Chris Howes custom Doctor Who sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
"Regeneration, my dear, and not a moment too soon!"

Hey gang, I am positively thrilled to announce my group Doctor Who commissions have changed from Ada over to Chris Howes. Not only is he amazingly talented, he is runs a much more professional ship (these will only be offered through us, together), guarantees properly scaled heads, and... is a Doctor Who fan?!? :horror :horror :horror

CHowes.gif

Some of Chris' previous work.

This first post has been updated to reflect the current heads being made.

Right now, Chris is just about to start sculpting his 4th Doctor and (classic) Sarah Jane Smith heads. Pre-payments are being accepted for these now.
Each head is $35, + $5 S&H, but that $5 covers up to 5 heads.

d4-4h-017.jpg

FOURTH DOCTOR HATLESS (serious)

Ombudsman
Captainjamesbrooke
Scifi67
MadeBoxer
*Edojoe49
*Knucklefunger
*Bcm77
*Inked Dalek
*Yodasan
*Gruff Old Bear
*BillyB
*MiskatonikNick (no preference on tom)
*2000Man
*Uriah 10

Chris-Sarah-gif.gif

SARAH (LONGER SEASON 13 PoE HAIR)
Captainjamesbrooke
*WST
*Edojoe49
leviathan0999
*Knucklefunger
*Miskatonic Nick
*Trevor22a
*BillyB
*Inked Dalek
*BCM77
*2000man
*Uriah 10

and K-9!!!!! (who has his own thread)
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...86#post1280586

Scarfs for sale here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45196

I was asked a good question about what bodies the heads are for. Both will be for standard Dragon bodies. Sarah is being made for a Dragon female body because if she's popped on a Cygirl bod, she'll suddenly become a size DD (laugh). Dragon is a bit more realistic. :)

Last edited:
Wave Two- 1st quarter 2009
To be announced

undetermined Beyond wave two
THE BRIGADIER
Bcm77
Uriah 10
VikkiTX
Miskatonic Nick
Morethanatimelord
Knucklefunger

ROMANA II
Bcm77
Uriah 10
VikkiTX
Trevor22a

THE MASTER (AINLEY)
Bcm77
Uriah 10
Trevor22a
Morethanatimelord

Last edited:
I got one of Ada's heads from the previous commission and will hopefully be getting a couple of casts of BillyB's sculpts of Tom in the near future.
Does this mean I won't be intrested to see how these turn out?
HELL NO! BRING 'EM ON! :D
As far as I'm concerned Tom Baker is THE Doctor and the more sculpts of him there are,the better as it's always nice to have a choice.
The other sculpts all have a serious look to them so my preference would be for one with Tom's trademark grin especially as the one from Product Enterprises/Iconic Replicas doesn't look like it'll ever see light of day but providing there was a noticeable difference in the expression from the other sculpts I've mentioned I wouldn't rule out getting another serious looking one.
A Sarah Jane from season 13 is a must and at present I'm not sure about a Pertwee era version though I wouldn't rule one out,especially if we got a Pertwee sculpt to go with it.

Last edited:
d4-4h-017.jpg

SARAH (LONGER SEASON 13 PoE HAIR)

Not interested in just heads or 12" figures, but do me a fully sculpted 1/6th SJS in polystone, painted that looks just like that photo and I'm in.

Better yet, make it a 1/4 scale "PF" and I'm ready to write the cheque (as long as I afford it.)

Cool, but do you have a preference of smiling or frowning hatted as a vote, or are you happy with either just as long as a hatted version gets made?
-Rick :)

hatted and serious look for me rick i think, everytime. to me the iconic look of the 4th doctor is the long scarf and wide brimmed hat. the reason i go for serious look is because toms best performances came from his serious stern and sometimes frightened times such as pyramids of mars and the seeds of doom

so i prefer the serious hatted look :)

This expression,with & without the hat,

4thdoc.jpg

I'm in for a Season 12 Sarah (easier to sculpt on longer hair if needs be). As for which Tom... can't make up my mind; basically happy whichever one gets done so put a tick under each of the variant 4th Doctors for me.

I'm guessing working with the materials at this end of the custom scale a baldy Tom with swappable hair & hair w/hat would be a nightmare to get done properly?

Nick

I'm happy as long as you continue this line...Chris is terrific...have you sent him a Troughton for size reference?

The Troughton was made in the proper scale, so there's not really a worry about Chris needing one for size reference (he is the exact size as a Dragon head I have here sitting on my desk).

We plan to be doing this for awhile. What are YOUR preferences for a Tom or Sarah. Any interest? :banana

what about a meglos as an alternative? :)

Man, I dunno about all of those cactus needles being able to be molded on(laugh). There was a Hot Toys Ancient Predator that required you to individually glue all of his spiney face quills his face on that I wouldn't wish on my greatest enemy--- (I'm talking to you, Melville Dewey, creater of the Dewey Decimal system!)--- if they came seperately in a kit.

A Meglos version sounds more like something you'd have to customize/modify yourself, but one I'd love to see. If ONLY there were people on this board who liked to customize--- :monkey5:monkey5 :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back