDIANA JONES CINEMAQUETTE from TOYNAMI!
Mr. Ford was so impressed with the detailed attention to this fully licensed product that he personally signed the master Certificate of Authenticity! Mr. Ford does not often lend his name to a licensee & Mr. Ford's signature is hard to obtain as it is, so the fact that he gave permission to Toynami to replicate it for their certificate proves that this Indiana Jones collectible MUST be "top notch". These will be produced in a VERY limited quantities, so order now!"

I've been searching as best I can, but I can't seem to find his sgnature on the SS version :confused: :rolleyes:

That's a good one! :lol It's amazing how impressed people are when they're getting paid for their autograph. Any mention on that certificate of how much Ford was paid for "selling out" on this statue?:rolleyes:

The only thing more shocking to me is the idea anyone would spend 6x the money to own one of these over the SS version. No doubt the CM version looks excellent from the neck down, but the facial sculpt isn't even in the same league as Trevor's.

Well if thats the case then I would give it a shot if it were not for the price tag. If they were $500 - $600 I would probably have 1 or 2. Again I just don't see bang for you buck with these. Sure the Endo may be better then the SS. But $500 better?? Or the T-800 being $1000 better then the SS PF. And again I in no way see the CM Indy being worth $1700 more then the PF. But hey that is what collecting is all about - One man's WTF is another man's treasure.

I can see your point.

$1700 more is very steep and Indy was priced too high, always thought that and why I never bought it until now (got mine really cheap).

The T-800 endo is easily worth the extra money over the Sideshow endo. Different league of collectible for sure.

Same with Predator, easily worth the additional dollars.

Those are good pictures, and I think I can see something of what you must see when looking at the piece in person. My money is still on the PF, though, if only because of the price difference. They're very different styles, of course. The PF is a bit of a caricature, and the way it's painted reinforces that. The CM piece is going for total realism, and in some sense that is a lot less forgiving. Even a small inaccuracy will hurt the likeness, while on something like the PF you can look past it because they aren't going for such minute detail. That said, if they were the same price (or at least more comparable) you could definitely make an argument for the CM.

At $2,000 versus $300 it's going to be a hard sell for most people.

Here were the ones with the hat down, looks almost perfect to me but again, wanted to show his face in the other pics.

ck14.jpg

ck15.jpg

ck13.jpg

And of course the big daddy! Imagine a 1/3 Vader to go with him!
ck12.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a bad-looking Indy collectible, but not worth its price tag, IMO. If I could land one for under $1,000 I might bite, although I find it hard spending that kind of money on something that is just going to sit on a shelf and collect dust.

I'm glad that Gruson is happy with his purchase though. I have pieces in my Indy collection that I like a lot that other folks would probably balk at, so it's all about personal tastes.

Those are good pictures, and I think I can see something of what you must see when looking at the piece in person. My money is still on the PF, though, if only because of the price difference. They're very different styles, of course. The PF is a bit of a caricature, and the way it's painted reinforces that. The CM piece is going for total realism, and in some sense that is a lot less forgiving. Even a small inaccuracy will hurt the likeness, while on something like the PF you can look past it because they aren't going for such minute detail. That said, if they were the same price (or at least more comparable) you could definitely make an argument for the CM.

At $2,000 versus $300 it's going to be a hard sell for most people.

I'm sorry but even if it was the same price as the PF, the PF still beats it IMO

Back