Doctor Who K-9 commission- Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also would there be any chance of his nose gun being incorporated into the design?

It's always showing a bit. Do you mean having it be retractable? That would be cool!

If it can't be made retractable, would we prefer it permanantly extended or withdrawn?

It's always showing a bit. Do you mean having it be retractable? That would be cool!

If it can't be made retractable, would we prefer it permanantly extended or withdrawn?

I meant retractable if possible,otherwise it'd be best to have it withdrawn.

OK, so, I'm getting a little too stupid here, but I was daydreaming about putting a laser in the nose..... :D

A laser-pointer type laser would be absolutely AMAZING if you could get that to work out!!!!! If you could leave it "on" it would be even cooler. I'd never shut mine off. I mean, that would be the crown jewels!

Well, not THE crown jewels. The vet got those the last time K-9 was taken to the vet, if you know what I mean. :horror

But a laser would be the coolest addition thing ever, man! :banana:banana:banana

-Rick :)

A laser-pointer type laser would be absolutely AMAZING if you could get that to work out!!!!! If you could leave it "on" it would be even cooler. I'd never shut mine off. I mean, that would be the crown jewels!

Well, not THE crown jewels. The vet got those the last time K-9 was taken to the vet, if you know what I mean. :horror

But a laser would be the coolest addition thing ever, man! :banana:banana:banana

-Rick :)

My nephew, Nate, is a techno-freak. He and his buddies like to hack hardware and a favorite project of theirs is to make a turbocharged hand held laser from an old DVD burner. It's about the size of a penlight ( do they still make penlights? ) but has the power to burn through paper, scorch wood, etc. Seriously dangerous, fun-til-someone-looses-an-eye kind of stuff.

In my most evil, darkest moments, I ponder equipping K-9 with such power... :mwaha

My nephew, Nate, is a techno-freak. He and his buddies like to hack hardware and a favorite project of theirs is to make a turbocharged hand held laser from an old DVD burner. It's about the size of a penlight ( do they still make penlights? ) but has the power to burn through paper, scorch wood, etc. Seriously dangerous, fun-til-someone-looses-an-eye kind of stuff.

In my most evil, darkest moments, I ponder equipping K-9 with such power... :mwaha

They do still make penlights.

Laser pointers come in different sizes and styles. Some with a small head on the end or a long twisty neck to point it in different directions, connected to the small pen part that holds the battery. For like $5.99.

If K9's head opened and something was made to lock the laser point in place by his gun, the long wire-like neck piece of it could easily be threaded through K-9's neck if hollow, to house the tiny penlight portion of it with the battery in his body cavity. And that's the "Rick the Technological Caveman" (TM) way to do it. You, who actually know what you're doing with electronics, could probably dis-assemble a laser pen and make it fit/work more eloquently. :angelsmil And probably wouldn't even use duct-tape!

Custom K9 with a laser nose and a soundbyte of Tom Baker swearing = WIN!

:lol just perfect for protecting ones statue collection from any free ranging cats.

O' just thought of something else, even with just a low powered laser, you could put K9 at one end of the room, one of those little 'laser detector' things at the other end and as soon something steps between, breaking the link, you could have the TARDIS cloister bells going off.

Back